Oct 21, 2016
Application Update Finally!

Vancouver office.

Application sent - Aug 14
AOR - Sep 19
BG - Sep 26
Test Schedule - Oct 10
Test Completed - Oct 17
Nov 4 - Request for all passport pages (From surrey office)
Dec 8 (Updated today) - LPP Completed
Oath - Not Started

Don't know if this will be done by end of year or they will forget about me with the vacations. But happy that this has been updated this year.
There's a video oath ceremony on Dec 18th hosted by the Surrey office. Maybe you will get invited to this one soon.

Lsingh2212

Star Member
Jun 8, 2022
The Final update thank you everyone for your support
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1228
Application: Single
Application sent: August 16, 2023
Delivered: August 16, 2023
AOR: 20 Sept
GU: 12 OCT
Background Complete: 12 OCT
GU2: 14 OCT
Test Invite: October 25, 2023(Received from Niagara office )
Test Window: October 27, 2023 Till Nov 16, 2023.
Test Given - Nov 4, 2023(Unofficial score 18/20)
Test updated to complete on tracker - 8 Nov(Marked complete on 6 Nov)
LPP updated to complete on tracker 9 Nov(Marked complete on 6 Nov)
Citizenship ceremony - 6 Dec(Niagara office)
Oath form sent via e mail - 7 Dec
Certificate available to download - 11 Dec

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
Reactions: desmat and IT_VE_CA

sreenathpc

Aug 22, 2016
There's a video oath ceremony on Dec 18th hosted by the Surrey office. Maybe you will get invited to this one soon.
I just got the ceremony invite this morning!!
Dec 20 at 9.00am.
Video ceremony.
Received an email for e certificate download yesterday evening as well.
Hope everyone gets their oath ceremony before the end of the year.

Reactions: endor and Gavin22

bhandariji

Mar 4, 2014
Here's timeline for my spouse's application: Application Status: In progress
Physical Presence Days:1110
Application sent: Aug 4
Application incomplete: Sept 13
Application re-sent: Sept 13
AOR:Oct 12
Application filed: Nov 2
BG Completed: Nov 7
Citizenship test request: Nov 9
Test Completed: Nov 17 (updated Nov 20)
LPP Completed: Nov 28

Oath: Not Started

I'm not sure where the application is being processed, how would you know that? The AOR came from Sydney,NS and Test invite came from Montreal.

Now the question to the community is, how long does it take from LPP completed to Oath Invite? Please share any information if you have.

thepharmaguy

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Update..I and my wife were able to download citizenship certificates from our respective accounts but my 8 year old son's citizenship certificate is still not available...I used my account for his citizenship application so I was assuming I will be able to download it from my account but it's not there.
Can anyone please confirm if there is a different process for downloading citizenship certificates for minors

lyuchen1980

Aug 25, 2023
I have been following and seeing a lot of updates for many applicants from Vancouver and it seems like most of them are almost done except for me. My application is with Vancouver office and my application stands still with no updates after the citizenship test marked as completed on Oct 24th.
We are in the same boat. Vancouver office. Citizenship test marked as completed on Oct 25th. No updates since then. :(

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
1- I got it from donotreply-nepasrepondre@notification.portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca
2- For me it was 2 days
Hi @chivinas - could you share if you got this email (instructions on how to download certificate - with invite code in it) for the minor (child) as well? Or is it just for the adult applicants?

I'm also curious to learn about your experience on downloading minor's certificate - please do share. Thank you!

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
Update..I and my wife were able to download citizenship certificates from our respective accounts but my 8 year old son's citizenship certificate is still not available...I used my account for his citizenship application so I was assuming I will be able to download it from my account but it's not there.
Can anyone please confirm if there is a different process for downloading citizenship certificates for minors
Hi @thepharmaguy - Did you receive the email about "how to download the e-certificate" prior to the oath? Was there a separate email for the minor as well (i.e., a different invitation code for the minor)?

IslandgirlSR

Star Member
Jun 28, 2020
Hi everyone, my citizenship journey has come an end. This forum was such a great comfort and reference point throughout this process. I wish everyone great success and blessings with being granted your citizenship soon as well.

Physical Days: 1,113
Application sent: August 4, 2023
Delivered: : August 4, 2023
AOR: September 8,2023
Background verification completed: October 11, 2023
Citizenship test: Between October 23,2023 and November 13, 2023
Test Taken: November 1,2023
Test complete: November 8,2023
CIT0520 Requesting passports: November 16,2023
LPP completed: November 29,2023
Citizenship oath Taken : December 13,2023
E-Cert downloaded: December 13,2023

Good luck to you all and God bless

hixynewu

Nov 27, 2023
Hi, for those who applied for a Canadian passport, does anyone know whether Vancouver issues new passport design or the old one? Thanks!

Help2

Nov 16, 2020
Anyone with Mississauga office still waiting for LPP ? Here’s my timeline .. I think the fact that they requested for fingerprints makes it longer. Anyone has a rough idea how long it may take for LPP to be completed?

Physical Presence Days: 1110
Application sent: August 27th, 2023
Delivered: August 27th, 2023
AOR: Oct 6 , 2023.
Test written: Oct 30th
Test completed on tracker: Oct 31st
Fingerprints done: Nov 4th
Fingerprints received on tracker : Nov 27th
Background check completed on tracker: Nov 28th
LPP: in progress
Oath: not started
Finally LPP completed : Dec 12th
Oath: not started

Last edited:
Reactions: desmat

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Now the question to the community is, how long does it take from LPP completed to Oath Invite? Please share any information if you have.
For me it's been a month and a half and oath is still not started. I requested my GCMS notes and everything looks good, so it's just a waiting game atp. Could take another month, could take a year. There is no way to know.

Other people from the same office as mine got their invites within days of LPP completion, so I guess it just depends a lot on your luck.