+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Yeah , I applied for GCMS notes because I’m curious what my secondary office is. I know it takes a month to receive the notes but I hope my application is done before I even receive the notes lol
Applied for the GCMS notes on Nov 29 and got them back today. Some highlights:

Primary Office: Mississauga
Secondary Office: CPC Sydney

At the end, it says: "All Assessments have been passed. One Time Waiver applied (???). It appears that applicant has met the requirements for citizenship"

and

"In accordance with the Citizenship Act and Regulations, and based on the information provided citizenship is GRANTED" -> Mississauga (Nov 2)

Okay great, so what's the hold up for the oath invite? Come on....Mississauga, stop teasing me.

Help2

Nov 16, 2020
Applied for the GCMS notes on Nov 29 and got them back today. Some highlights:

Primary Office: Mississauga
Secondary Office: CPC Sydney

At the end, it says: "All Assessments have been passed. One Time Waiver applied (???). It appears that applicant has met the requirements for citizenship"

and

"In accordance with the Citizenship Act and Regulations, and based on the information provided citizenship is GRANTED" -> Mississauga (Nov 2)

Okay great, so what's the hold up for the oath invite? Come on....Mississauga, stop teasing me.
This is sooo annoying.. literally nothing stopping them from sending out an oath invite. Did you select e-cirtificate btw? I think those who selected e-certificate have their’s done virtually and people that selected paper have theirs in person ? Just my guess I could wrong. Probably takes longer to schedule in person than virtual ?! Idk

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
This is sooo annoying.. literally nothing stopping them from sending out an oath invite. Did you select e-cirtificate btw? I think those who selected e-certificate have their’s done virtually and people that selected paper have theirs in person ? Just my guess I could wrong. Probably takes longer to schedule in person than virtual ?! Idk
I selected e-certificate.

Up to Nov 2nd my application moved normally, but I also have a simple app (single, been living in Canada since 18, easy travel history, no fingerprints requested...)

Some people are unlucky with LPP taking very long, I'm just unlucky with oath taking longer than most folk from Aug 2023. But there are people waiting since 2022 so I guess they're giving them oath priority since there are only so many oath spots available for month.

I called a while ago and they told me that my application was good, and to call again after the 17th month mark. There is nothing I can do at this point other than waiting and hoping that the entire oath/citizenship/passport doesn't bite me in the ass right before I'm supposed to travel.

thepharmaguy

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
I attended my oath ceremony on Dec 6th (Niagara Falls Office) and sent the signed oath forms right after ceremony ended...I am still waiting for my citizenship certificates...just checked the portal and it is still not there...has anyone who took oath on the same day received citizenship certificate?

jpmelchiades

May 4, 2021
Hello,
Anyone from Niagara office in the same situation as me. I had my Oath on December 6th and right after the ceremony I sent my form signed to them but I still not able to download my ecertificate. If someone could already download it could please share with me when you were able to download it? Thank you

sreenathpc

Aug 22, 2016
Application Update Finally!

Vancouver office.

Application sent - Aug 14
AOR - Sep 19
BG - Sep 26
Test Schedule - Oct 10
Test Completed - Oct 17
Nov 4 - Request for all passport pages (From surrey office)
Dec 8 (Updated today) - LPP Completed
Oath - Not Started

Don't know if this will be done by end of year or they will forget about me with the vacations. But happy that this has been updated this year.

Reactions: cayj8

yesda

Dec 12, 2023
Hello,
Anyone from Niagara office in the same situation as me. I had my Oath on December 6th and right after the ceremony I sent my form signed to them but I still not able to download my ecertificate. If someone could already download it could please share with me when you were able to download it? Thank you
l just have downloaded it
Try now

sams19

Feb 11, 2020
Hi Sam, regarding the medical grounds to attend from outside of Canada? Did they ask for any certificate or proof to prove the medical issue?
Is only yourself or the whole family that will attend from outside Canada de oath ceremony?
Hey, I am so sorry, I was bit busy with lot of stuff. We attended the oath ceremony. I asked approval for the whole family. The clerk told me that I didn't get an approval from the register. I showed the approved email, but Clerk told me that it didn't get updated in my application it seems. I shared the reason and additional medical documents in the email. They asked us to leave the ceremony and wait for the approval. Till now, I didn't get an approval email. I contacted them twice via phone and email. They asked me to wait for the approval. Hope it helps.

Last edited:

nsrk

Star Member
May 15, 2017
NOC Code......
Med's Done....
14-08-2017
I attended my oath ceremony on Dec 6th (Niagara Falls Office) and sent the signed oath forms right after ceremony ended...I am still waiting for my citizenship certificates...just checked the portal and it is still not there...has anyone who took oath on the same day received citizenship certificate?
try raising a webform or from a different email id. I am not sure if that works but at least you can give it a try

cayj8

Jun 23, 2020
Congrats!! Have you also received the email about downloading e-certificate before getting LPP updated? Just wondering about how Van office is processing... Thanks!

Application Update Finally!

Vancouver office.

Application sent - Aug 14
AOR - Sep 19
BG - Sep 26
Test Schedule - Oct 10
Test Completed - Oct 17
Nov 4 - Request for all passport pages (From surrey office)
Dec 8 (Updated today) - LPP Completed
Oath - Not Started

Don't know if this will be done by end of year or they will forget about me with the vacations. But happy that this has been updated this year.

thepharmaguy

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
try raising a webform or from a different email id. I am not sure if that works but at least you can give it a try
Thank you...I have already tried email trick yesterday...will raise webform if I don't receive it by tomorrow (officially 5th business day since my oath)

Casablanca93

Star Member
Dec 23, 2018
Does anybody with test completed on October 10 and GU on October 27 has received any message ? I felt Vancouver office forgot about me ,

Oct 24, 2023
Activity status updated: Background verification
Background verification
Background verification status has been updated to Completed.

Oct 23, 2023
Fingerprint results: Received
We received your fingerprint information on October 23, 2023 and will review them shortly. Thank you!

Oct 13, 2023
Activity status updated: Citizenship test
Citizenship test
Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.

Oct 10, 2023
Scheduled for citizenship test
Citizenship test
You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between October 10, 2023 and October 31, 2023. Information and instructions will be sent to you.

Oct 3, 2023
Activity status updated: Citizenship test
Citizenship test

Oct 3, 2023
Fingerprints required
Background verification

Sep 14, 2023
Application filed