+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2023 - Citizenship Applications

teedeebee

May 30, 2019
Hi All,

I had my citizenship ceremony on Monday Dec 4 (Mississauga Office) and I sent in my signed oath form about 30mins after the ceremony ended but I still have not received my certificate. My friend who was in the same ceremony as me already received his e-certificate on Wednesday. Should I be worried? Does anyone know if it is possible to check on the status of the certificate? I am trying to apply for an urgent passport and I need the certificate to do that so I am panicking a bit

kikikokiki

Jan 20, 2021
Hi All,

I had my citizenship ceremony on Monday Dec 4 (Mississauga Office) and I sent in my signed oath form about 30mins after the ceremony ended but I still have not received my certificate. My friend who was in the same ceremony as me already received his e-certificate on Wednesday. Should I be worried? Does anyone know if it is possible to check on the status of the certificate? I am trying to apply for an urgent passport and I need the certificate to do that so I am panicking a bit
I've the same oath this Monday (Dec. 4) and received mine on Wed morning too. Who's your clerk?

kikikokiki

Jan 20, 2021
My clerk was MT
Mine is MC. I suggest calling the IRCC to check if your form has been attached to your profile. When I called on Wed, they said my form was attached but not reviewed yet. They assured me that the 2-5 day countdown starts from when the form is attached, not when it's sent. Interestingly, I got mine just 2 hours after the call that day. Not sure if the call did play a trick or just a coincidence. Give them a ring and see how it goes!

Just a note, I also have upcoming travel plans and need to apply for the passport urgently. I told my clerk about it during registration. When I called them, they said the clerk didn't leave any note about my travels & urgency.

Reactions: teedeebee

Sywaseem

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
So annoyed with Scarborough office. Applied on Aug 21 and only test is done. Finger print was updated on 23 Nov but background is still pending. No movement on LPP.

Probably the worst IRCC office.

prakhyyy

Star Member
Feb 25, 2022
Toronto
Category........
Other
So annoyed with Scarborough office. Applied on Aug 21 and only test is done. Finger print was updated on 23 Nov but background is still pending. No movement on LPP.

Probably the worst IRCC office.
I am stuck with Scarborough too , Applied Aug 20 test complete on Oct 27 and nothing since then, awaiting LPP

• Sad
Reactions: pumpkin_latte

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
Hi All,

Nothing to worry. Your ceremony was on Dec 4, so it has only been 4 business days. If its not updated yet, it will be done on Monday (5th business day)

elizie

Oct 25, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
01-02-2017
AOR Received.
10-04-2017
IELTS Request
Submitted with the Application package
File Transfer...
15-05-2017
Med's Request
25-04-2018
Med's Done....
11-05-2018
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
28-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-06-2018

cayj8

Jun 23, 2020
Could anybody please shed some light on processing timeline at end of year? Thank you!! Even I got LPP completed sometime next week, would Oath happen during the last week of the year, or 1st week of new year? I am not sure if I should travel overseas these weeks...

I am with Vancouver office. Many folks said it's quick, but not my case...

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
Could anybody please shed some light on processing timeline at end of year? Thank you!! Even I got LPP completed sometime next week, would Oath happen during the last week of the year, or 1st week of new year? I am not sure if I should travel overseas these weeks...

I am with Vancouver office. Many folks said it's quick, but not my case...
Its difficult to predict accurately. So far, there are oath ceremonies scheduled until December 20th. Secondly, even if your processing office until LPP was Vancouver, oath ceremonies can be scheduled from any office. In my case, my office was also Vancouver but my oath was scheduled in Calgary. Planning international travel can be very tricky and nerve wracking with such uncertainties. Best of Luck!

Reactions: cayj8