+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2023 - Citizenship Applications

IT_VE_CA

Aug 8, 2020
I received my Canadian passport today. what is next step I am an Indian and live in Vancouver. what should I do? Can I travel with two passport? Or should I surrender Indian passport ? my travel date is 25 dec
Just out of curiosity is it new design or the old one?

Sashank

Apr 12, 2016
I received my Canadian passport today. what is next step I am an Indian and live in Vancouver. what should I do? Can I travel with two passport? Or should I surrender Indian passport ? my travel date is 25 dec
Congratulations!

India doesn't allow dual Citizenship. If you need to go to India you will need to apply for a Visa or OCI card. But you can travel everywhere else with you Canadian passport, just see the rules of entry for the country you are traveling.

I guess the next steps for you is to start the Indian passport surrender process with BLS.

AUG2023

Star Member
Oct 5, 2023
Congratulations!

India doesn't allow dual Citizenship. If you need to go to India you will need to apply for a Visa or OCI card. But you can travel everywhere else with you Canadian passport, just see the rules of entry for the country you are traveling.

I guess the next steps for you is to start the Indian passport surrender process with BLS.
CAN I BOOK APPOINTMENT AT BLS FOR SURRENDER PASSPORT? HOW?

letbx

Star Member
Dec 12, 2017
Category........
CEC
How long is it taking to complete Language Skills, Physical Presence and Prohibitions after completing the test.

Sashank

Apr 12, 2016
How long is it taking to complete Language Skills, Physical Presence and Prohibitions after completing the test.
It depends on each application. Mine took 2 months. My tracker updated test completed on Oct 6. Got LPP update on Dec 5th.

For some it was quicker.

AHSM

Oct 31, 2023
Okay, I called last week and they couldn't locate and asked to call back after a week. So will try again today/tomorrow.

You mean for minor only application, no need to create tracker?
Hi,
I have applied for Minor too on Sept 17th but no AOR yet, have you tried to call IRCC?

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
Hey, do you mind sharing your full timeline?
Here's my timeline:

Online Application : August 21, 2023
AOR : September 28, 2023
Background Completed : 10 Oct, 2023
Test Invite : 18 Oct, 2023
Test Passed : 23 Oct, 2023
Test updated on tracker : 25 Oct, 2023
LPP : 6 Nov, 2023
Oath Ceremony In Progress : 9 Nov, 2023
Oath Letter : 14 Nov, 2023
Oath Ceremony : 23 Nov, 2023
Downloaded E-Certificate : 29 Nov, 2023

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
Wow, That was quick! Didn't you complete your oath on December 1? How were you able to get the passport in less than a week? I have also applied for passport, but they said 10 business days is standard processing standard.

I'm not travelling so there's no rush, except for my excitement making me impatient :p