+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Andremory87

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
my citizenship application got stuck after background verification on 16th Oct.
Anyone in the same boat.
I applied on Aug 26. Seems like everyone got it in this forum except me. Any suggestions?

AOR on Oct3
Don't worry, I applied Aug 7, AOR Sept 13, and just got my citizenship test invite two days ago (BG still in process).

Reactions: ntachi

Hannibal44

Oct 5, 2023
Montreal
No you can't. The specifics are different and you need 2 new ones for passport compared to the 2 for the application.

Also depending on the length of your application the photos also won't be valid any more since they need to have been taken in the last 6 months for the passport application.

So the safest bet is to get 2 new photos and have your guarantor for the passport sign one of them (or both, it honestly doesn't matter). I had a good experience with Walmart but I didn't really care how I looked on them.
They have the same specifications, just need to make sure that they are not older than 6 months.

Reactions: saad_im

LuckyAngelSweety

Aug 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi!!

Anybody who submitted their application on 30th Aug 2023? I dont see any updates after my test result was updated on 16th Nov. Is it normal ?

cayj8

Jun 23, 2020
It seems very quiet in the past couple of weeks... Feels like the IRCC staff are already on vacation mode, and not working...
Would we expect to get any updates in December, or wait until Jan?

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
It seems very quiet in the past couple of weeks... Feels like the IRCC staff are already on vacation mode, and not working...
Would we expect to get any updates in December, or wait until Jan?
It depends when you applied and what stage you are at. August and September applicants are still being scheduled for oath ceremonies. Looking at the google sheet, they have ceremonies scheduled until December 14th so far.

Reactions: desmat

mitsalex

Star Member
Jan 19, 2021
I've even seen ceremonies scheduled for end of December, so no they are working just fine. Maybe not at full capacity but still some things are happening

Reactions: desmat

hixynewu

Nov 27, 2023
Hi everyone, I am glad to receive the email from IRCC regarding the e-certificate download. The letter says if I already used the portal to apply for temporary status in the past, I can continue to use the old account. My question is, what is the difference between the IRCC Portal in the instruction letter (sign in using email and password) and the IRCC portal that can sign in using GC Key or sign-in partner? Both of them have temporary status application functions.

Here are the URLs for both portals:

I only used the second portal in the past, not the new one. Shall I register a new account following the letter's instructions?

Thanks!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi everyone, I am glad to receive the email from IRCC regarding the e-certificate download. The letter says if I already used the portal to apply for temporary status in the past, I can continue to use the old account. My question is, what is the difference between the IRCC Portal in the instruction letter (sign in using email and password) and the IRCC portal that can sign in using GC Key or sign-in partner? Both of them have temporary status application functions.

Here are the URLs for both portals:

I only used the second portal in the past, not the new one. Shall I register a new account following the letter's instructions?

Thanks!
Do you see download certificate option in the second link after login?