+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Vinami

Jul 28, 2020
Got my ceremony date today, but no email yet.
However, I will postpone for my personal reason.

Type: Online application
Office: Edmonton
Physical Presence: 1103 days
Application: Single
Sent / Delivered: 15 Aug 2023
AOR: 19 Sep 2023
Fingerprints Request: 04 Oct 2023
Fingerprints finished: 05 Oct 2023
Fingerprints received: 18 Oct 2023
Background Check: 19 Oct 2023
Test Invite Letter: 01 Oct 2023
Test Window: 10 Oct 2023 to 30 Nov 2023
Test Taken: 10 Oct 2023 (20/20)
Email to request clear ID: 25 Oct 2023
Test Completed on tracker: 14 Nov 2023
LPP: 21 Nov 2023
Oath Letter: 25 Nov 2023
Ceremony: 05 Dec 2023 (No email yet)
Hi, what do mean “(No email yet)”? Have you got scheduled but haven’t received the invitation email yet?

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
I swear I'm normally a lot more patient than this, but I was getting worried, so I gave in and called IRCC since someone on Reddit said (quote):

IF YOU ARE STUCK AT LPP COMPLETED, try and call IRCC to get an update. I called them Nov 27 to ask about what’s holding up the ceremony invite and on the same day my tracker was updated (coincidentally?).
I gave it a try, more than anything to make sure there was nothing wrong with my application. I was told everything was ok, that my application was in the processing queue and to wait until I'm past the 17-month processing time to contact my MP.

R17

Star Member
Oct 27, 2023
Anybody with Vancouver office still no LPP completed yet after about 2 weeks? I've seen some folks with similar timelines who've gotten oath date last week..
@cayj8 - What do you mean after 2 weeks? I think I'm with that office as a Sept applicant, and it has been almost a month since my test was completed and nothing since. ... Good luck to you!

Brinds15

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
Quick Question please : Can my friends and family attend the virtual oath ceremony that I would be taking oath in?
my friends are super excited about and want to join in so thought of asking

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
Hey everyone. Finally the journey comes to an end today. I was able to download my Ecertificate today.
Here's my timeline:

Online Application : August 21, 2023
AOR : September 28, 2023
Background Completed : 10 Oct, 2023
Test Invite : 18 Oct, 2023
Test Passed : 23 Oct, 2023
Test updated on tracker : 25 Oct, 2023
LPP : 6 Nov, 2023
Oath Ceremony In Progress : 9 Nov, 2023
Oath Letter : 14 Nov, 2023
Oath Ceremony : 23 Nov, 2023

I never received the 'Instructions email to download Ecertificate'. But this was not a problem. I was able to create an IRCC portal account anyway by just requesting a code. Even if you don't, they ask you during the ceremony registration if you received it, and if not, they can send it to you.

What's funny is, that after 4 business days of taking the oath, I recieve the 'instructions email', and I immediately logged in to find that my certificate was ready to download.

Thanks to everyone in this group for the support throughout the citizenship process.

Best of luck to everyone!

Last edited:

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
Quick Question please : Can my friends and family attend the virtual oath ceremony that I would be taking oath in?
my friends are super excited about and want to join in so thought of asking
Yes, they can be present in the same room, as long as they are not disruptive, and not visible on camera.

Reactions: Brinds15

endor

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Any tips for oath ceremony? what to not do? what to do?
Dress for the occasion and just follow the instruction given during the ceremony.

More info here, check the section "What happens at the ceremony"
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-ceremony.html

You don't need to know how to sing the national anthem however.

More importantly enjoy the ceremony with other participants; everyone has come long way to reach this stage.

• Love
Reactions: AUG2023

r0tzbua

Aug 3, 2023
A little weird question but super confused so if anyone can please help.
Can I use the photograph I got clicked for Citizenship Application, for new passport application? And can we have 1 guarantor sign that photograph or need to get another set of photos clicked?
No you can't. The specifics are different and you need 2 new ones for passport compared to the 2 for the application.

Also depending on the length of your application the photos also won't be valid any more since they need to have been taken in the last 6 months for the passport application.

So the safest bet is to get 2 new photos and have your guarantor for the passport sign one of them (or both, it honestly doesn't matter). I had a good experience with Walmart but I didn't really care how I looked on them.

Casablanca93

Star Member
Dec 23, 2018
Hey guys I’m still stuck at LPP it’s been over a month since my last updated and on October 27th got the last GU . I don’t know if I should be worried or not , I became PR as convention refugee etc however on my application of citizenship Are you now, or have you ever been, under a removal order (have you been asked by Canadian officials to leave Canada? I answer NO , I’m start thinking I made a mistake I should have say yes anybody who has been in the same scenario ???

[*]Oct 24, 2023
Activity status updated: Background verification
Background verification
Background verification status has been updated to Completed.
[*]

Oct 23, 2023
Fingerprint results: Received
We received your fingerprint information on October 23, 2023 and will review them shortly. Thank you!
[*]

Oct 13, 2023
Activity status updated: Citizenship test
Citizenship test
Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.
[*]

Oct 10, 2023
Scheduled for citizenship test
Citizenship test
You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between October 10, 2023 and October 31, 2023. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
[*]

Oct 3, 2023
Citizenship test
Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress.
[*]

Oct 3, 2023
Fingerprints required
Background verification
We sent you a letter or email with instructions to submit your fingerprints.
[*]

Sep 14, 2023
Application filed
We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.
[/LIST]

Carlos Hernandez

Star Member
Jun 20, 2023
Hey guys I’m still stuck at LPP it’s been over a month since my last updated and on October 27th got the last GU . I don’t know if I should be worried or not , I became PR as convention refugee etc however on my application of citizenship Are you now, or have you ever been, under a removal order (have you been asked by Canadian officials to leave Canada? I answer NO , I’m start thinking I made a mistake I should have say yes anybody who has been in the same scenario ???

[*]Oct 24, 2023
Background verification
[*]

Oct 23, 2023
We received your fingerprint information on October 23, 2023 and will review them shortly. Thank you!
[*]

Oct 13, 2023
Citizenship test
[*]

Oct 10, 2023
Citizenship test
You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between October 10, 2023 and October 31, 2023. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
[*]

Oct 3, 2023
Citizenship test
[*]

Oct 3, 2023
Fingerprints required
Background verification
[*]

Sep 14, 2023
Application filed
We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.
[/LIST]
Hello
Casablanca93
I sent my fingerprints on Aug 31, 2023. Citizenship test on Sep 18, 2023. Today, Nov 29, 2023 nothing yet. I am not sure, but only for some countries fingerprints are requested, may be it is longer than others.

Reactions: Casablanca93

Carlos Hernandez

Star Member
Jun 20, 2023

[*]Oct 24, 2023
Background verification
[*]

Oct 23, 2023
[*]

Oct 13, 2023
Citizenship test
[*]

Oct 10, 2023
Citizenship test
[*]

Oct 3, 2023
Citizenship test
[*]

Oct 3, 2023
Fingerprints required
Background verification
[*]

Sep 14, 2023
Application filed
[/LIST]
No because our removal order became null or canceled when one become convention refugee or protected person. Your application seems correct. Patience.!

Brinds15

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
No you can't. The specifics are different and you need 2 new ones for passport compared to the 2 for the application.

Also depending on the length of your application the photos also won't be valid any more since they need to have been taken in the last 6 months for the passport application.

So the safest bet is to get 2 new photos and have your guarantor for the passport sign one of them (or both, it honestly doesn't matter). I had a good experience with Walmart but I didn't really care how I looked on them.
Hey
Thanks a lot for this. Though my photographs are recent ones (clicked in August end) for Citizenship application but yes as you rightly said it makes sense to click new ones

Reactions: Andremory87