+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2023 - Citizenship Applications

sams19

Feb 11, 2020
I am in the same boat, haven't received the oath invitation letter but have been scheduled to attend ceremony on Nov 27th. Which IRCC number did you call on? I have been trying 1 888 242 2100 from IRCC's website but my call isn't connected to an agent citing the excessive call load.
I received the oath email this morning. Yes, that's the number. However agent will say that I will inform your visa office. Best way to reach out to your visa office is to use the test email which you have received. They may responded quickly.

Just FYI: I asked them for oath ceremony outside Canada due to medical grounds, they have approved too. Thank you all!

Last edited:

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
anyone here from Scarborough? I am stuck at Citizenship completed and after that no updates.
LPP is still in progress and Oath not started.
If your submission date is August and aor is September and your office is scarbourogh then don't worry because scarbourugh is slow and currently processing applications who submitted in June with aor in July..

vikram7544

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Thank you, today we saw that our application is closed because we are canadian now.
And we applied for our passport, we will pick it up in dec 5.
Praying for you and everyone to have their oath soon. In His perfect time :)
Thank you, today we saw that our application is closed because we are canadian now.
And we applied for our passport, we will pick it up in dec 5.
Praying for you and everyone to have their oath soon. In His perfect time :)
congrats… did you take service canada appointment for applying passport or just walk in?? N if walk in how long it took?

Reactions: desmat

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
If your submission date is August and aor is September and your office is scarbourogh then don't worry because scarbourugh is slow and currently processing applications who submitted in June with aor in July..
When do you think they'll start processing August applications?

Nick_1919

Jun 30, 2021
When do you think they'll start processing August applications?
Maybe January or February 2024. The best we can do is just watch how other offices are sending out invitations for oaths, certificates, etc

Nobody cares. Processing time for citizenship applications is 17 months now on the IRCC website

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Minister D

Manprad

Star Member
Nov 29, 2020
Thank you for your prompt reply. Yes , mine is Aug Application with Sept AOR. and office is Scarborough ....

Nick_1919

Jun 30, 2021
I see some folks from May 2023 thread saying that they got test invite from Scarborough, but Oath ceremony invite came from Mississauga only now in November.
It looks like Scarborough office is very slow and unorganized, they can't handle all applications on time. IRCC decides to transfer some applications to different offices to avoid huge delays and backlogs.

Sashank

Apr 12, 2016
A couple questions.
1. What’s the email address we get the instructions to download the certificate from?

2. Is there a gap between the actual LPP update and the date you see it on your status page?

lovepreq

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
Update Nov 11, 2023

Application Sent August 6
AOR- September 14
Background Completed- September 21
Citizenship Test Invite - September 27
Mississauga Office
Test Period - October 3-23
Test completed - October 13
Test updated in tracker- October 16
Language and Prohibition- October 30
Physical Present- November 9 (Updated November 11)
Oath Ceremony- Not Started
Woke up to some good news. Oath Ceremony is December 1st. Ghost update today. Awaiting email! with instructions.

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Maybe January or February 2024. The best we can do is just watch how other offices are sending out invitations for oaths, certificates, etc

Nobody cares. Processing time for citizenship applications is 9 months now on the IRCC website
Oh really they reduced to 9 months from 17 months?
Can you paste the link plz?

mos2k

Oct 19, 2018