+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2023 - Citizenship Applications

ntachi

Star Member
Feb 18, 2017
I doubt that the Scarborough office will complete the LPP for August applicants anytime soon — perhaps not until next year, maybe even January. Their work process is very inefficient and slow. While other offices can finish the job within a month, the Scarborough office seems to require at least three months. It's an unfortunate situation, and nobody can complain because IRCC doesn't seem to care. Even though it's just one office that can't review applications within the same timeframe as all the other offices.

You can check what happens during application processing. rajkamalmohanram explains everything here
  • CPC-Sydney issues an AOR after the completeness-checking the application package
  • A file is opened in GCMS (simultaneously).
  • The application is sent for background checks
    • Criminality checks are done by RCMP
    • Security checks are done by CSIS
    • GCMS checks are done by IRCC
  • CPC-Sydney might do some additional processing (?)
  • Application is forwarded to the local visa office for further processing
  • Local Visa Office (LVO) checks and verifies the authenticity of the information / documents in the application package
  • LVO sends Notice to appear for citizenship test and interview
  • LVO sends a Notice to appear for Citizenship Ceremony (Oath)
CPC-Sydney never reviews applications after background checks; they are forwarded to the Local Visa Office (LVO), which, in this case, is the Scarborough office. If they are overwhelmed with applications from the GTA, they could redirect some of the workload to Toronto (Etobicoke) office or Mississauga office. Instead, they're increasing the backlog and our disappointment, especially when you see others already invited to take an oath within 3-4 months.
That explains a lot why I've been stuck at bg check!

gargeedesai

Star Member
Oct 3, 2019
Hello everyone, I have a quick question to confirm. We don’t have to do anything until we’re done with oath ceremony? Only send the affirmation form right after the ceremony is done? I have requested for ecertificate so no need to do anything?

engineeredbygod

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Hello everyone, I have a quick question to confirm. We don’t have to do anything until we’re done with oath ceremony? Only send the affirmation form right after the ceremony is done? I have requested for ecertificate so no need to do anything?
Yes, before you sign the oath form, pre download the app in the phone called: lens (ios and android) and take a picture of the oath form and save it as pdf with the naming convention described in the oath taking ceremony email. Enjoy and have fun :)

Reactions: gargeedesai

Udi Boss

Dec 7, 2019
Im from west office.

Applied August 1 and have my ecertificate last Nov 17 after oath taking of Nov 16.
For timeline pls check my signature.

I feel like its a case to case basis.
I went through your timeline, you received the e-cert email while LPP was still in progress. Is that a thing for Vancouver office? I'm still stuck at LPP

ashok2ravi

Jan 30, 2021
Type: Online
Physical Presence Days: 1150
Application: family (4)
Application submitted date: 30 August
AOR: - 12 Oct
VO Office: SCR
Test Invite: Nov 3 - 23
Test Taken - Nov 19, (19/20) - Just now

It showed my results as 19/20 on the screen, and I just closed the browser after that. Haven't received any email on test completion. Did I miss any other steps after it showed my test results?

thepharmaguy

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Received my oath letter (with instructions) on Nov 17th...All 3 of us (I, my wife and my 8 year old son) received separate invites for same timeslot with same zoom link details but different seat numbers.

I have couple of questions..it would be great if someone who recently had an online oath ceremony can help.
  • I am assuming that my son can skip the whole ceremony and I can sign his oath form on his behalf post oath ceremony. Please confirm
  • Can all family members join together the zoom session on one device. If yes; what seat number should we enter?

engineeredbygod

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
I went through your timeline, you received the e-cert email while LPP was still in progress. Is that a thing for Vancouver office? I'm still stuck at LPP
LPP is completed.
The only thing left which is in progress is my oath taking ceremony. But we had it already last nov 16 and nov 17 the certificate was downloaded electronically.

engineeredbygod

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Received my oath letter (with instructions) on Nov 17th...All 3 of us (I, my wife and my 8 year old son) received separate invites for same timeslot with same zoom link details but different seat numbers.

I have couple of questions..it would be great if someone who recently had an online oath ceremony can help.
  • I am assuming that my son can skip the whole ceremony and I can sign his oath form on his behalf post oath ceremony. Please confirm
  • Can all family members join together the zoom session on one device. If yes; what seat number should we enter?
I can answer for item 2.

In the email instruction there is an instruction there that says that the family can use same device provided that they will put on their name the seat no of other family before logging in zoom. ie 001/002/003

Reactions: thepharmaguy

engineeredbygod

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Type: Online
Physical Presence Days: 1150
Application: family (4)
Application submitted date: 30 August
AOR: - 12 Oct
VO Office: SCR
Test Invite: Nov 3 - 23
Test Taken - Nov 19, (19/20) - Just now

It showed my results as 19/20 on the screen, and I just closed the browser after that. Haven't received any email on test completion. Did I miss any other steps after it showed my test results?
Congrats! I think you are fine. just wait for 2-3 days probably it will reflect the status as completed. I am speaking from west office experience.

Reactions: ashok2ravi

thepharmaguy

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
I can answer for item 2.

In the email instruction there is an instruction there that says that the family can use same device provided that they will put on their name the seat no of other family before logging in zoom. ie 001/002/003
Thank you for your prompt response but somehow I don't see that specific instruction in the document. The document only says "Appear on the same device as your family members, if applicable and possible."...I see your application has 2 Adults...Did both of you join the same zoom meeting and entered both your seat numbers before joining?

cayj8

Jun 23, 2020
Does anybody know Vancouver office's email address? Thank you!
It seems that the email of test invite, and the one requesting for fingerprints are 2 differnet email addresses. Do they all reach Vancouver office?