City- Toronto
Aor-Sep 18 2023
Background verification- Oct05 2023
Citizenship test notification- October 11 2023
Citizenship test online- nov-06 2023
Citizen test update- November 10 2023
Language, prohibitions, physical presence completed- November- 15 2023
Citizenship ceremony- waiting
Nice bro, do you know if it's the Scarborough office?

Mr.A

Nov 17, 2023
You can know you office based on the test email address. You're very lucky because usually Scarborough is very very slow
Thanks for letting me know. It’s actually Mississauga not Scarborough office. I just checked the email address

msaint24

Jul 13, 2023
@msaint24 - So, it looks like about 1.5/2 weeks pending on how you count days to receive paper certificate? Perhaps you might not be able to tell with your information, but do you know if it went to home or mailing address on file. Thanks and congrats!!!!
Since i did the oath online. I was checking my mail box everyday lol. It went to my mailing address it says on the envelop my box number and name thats it. Thank you

Reactions: R17

Nick_1919

Jun 30, 2021
I doubt that the Scarborough office will complete the LPP for August applicants anytime soon — perhaps not until next year, maybe even January. Their work process is very inefficient and slow. While other offices can finish the job within a month, the Scarborough office seems to require at least three months. It's an unfortunate situation, and nobody can complain because IRCC doesn't seem to care. Even though it's just one office that can't review applications within the same timeframe as all the other offices.

You can check what happens during application processing. rajkamalmohanram explains everything here
  • CPC-Sydney issues an AOR after the completeness-checking the application package
  • A file is opened in GCMS (simultaneously).
  • The application is sent for background checks
    • Criminality checks are done by RCMP
    • Security checks are done by CSIS
    • GCMS checks are done by IRCC
  • CPC-Sydney might do some additional processing (?)
  • Application is forwarded to the local visa office for further processing
  • Local Visa Office (LVO) checks and verifies the authenticity of the information / documents in the application package
  • LVO sends Notice to appear for citizenship test and interview
  • LVO sends a Notice to appear for Citizenship Ceremony (Oath)
CPC-Sydney never reviews applications after background checks; they are forwarded to the Local Visa Office (LVO), which, in this case, is the Scarborough office. If they are overwhelmed with applications from the GTA, they could redirect some of the workload to Toronto (Etobicoke) office or Mississauga office. Instead, they're increasing the backlog and our disappointment, especially when you see others already invited to take an oath within 3-4 months.

Reactions: ntachi

Nick_1919

Jun 30, 2021
Can we complain to our local Member of Parliament? Or will they refer to the 17-month processing time?
Obviously, it isn't fair when some applicants need to wait 2-3 times longer through no fault of their own

oakvillain

Nov 18, 2023
I doubt that the Scarborough office will complete the LPP for August applicants anytime soon — perhaps not until next year, maybe even January. Their work process is very inefficient and slow. While other offices can finish the job within a month, the Scarborough office seems to require at least three months. It's an unfortunate situation, and nobody can complain because IRCC doesn't seem to care. Even though it's just one office that can't review applications within the same timeframe as all the other offices.

You can check what happens during application processing. rajkamalmohanram explains everything here
  • CPC-Sydney issues an AOR after the completeness-checking the application package
  • A file is opened in GCMS (simultaneously).
  • The application is sent for background checks
    • Criminality checks are done by RCMP
    • Security checks are done by CSIS
    • GCMS checks are done by IRCC
  • CPC-Sydney might do some additional processing (?)
  • Application is forwarded to the local visa office for further processing
  • Local Visa Office (LVO) checks and verifies the authenticity of the information / documents in the application package
  • LVO sends Notice to appear for citizenship test and interview
  • LVO sends a Notice to appear for Citizenship Ceremony (Oath)
CPC-Sydney never reviews applications after background checks; they are forwarded to the Local Visa Office (LVO), which, in this case, is the Scarborough office. If they are overwhelmed with applications from the GTA, they could redirect some of the workload to Toronto (Etobicoke) office or Mississauga office. Instead, they're increasing the backlog and our disappointment, especially when you see others already invited to take an oath within 3-4 months.
How do you all know which office is processing your application? My AOR is from Sydney and there's no mention of processing office in test invite letter.

Jd10083

Mar 8, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
How do you all know which office is processing your application? My AOR is from Sydney and there's no mention of processing office in test invite letter.
You can tell from the email address the test invite came from. Mine is Mississauga as it came from "DN MIS Citizenship E-Test / Examen en ligne Citoyenneté MIS RN (IRCC)"

Anyone know if Mississauga is considered a slow office or just Scarborough?

Udi Boss

Dec 7, 2019
Did the invite come from West email?

Physical Presence Days: 1651.5

Application: Single

Application sent: August 15,2023

Delivered: August 15,2023

AOR: September 21, 2023

I got tracker access today 23-09-2023.

Language skills - In progress

Physical presence - In progress

Citizenship test - Not started

Background verification - In progress

Prohibitions - In progress

Citizenship ceremony - Not started

Citizenship Test Invitation today, 27-09-2023
Tracker not updated still same...

Radek

Mar 28, 2022
Type-online {Family}
Submission date- Aug 15 2023
City- Cambridge (Office is Niagara)
Aor-Sep 20 2023
Background verification- Oct 12 2023
Citizenship test notification- October 27 2023
Citizenship test online- November 12 2023(me) November 13 2023 (Spouse)
Citizen test update- November 17 2023 (spouse only)
Language, prohibitions, physical presence completed- November- 18 2023 (both)
Citizenship ceremony- waiting