+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2023 - Citizenship Applications

joaliriano

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
Good Morning everyone,
Is it slow those days or something? we did our exam on Nov 3, tracker updated to exam complete nov 6. and crickets since then, my wife still doesn't have background completed, anyone in the same boat? what is timeframe for LPP to be updated thank you :)
Me and my husband took the test on Oct 18th, showed completed two days after but nothing has happened since then...my husbands background still in process.

Reactions: D_Grendayzer

AusJembecomesCA

Apr 30, 2018
Aus
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SYD, AUS
App. Filed.......
29/01/2018
Doc's Request.
17/03/2018
AOR Received.
16/03/2018
Med's Request
19/03/2018
Med's Done....
06/04/2018
Passport Req..
06/06/2018
Good luck all - super thankful for this forum.

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1464
Application: Single
Application sent: August 8, 2023
Delivered: August 15, 2023
AOR: September 14, 2023
Biometrics requested: October 4, 2023 (submitted Oct 5th)
Test Invitation: October 5, 2023 (window Oct 10-30, online)
Test passed: October 16
Test marked complete: October 27
Fingerprints marked received: Nov 2 (updated Nov 7)
Background marked complete: Nov 3 (updated Nov 7)
LPP complete: Nov 8
Citizenship Oath in Progress/Scheduled: Nov 10/14
Oath Date - Nov 23rd Virtual.

endor

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Woke up to oath in progress on tracker. Oath is scheduled on December 6th.
I have couple of questions.
I have a vacation planned to the US, we were going to fly on 6th and come back on 13th December. Which I can change and fly on 7th December instead.
We are going to cross land border and Fly from the US domestically to our destination.
Do they make you destroy PR card when taking the oath ceremony?
If so, Can I travel on my Indian passport and cross the border back using citizenship certificate?
We will be using land border to cross back as well and not sure if not having Canadian passport will cause any issues at the border.
1. Just repeating what another person has said about PR card; yes you will cut it up on the day of the ceremony.
2. Yes you can enter the US with your Indian passport; however you won't be able to re-enter Canada because you don't have a PR card nor a Canadian passport.
Once you take the oath you are officially a Canadian citizen and must enter Canada with a Canadian passport onward.
It doesn't matter if you have dual citizenship and hold another passport.

Remember that the citizenship certificate is not a travel document.

You have two choices:
1. Ask IRCC to reschedule the oath ceremony - this obviously prolongs your citizenship application, and no one knows how long more it will take.
2. Cancel / reschedule your planned vacation

It's up to you to decide what's more important. :)

Last edited:

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
Woke up to oath in progress on tracker. Oath is scheduled on December 6th.
I have couple of questions.
I have a vacation planned to the US, we were going to fly on 6th and come back on 13th December. Which I can change and fly on 7th December instead.
We are going to cross land border and Fly from the US domestically to our destination.
Do they make you destroy PR card when taking the oath ceremony?
If so, Can I travel on my Indian passport and cross the border back using citizenship certificate?
We will be using land border to cross back as well and not sure if not having Canadian passport will cause any issues at the border.
I’ve seen cases where people have entered Canada by land using their COPR. You may explore this option if it works for you.

Reactions: Dixit patel

thepharmaguy

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
I also received the email for downloading the citizenship certificate, still waiting on email regarding the ceremony...quick question;..I also received and email regarding the citizenship certificate download for my son...I gave same email for my and my son's application....will I be able to download both e-certificates (i.e for myself and my son) from the same account (created with my email) after oath?

emsohopeful

Apr 19, 2021
congrats!

may i ask what did you put in passport form , this section:

"Parent's surname at the birth"

is this mother maiden name ? or dad family name ?
Congrats on the progress! Mine is still in progress towards completion. I think based on the context of the question it's asking for your father's and mother's family name at birth.. Let us know how it goes!