+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2023 - Citizenship Applications

r0tzbua

Aug 3, 2023
Congrats on the progress. Any reason why you think it could be cancelled the last minute?
Well people have been getting administrative error invites again the past week that were cancelled the day before, so I won't get my hopes up too much until it is done.

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
Well people have been getting administrative error invites again the past week that were cancelled the day before, so I won't get my hopes up too much until it is done.
I see. It seems there is only 1 recent case where it happened? In that case it seems it was scheduled too short notice that they didn’t manage to send out the notice to appear.

Did you receive the instructions on how to enter the zoom call, like the password and the link?

r0tzbua

Aug 3, 2023
I see. It seems there is only 1 recent case where it happened? In that case it seems it was scheduled too short notice that they didn’t manage to send out the notice to appear.

Did you receive the instructions on how to enter the zoom call, like the password and the link?
There were some on reddit too, yeah I got the full invite.

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
There were some on reddit too, yeah I got the full invite.
I've heard there are 2 different emails. 1 is an E-Certificate download instructions email. And the other is the actual oath ceremony invite letter.

Is there anyone who has received the oath invite letter but is still waiting for the certificate download instructions email?

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
I have been scheduled for the oath on the tracker. I also received an email with the oath invite letter. But I havn't received the instructions email that most people actually receive before they are even scheduled for the oath.

Reactions: lovepreq

r0tzbua

Aug 3, 2023
I've heard there are 2 different emails. 1 is an E-Certificate download instructions email. And the other is the actual oath ceremony invite letter.

Is there anyone who has received the oath invite letter but is still waiting for the certificate download instructions email?
I didn't get the e-cert instructions but to be fair I opted for the paper certificate when applying

R17

Star Member
Oct 27, 2023
I didn't get the e-cert instructions but to be fair I opted for the paper certificate when applying
@r0tzbua Please update us if you are able to pick during the oath ceremony itself. I called them yesterday to ask if/how to proactively change my selection from paper to e-cert and the agent said I'd get a notice before when I get information about the oath or I could change it during oath itself but they did not seem super confident in that answer.

Dixit patel

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
Woke up to oath in progress on tracker. Oath is scheduled on December 6th.
I have couple of questions.
I have a vacation planned to the US, we were going to fly on 6th and come back on 13th December. Which I can change and fly on 7th December instead.
We are going to cross land border and Fly from the US domestically to our destination.
Do they make you destroy PR card when taking the oath ceremony?
If so, Can I travel on my Indian passport and cross the border back using citizenship certificate?
We will be using land border to cross back as well and not sure if not having Canadian passport will cause any issues at the border.

Reactions: B.T and Mimi6583

Trinizoey

Star Member
Dec 17, 2019
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-05-2019
AOR Received.
15-05-2019
Passport Req..
30-01-2020
Mississauga VO
Single Application
Application submitted: Aug 23
AOR: Oct 3
BGV completed: Oct 18
Citizenship test invitation: Oct 30 to Nov 19
Test completed: Nov 12
Test updated complete in online portal: Nov 14
LPP completed: Nov 14
Oath invitation: Pending

Last edited:

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Woke up to oath in progress on tracker. Oath is scheduled on December 6th.
I have couple of questions.
I have a vacation planned to the US, we were going to fly on 6th and come back on 13th December. Which I can change and fly on 7th December instead.
We are going to cross land border and Fly from the US domestically to our destination.
Do they make you destroy PR card when taking the oath ceremony?
If so, Can I travel on my Indian passport and cross the border back using citizenship certificate?
We will be using land border to cross back as well and not sure if not having Canadian passport will cause any issues at the border.
Destroy PR card - Yes
Please note it takes time to get your citizenship certificate.