+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2023 - Citizenship Applications

IT_VE_CA

Aug 8, 2020
Updates – Does anyone have a similar timeline to mine?
I guess the next step would just be waiting for LPP to be completed.

Type: Online application
Application: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1,171
Application sent: August 24, 2023
AOR: October 10
Able to create tracker: October 12
GU #1: October 18
Background verification completed: October 18 (Tracker updated on Oct 20)
Scheduled for test: October 27
Test invite email received: October 27
Time window: October 30 – November 19
Test taken: October 31 night
Test completed: November 1 (Tracker updated on Nov 3)
LPP: In progress
Ceremony: Not started
We sent the application on the same day and im in markham but my office is scarborough

Help2

Nov 16, 2020
Another possible GU - 3 new updates but only test changed to completed Oct 30th and everything else is still in progress and oath not started. Should I expect abt updates from all of these GUs or were these all regarding the test being completed?
Just got fingerprint request email. I feel like this prolongs the application :/ . My test came from mississauga office but the FP request came from Vancouver?! I’m confused , is this normal ?

emsohopeful

Apr 19, 2021
Update for my progress here..

Citizenship: Office MIS
AOR: 2023-09-22
Able to create tracker: 2023-09-26
LLP: waiting
Test invite: 2023-10-26 test window 10-30 to 11-19
Test taken: 2023-10-31
Test complete: 2023-10-31
Background check: 2023-10-16
Oath: Waiting
Passport: Waiting

Sywaseem

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
Just got fingerprint request email. I feel like this prolongs the application :/ . My test came from mississauga office but the FP request came from Vancouver?! I’m confused , is this normal ?
Fingerprints are usually centralized in Vancouver. My file is in Scarborough and got the FP from Vanc.

Lyalya

Nov 11, 2014
Update for my progress here..

Citizenship: Office MIS
AOR: 2023-09-22
Able to create tracker: 2023-09-26
LLP: waiting
Test invite: 2023-10-26 test window 10-30 to 11-19
Test taken: 2023-10-31
Test complete: 2023-10-31
Background check: 2023-10-16
Oath: Waiting
Passport: Waiting
Hi do you see the passport in your tracker?
I don't see in mine any info about passport. Always thought I'll need to apply separately for it

Mo_mad

Sep 5, 2023
Hey Can someone help/guide me? I have got a fingerprint request and I have booked an appointment for the same.

The fingerprint request letter states :

IMPORTANT: For the fingerprint result to be sent to our office (IRCC), you must authorize IRCC to receive said documents. Clearly state to the fingerprinting agency that all original fingerprint results must be sent to the following address: IRCC Vancouver 200 – 877 Expo Blvd. Vancouver, BC V6B 8P8 IMPORTANT – Please advise the RCMP or fingerprinting agency that the “Contributor Individual Reference Number” is required. This is your Citizenship application number (beginning with “C”). Your application for Canadian Citizenship remains at your local office for processing.

I am not sure about this. I thought the fingerprinting was digital. What do I have to do exactly here?

Thanks in advance.

Zay11

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
Hey Can someone help/guide me? I have got a fingerprint request and I have booked an appointment for the same.

The fingerprint request letter states :

IMPORTANT: For the fingerprint result to be sent to our office (IRCC), you must authorize IRCC to receive said documents. Clearly state to the fingerprinting agency that all original fingerprint results must be sent to the following address: IRCC Vancouver 200 – 877 Expo Blvd. Vancouver, BC V6B 8P8 IMPORTANT – Please advise the RCMP or fingerprinting agency that the “Contributor Individual Reference Number” is required. This is your Citizenship application number (beginning with “C”). Your application for Canadian Citizenship remains at your local office for processing.

I am not sure about this. I thought the fingerprinting was digital. What do I have to do exactly here?

Thanks in advance.
I am sharing my experience with Canadian Fingerprinting Services Inc.
I called them in the morning for the appointment , got the appointment on same day.U need to carry print out of the letter which Ircc has sent (the letter has all the details about ur application number and all). Also u need to bring ur ID proof.

Submit these above documents and they will fill all the details in the system.
They will show the details in their system to get a confirmation from ur end about ur details like name , application number etc and I did mention that RCMP needs to send it to Vancouver. The agency person told me that’s what they have filled in the system and asked me to verify.

They will take ur finger print and will send you 2 emails. One email is receipt and other email is details about DCN# and RCMP email id etc where you can follow up if you need update.

also there is one thing they asked me to acknowledge that you are fine , RCMP will be sending the report on ur behalf. I said ok. I think that’s what i can recall.

That’s it. Pay the amount and good to go.

Brobot

Feb 12, 2021
Update:

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1155
Application: Single
Application sent: August 1, 2023
Delivered: August 1, 2023
AOR: September 6, 2023
BG complete: September 21
Citizenship test invite: October 3
Citizenship test passed: October 20
LPP complete: November 1
Citizenship ceremony: Not started

pradeepadm2017

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
03-08-2020
Oath ceremony status updated to 'in progress'. Oath is scheduled for Nov 14th. I have not received official email invitation though.

Office: Vancouver
AOR: Sep 13
Background verification complete: Oct 6th
Test invite: Oct 10
Test Window: Oct 16 to Nov 05
Test taken: Oct 16
Test Status updated: Oct 24
LPP updated: Oct 27
Citizenship Oath update in the portal: Nov 02
Oath Date: Nov 14

Last edited: