+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2023 - Citizenship Applications

zohaib52

Apr 7, 2014
Hi,

I've got a question. My application includes me and my 4.5-year-old son. We're scheduled for a virtual ceremony on November 9, 2023, but here's the catch: we're currently overseas.

Now, we've received two separate emails, each with its own seat number - one for me and one for my son. My confusion is this: can I, as a parent, travel to Canada and represent both of us during the ceremony, or does my little one also need to make the journey to Canada and appear on the video ceremony?

I'd really appreciate it if someone could clear this up for me. Thanks a bunch!

iamalazyperson

Star Member
May 21, 2019
Citizenship application timeline
Application Sent- Aug 9, 2023
AOR - Spet 14, 2023
Fingerprint Request Letter - Oct 11, 2023
Fingerprint Completed - Oct 14, 2023
Test Completed- Oct 28, 2023
Background Check Completed- Oct 30, 2023
LPP- In Prgoress
Ceremony- Not started

r0tzbua

Aug 3, 2023
Haven't updated here in a while:

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1098
Application: Single
Application sent: Aug 3, 2023
Delivered: Aug 3, 2023
AOR: Sep 12, 2023
Background Verification Completed: Sep 27, 2023
Citizenship Test In Progress: Oct 3, 2023
Citizenship Test Taken: Oct 10, 2023
Citizenship Test Completed: Oct 18, 2023
LPP Completed: Oct 30, 2023
Ceremony: Not Started

Reactions: SoHunny

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi,

I've got a question. My application includes me and my 4.5-year-old son. We're scheduled for a virtual ceremony on November 9, 2023, but here's the catch: we're currently overseas.

Now, we've received two separate emails, each with its own seat number - one for me and one for my son. My confusion is this: can I, as a parent, travel to Canada and represent both of us during the ceremony, or does my little one also need to make the journey to Canada and appear on the video ceremony?

Kids can skip ceremony. You can represent both.

Reactions: zohaib52

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
Everything (exception Citizenship Ceremony) was updated as "Completed" for myself and my wife today but for my kid only Prohibitions is marked as complete and everything else is in progress...any idea by when we should expect his Language, Physical presence, background, citizenship test to be completed...can I expect to receive oath invite soon :) ?
Those are all that’s updated on a minor’s profile. Rest of the stages don’t apply to them.
You would just wait for the oath invite now.

Reactions: thepharmaguy

rnanndrews

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Hi,

There are 2 questions here.
Should kid attend the ceremony: Not needed.
Should kid travel to Canada ?- This is the tricky part. As per my understanding, as part of citizenship ceremony, you will cut off your PR card, i guess you should be doing for your kid's PR card as well. You need to apply for Canadian passport to enter the country.

I will suggest to check in the previous month forum (who already attended the ceremony) to know the answer

007possiblemission

Sep 10, 2023
I already told you before that I had the same issue... My husband changed to green, and ten days after, they requested my fingerprints.
The same happened when I applied to get permanent residence.
The way they check the background is through your name/last name. If someone with your exact same name committed a crime, they need your fingerprints to discard it's not you. It seems that someone with my name did commit a crime, LOL.
Thanks.
Did you get the invitation for the test?
For me, it's almost 3 weeks from the time my wife's background turned green!

zohaib52

Apr 7, 2014
There are 2 questions here.
Should kid attend the ceremony: Not needed.
Should kid travel to Canada ?- This is the tricky part. As per my understanding, as part of citizenship ceremony, you will cut off your PR card, i guess you should be doing for your kid's PR card as well. You need to apply for Canadian passport to enter the country.

I will suggest to check in the previous month forum (who already attended the ceremony) to know the answer
Thanks. Will do that

pseetha

Jan 1, 2018
I'm aware that in getting GU, the date changes. Again 2-3 days later, when we see the change, do we see the date again updated? Or that's a new GU?

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
My last real update was on the 17th, which showed test completed. LPP in progress ever since.

I have a pretty straightforward application, so I'm expecting to pass LPP sometime in November and then have the ceremony either in December or January.

Reactions: Mimi6583

joaliriano

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
Is it normal to have citizenship test completed on tracker but background check is still in progress along with LPP ?
My test was completed on the 19th, no updates since then. My LPP still in progress, I did have a GU on the 27th but I dont think that meant anything. My processing office is Sydney, they were working so fast at the begininig, but it looks like they've slowed down :/