+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2023 - Citizenship Applications

SoHunny

Apr 25, 2019
Hi Everyone, Thanks for your support as always,

We have submitted our immigration file as a family, In the tracker it shows I have passed background checks and have been invited to the exam, but not my wife, is this normal? Also should we be expecting an mail or email invitation for the exam? I did not receive any thank you
Yes, it is normal for the different timelines. You will get an email. May take a day or two.

Last edited:
Reactions: D_Grendayzer

iamalazyperson

Star Member
May 21, 2019
Citizenship application timeline
Application Sent- Aug 9, 2023
AOR - Spet 14, 2023
Fingerprint Request Letter - Oct 11, 2023
Fingerprint Completed - Oct 14, 2023
Test Completed- Oct 28, 2023

Scarborough Office, I think I may need to wait a while before Oath invitation

Reactions: SoHunny

sentinel1207

Dec 21, 2015
Hey guys, West office, LPP passed Oct 20th, received e-certificate download instructions today Oct 28th. Does that mean I’ll get oath ceremony schedule on Monday Oct 30th? I have to travel outside Canada on November 9th and don’t know what to do as I don’t think there will be enough time to get my Canadian passport

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hey guys, West office, LPP passed Oct 20th, received e-certificate download instructions today Oct 28th. Does that mean I’ll get oath ceremony schedule on Monday Oct 30th? I have to travel outside Canada on November 9th and don’t know what to do as I don’t think there will be enough time to get my Canadian passport
Not specifically Mon but anytime during the next week or the week after that.

sentinel1207

Dec 21, 2015
Not specifically Mon but anytime during the next week or the week after that.
Thank you, in that case can I reschedule once they send me the invite? I’m going to go see my parents after years of not seeing them and the air tickets are non refundable. I think that’s a valid reason

SoHunny

Apr 25, 2019
Thank you, in that case can I reschedule once they send me the invite? I’m going to go see my parents after years of not seeing them and the air tickets are non refundable. I think that’s a valid reason
Depends how long you are going for. The oath will likely be scheduled 1-3 weeks after you receive the formal invite letter.

Last edited:

cayj8

Jun 23, 2020
For fingerprints fees, we only need to pay whatever charged by the RCMP-authorized agency, correct? Any other fees we need to pay IRCC separately? Thanks!!

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
For fingerprints fees, we only need to pay whatever charged by the RCMP-authorized agency, correct? Any other fees we need to pay IRCC separately? Thanks!!
if you are requested fingerprints, yes you only pay to the fingerprinting agency. The application fee, $630, is paid to IRCC.

Reactions: cayj8