+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2023 - Citizenship Applications

IT_VE_CA

Aug 8, 2020
For all those who got ghost updates, congrats! A little win for us! What if we have the same officer looking thru our files.
I guess trick or treating came early to our files!
I hope we have some treats after a long wait :)
I dont understand how IRCC works. Isn't 8 am too early to be checking the files? Or they updated it yesterday and the tracker gets updated automatically in the mornings?

engineeredbygod

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Hello Folks

A bit of history here.

1st Round:

Type: Online
Family: Spouse and minor child
Date of Submission: Aug 14 2023
Returned on: Sep 19, 2023

Reason: Minor child ID documents were not in order. (ID1: PR card, ID2: Passport ) They had asked us to re-order and submit.

2nd Round:
Date of Submission: Sep 19 2023
Returned on: Oct 26, 2023

Reason: So damn confusing. Its below

>>>>>>>>>>>
Travel doc or passport
You uploaded a document(s) with another person’s private information.
To fix this issue

• upload a document (such as a text file) to explain why you included this person’s information, or
  • if possible, re-upload a new file without another person’s private information

1. >>>>>>>>>>>>
    This is from the Travel documents or passports section.

1. I have uploaded only the front ( Name, photo...) and back pages ( Parents details, Address ... )
  2. I have triple checked and even the online portal says I uploaded the correct passport to my spouse and child. ( Filename, view the document in the portal )
  3. Myself and my minor have only one unexpired passport and we uploaded only that document respectively. DId not mix multiple docs in one pdf.

What is this all about? What am I missing?

I called IRCC and they are asking to raise webform and submit the same document with explanation letter. I am lost. Any thoughts please?
when you create an online file it should be individual file upload for each person.
In your passport file when uploading did you group and scan the files all together in one file? including other person’s passport?

engineeredbygod

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
There seems to be a trend of people having their tests updated to "complete" in their tracker a few days after they take it...
My tracker still shows "waiting on you" for both Test and Fingerprints - I submitted my prints to RCMP 21 days ago. I took the test 10 days ago.
Anyone in the same boat?
I know Vancouver office seems to be a bit slower than others...
My test was completed after 2-3 days of taking exam. Yes ever since oct 6 updates to complete testing and finger prints submitted in rcmp last oct 5. My file was dormant state.
Today Oct 27 got a ghost update. I live in BC and i am assuming my file is also in vancouver office.

prakhyyy

Star Member
Feb 25, 2022
Toronto
Category........
Other
Type: Online application
App Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1135
Application sent: Aug 20, 2023
AOR: Sept 22, 2023
ECAS Linked: Oct 11, 2023
BG Complete: Oct 13, 2023
Test invite: Oct 17, 2023
Dates : Oct 20 - Nov 06

Update :

Test date : Oct 24
Test Complete : Oct 27

Livra

Star Member
Dec 28, 2016
I've got a GU this morning as well. I don't mean to be pessimistic but given that everyone's got it, it seems to be just a system update or something.

I took the test almost a month ago and had no updates since then. My husband applied 1 day after I did and he took the oath a couple of days ago, and even his process' got a GU today :( it doesn't really seem to be any progress, just a system thing...

lovepreq

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
I've got a GU this morning as well. I don't mean to be pessimistic but given that everyone's got it, it seems to be just a system update or something.

I took the test almost a month ago and had no updates since then. My husband applied 1 day after I did and he took the oath a couple of days ago, and even his process' got a GU today :( it doesn't really seem to be any progress, just a system thing...
Got a ghost update today morning, but still waiting for the oath invite.
Same situation today. GU this morning. Maybe it is something working behind the scene. Hoping for good news.

But nothing changes with the GU. Lets wait and see.

Reactions: SoHunny

Help2

Nov 16, 2020
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1110
Application: Single
Application sent: August 27th, 2023
Delivered: August 27th, 2023
AOR: Oct 6 , 2023.
GU : Oct 18th and Oct 20th - No updates so far :/
Update - Citizenship test invite by email and updated on tracker as well. Window Oct 30- Nov 19th
Everything else is in progress except for Oath - not started.

I called IRCC this morning and the only update they gave me is that I passed security and criminality in progress

Reactions: endor