+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Zay11

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
Hi, I have recently received fingerprint request. so can we do it through RCMP directly or it has to be from RCMP third party
company.
If we can do it directly can someone share experience where in GTA we can do it and what is the process? can we do it directly
or any appointment required.

Also if we go to the third party then they will send finger print scan to RCMP and then RCMP will send it to IRCC as per my understanding. ( RCMP should not be sending the paper to me as if i recall during my PR I got my finger print report to home address and then I uploaded using webform, but here I think it should go directly to the processing office, please correct me )
but we have total of 30 days for fingerprint to complete, so there is delay in their side how it's going to be handled.
Please share any quick process for this to help here.

Manprad

Star Member
Nov 29, 2020
Citizenship Test given today 18/20 unofficial score. I forgot to close email tab but the test went well without any issues. I hope to see it get updated soon.

Reactions: Vinami and amosi

amosi

Jan 3, 2018
Citizenship Test given today 18/20 unofficial score. I forgot to close email tab but the test went well without any issues. I hope to see it get updated soon.
congrats

may i ask how hard was it ? Was there too many name and dates ?

a bit stressed out here

Ali_97

Aug 5, 2023
Hi, I have recently received fingerprint request. so can we do it through RCMP directly or it has to be from RCMP third party
company.
If we can do it directly can someone share experience where in GTA we can do it and what is the process? can we do it directly
or any appointment required.

Also if we go to the third party then they will send finger print scan to RCMP and then RCMP will send it to IRCC as per my understanding. ( RCMP should not be sending the paper to me as if i recall during my PR I got my finger print report to home address and then I uploaded using webform, but here I think it should go directly to the processing office, please correct me )
but we have total of 30 days for fingerprint to complete, so there is delay in their side how it's going to be handled.
Please share any quick process for this to help here.

Your choice, if you want to submit biometrics to RCMP detachment or 3rd party agency... list of third party agencies & their address on : https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/private-fingerprinting-companies-accredited-by-the-RCMP

RCMP's processing time of biometrics : https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/processing-times-and-fees

RCMP charges $71 for biometrics while third parties charges would be $ 8-10 extra ( can vary by agency )

Results of biometrics for citizenship are only sent to IRCC by RCMP or by RCMP's accredited agency ( 3rd party )
RCMP would send the results to IRCC by regular mail ( Canada Post ) In case of delay, IRCC will reach out to you that they are still waiting for your biometrics.....

In case of delay, IRCC may extend the deadline for biometrics ( but you must reach out to them via webform along with proof ( e.g. receipt for biometrics fee or proof of your biometrics submission )

Reactions: Zay11

moonlight86

Oct 17, 2017
Hi all, could you please share your experience of the test if you have taken it? How did you practice? Its a lot of info and details in the study guide, appreciate your help :)

Smshukh

Star Member
Sep 20, 2023
Application submitted : 2 aug
Aor : 7 sept
BG check : 26th sept
Test invite : 30 th september for 6-26oct
Test given today 9 th october . Unofficial result passed with 17/20.

What will be the next steps? Any updates who gave tests earlier?

Reactions: Vinami

IT_VE_CA

Aug 8, 2020

Physical Presence Days: 1095

Application: Single

Application sent: August 24, 2023

Delivered: August 24, 2023

AOR: September 27, 2023

I got tracker access sep 29 2023

Application filled Sept 27 2023

GU: October 6 2023. No email. Just updated In portal

Background verification - completed Oct 6th updated on the 10oct2023 at 5 am.

Language skills - In progress

Physical presence - In progress

Citizenship test - Not started

Prohibitions - In progress

Citizenship ceremony - Not Started