Application: Family (3)
Application sent: 12 Aug 2023
Delivered: 12 Aug 2023
AOR: 18 Sep 2023

Reactions: sidroy09

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
So, with the AOR am I supposed to do anything? Should I start studying for the test? Is there any way for me to track my application or should I just wait for them to email me?

shayusuf247

Nov 10, 2019
Hello,
Mine is same, I received AOR email on Sep 14 but online account still says we will send you AOR fro when I initially submitted application.
Also, have you checked with lawyer if it is OK to move to US while Canada citizenship application being processed? Are they going to require you to come back to give you certification ?Appreciate sharing your experince, I want to temp. move out of Canada too but I am afraid my application would take too long or be rejected...
yes, its okay to go out of Canada - refer - https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=911&top=5

Mimi6583

Sep 14, 2023
Hi everyone, I have a question regarding name change. I have not been able to get an answer yet.

I became a PR as a single lady and got married afterwards. I have not changed my last name on my PR card but my driver’s license is in new name.

While submitting my citizenship application, the system asked for my name as stated on my PR card and also if I have changed names since becoming PR.

When I entered my maiden name, the applicant name automatically changed to my maiden name. I attached my marriage certificate, drivers licence and a letter of explanation.

My question is…..does anyone know if my application AND citizenship certificate will be issued in my maiden name or the new one?
Does anyone happen to have an answer or know someone with similar experience? I tried calling IRCC today but no luck. My AOR letter came in my maiden name and I thought the application would come in my new legal name.

I don’t want to bombard them with webforms yet, if I know that they will update it when they begin processing.

Canada429

Star Member
Jun 1, 2021
Submitted August 1. Still waiting. Getting concerned now since the online status is saying they are reviewing applications from the week of August 8.
I submitted online for minor on Aug 2 and i am still waiting for AOR...i am worried now.