+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Mar 8, 2021

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Thanks. I looked at this page earlier. Just a clarification. Can I use my Indian passport to meet this requirement
2. Gather all necessary documents and get your passport photos
any valid Canadian passport or other travel document (refugee travel document or certificate of identity) issued to you
Types of ID you can use
You can use any of the following types of ID alone or in combination to meet the above requirements:

Canadian passport
driver’s licence issued by a province or territory, or the equivalent abroad
health card issued by a province or territory, or the equivalent abroad
Certificate of Indian Status
military ID
foreign passport
non-driver’s licence issued by a province or territory, or the equivalent abroad
ID card issued by the federal government, or a provincial or territorial government, or the equivalent abroad
employee identification issued by the federal government, or a provincial or territorial government, or the equivalent abroad

Foreign passport is allowed. Also you can use your Canadian or USA driving license.

moonlight86

Oct 17, 2017
Hi all, after submitting my online application, realized I did not include all my statuses such as student visa in different countries for Question 13:Tell us if you have had immigration, permanent resident status, and/or citizenship in any other country outside of Canada (e.g. your country of birth) . Do you know what is going to happen? Are they going to return my application or do I have the option to add that info later on to my application? Does anyone has similar experiences and could you share?

bilalsohail666

May 3, 2016
I'm looking for concrete data points in Aug 2023. Thanks.
I got my AOR on Aug 18th and tracker activated on Aug 21. If you read the previous comments you will find some more data points or you can check the August data sheet (link in the first comment of the thread) to see which applicants have recieved an AOR.

endor

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Hi all, after submitting my online application, realized I did not include all my statuses such as student visa in different countries for Question 13:Tell us if you have had immigration, permanent resident status, and/or citizenship in any other country outside of Canada (e.g. your country of birth) . Do you know what is going to happen? Are they going to return my application or do I have the option to add that info later on to my application? Does anyone has similar experiences and could you share?
A student visa is typically only valid for the duration of your studies, and therefore is only temporary. It does not fall under the "immigration, pr status, and/or citizenship" category.

However, if you were a student in that country during your 5 year eligibility period and you stayed there for more than 6 months at a time, you will need to submit a police record from that country.

Reactions: iamalazyperson

moonlight86

Oct 17, 2017
A student visa is typically only valid for the duration of your studies, and therefore is only temporary. It does not fall under the "immigration, pr status, and/or citizenship" category.

However, if you were a student in that country during your 5 year eligibility period and you stayed there for more than 6 months at a time, you will need to submit a police record from that country.
I actually put my last immigration status in the other country which is citizen but did not inlcuded te PR status, I think I should have? What happens now?

arindam83

Sep 12, 2023
Can you please detail how the process of getting Canadian passport from the USA look like? I can definitely come to Canada for oath ceremony but my concern is with the remaining process shared below. My US Work visa will be stamped on my current Indian passport so for me the overall process will be this:

1. Attend Oath Ceremony (in Canada)
2. Apply for Canadian Passport (in Canada)
3. Receive Canadian passport (in Canada)
4. Surrender/Cancel Indian passport (in Canada)
5. Receive the Cancelled Indian passport (in Canada)
6. Use the existing US visa stamp on cancelled Indian passport and the new Canadian passport to travel to the US

This process could take months and hence my concerns. If there is a way to complete step 2 in Canada and remaining steps (2 - 5) in US that works best for me.
I am also in the same boat. Do we really need to surrender for India passport before we can use Caanda passport. Can we not go for a fresh stamping

arindam83

Sep 12, 2023
I am more concerned about my L1A visa which I am holding in India passport. I am currently in USA and applied canada citizenship. My plan is to travel to canada during oath and get canada passport and then travel to USA with L1A on Canada passport.

is that a feasible plan. My employer said they will prepare a fresh blanket L1A petiton and I should be able to use it to return back.

r0tzbua

Aug 3, 2023
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1098
Application: Single
Application sent: Aug 3, 2023
Delivered: Aug 3, 2023
AOR: TBD
Got my AOR (40 days)

Physical Presence Days: 1098
Application sent: Aug 3, 2023
Delivered: Aug 3, 2023
AOR: Sep 12, 2023

Reactions: iamalazyperson

GK_Cornell

Sep 12, 2023
Physical Presence Days: 1139
Application: Family(4)
Application sent: Aug 15, 2023
Delivered: Aug 15, 2023
AOR: Not yet received.

FarhaShaikh

Aug 15, 2023
I got my AOR on Aug 18th and tracker activated on Aug 21. If you read the previous comments you will find some more data points or you can check the August data sheet (link in the first comment of the thread) to see which applicants have recieved an AOR.
Did you received your test invite? I received my AOR on 21st August but I haven't received the test invite yet.

bilalsohail666

May 3, 2016
Did you received your test invite? I received my AOR on 21st August but I haven't received the test invite yet.
Nope. Still waiting myself. Going by last 2 months data, Paper applicants get thier AOR in 15 days and then Test Invite a month after AOR. Whereas the Online ones get the AOR after a month or so and Invite after 15 days. That's just a personal observation, every case is different though.

mithra_poreddy

Oct 18, 2020
Physical Presence Days: 1311
Application sent: Aug 07, 2023
Delivered: Aug 07, 2023
AOR: Not yet received.