+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Zay11

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
I received my oath invite email the same day my tracker update, but still have not received instructions on the e-certificate download portal. People who've already done the oath by video, do they reconfirm if you want e-certificate or physical copy at registration?
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/posts/10567136/
You can check here to create the account for e certificate. If you have already communicated that you are opting for e certificate.

NewDestination

Star Member
Feb 9, 2020
I received my oath invite email the same day my tracker update, but still have not received instructions on the e-certificate download portal. People who've already done the oath by video, do they reconfirm if you want e-certificate or physical copy at registration?
Yes they do. They will ask if u receive paper certificates or e certificate and if you plan to travel outside canada soon

Reactions: smithy2024

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Probably they put you in queue for oath scheduling. My guess is the person doing your LPP had forgot to do it.
Does that mean the actual wait for oath starts now? The +3 months I’ve been waiting don’t really count?

I know a bunch of people here have been waiting for oath since November/December. Could it be some sort of mass clerical error due to them changing procedures, etc?

Welp. In any case I’m in for the long ride.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Does that mean the actual wait for oath starts now? The +3 months I’ve been waiting don’t really count?

I know a bunch of people here have been waiting for oath since November/December. Could it be some sort of mass clerical error due to them changing procedures, etc?

Not true . Ghost on your application this week means you should get Oath soon . There might be update on your tracker tomorrow or Tuesday. Also you should call tomorrow and ask agent what was ghost update was about.

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019

Seems like it

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Okay folks, checking my GCMS notes, I saw some of the emails I sent IRCC and the scheduling office basically begging them for updates on my file and to see if there was something wrong.

While looking closely at the notes, in January there is a weird update on my file shortly after I sent my email:

“Issue report sent to GCMS team on Jan 8 to fix fee issue - The Adult Grant processing fee did not roll up to paid. The status fee line is showing Outstanding.”

I’m pretty confused to be honest. I paid my fee as a part of my application and the statement shows on my bank account as paid.

I wonder whether I’ll get asked to pay again (?) or if it was a glitch, and said glitch prevented me from being sent to the oath scheduling queue because in the system it did appear as my payment was incomplete.

I got a ghost update on February 1st (no further updates, oath still not started), perhaps that was my issue getting addressed and finally being sent to the oath scheduling queue?

If that’s the case, that means my file was basically 100% stalled between November and mid-January. I know there are a bunch of people with LPP completed on November/December that have been waiting for Oath for quite a while, if this was indeed a glitch that affected certain applicants, that could be your case (if you’re one of them).

That also would explain why so many people with stalled applications have started getting updates and their oath invites in the past week.

Reactions: citapplicant

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
Okay folks, checking my GCMS notes, I saw some of the emails I sent IRCC and the scheduling office basically begging them for updates on my file and to see if there was something wrong.

While looking closely at the notes, in January there is a weird update on my file shortly after I sent my email:

“Issue report sent to GCMS team on Jan 8 to fix fee issue - The Adult Grant processing fee did not roll up to paid. The status fee line is showing Outstanding.”

I’m pretty confused to be honest. I paid my fee as a part of my application and the statement shows on my bank account as paid.

I wonder whether I’ll get asked to pay again (?) or if it was a glitch, and said glitch prevented me from being sent to the oath scheduling queue because in the system it did appear as my payment was incomplete.

I got a ghost update on February 1st (no further updates, oath still not started), perhaps that was my issue getting addressed and finally being sent to the oath scheduling queue?

If that’s the case, that means my file was basically 100% stalled between November and mid-January. I know there are a bunch of people with LPP completed on November/December that have been waiting for Oath for quite a while, if this was indeed a glitch that affected certain applicants, that could be your case (if you’re one of them).

That also would explain why so many people with stalled applications have started getting updates and their oath invites in the past week.
if this is the case for a lot of people, it is just funny at this point

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020

Send them Fees receipt using webform ASAP .