August 2022 visit visa timeline

Tej02

Star Member
May 19, 2021
Hi All,

Applied visitor visa for my in-laws from India

Application Submitted Sep11th
BIL- 12th Sep

Just wanted to ask any Idea on how many days is it taking for the entire process

mjaffer53

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
Med's Request
Jan 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015
Passport Req..
March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
April 2015
LANDED..........
April 2015

nantzleijar

Aug 10, 2022
Hello everyone! My in-laws application was submitted August 9 and Biometrics completed August 12. Still no update. And then I realized the invitation letter and letter of support submitted has no signature. Does it affect their application? I’m losing confidence that they will receive approval . Please advise.

inder13

Dec 17, 2018
Hello everyone! My in-laws application was submitted August 9 and Biometrics completed August 12. Still no update. And then I realized the invitation letter and letter of support submitted has no signature. Does it affect their application? I’m losing confidence that they will receive approval . Please advise.
If you feel comfortable, you can raise a web form and shared the signed and dated letter and explain in the web form using an option from this link - https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Application

sheikhab

Aug 27, 2022
HI, I have applied UK tourist visa 1st and then applied Canada TVR for tourism. I didn't mentioned about UK visa application while TRV application submission because UK application status was pending that time and still in progress till date and waiting for result.

Below mentioned question was available in the form IMM5257.
Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or order to remove Canada or any other country or territory?

Ongoing application for other country question was not available in form IMM5257 so I didn't mention anything.

Is it mandatory to inform IRCC about my UK visa application which is still pending?

Timelines:

UK Application 1st Aug 2022

TRV Applied on 6 Aug 2022 (GCKEY)
Biometric done on 8 Aug
Eligibility Review Started on 10 Aug
Now waiting for result
(Valid B1/B2 Visa, visited last year)
Still stuck on Eligibility Review

cvkk2010

Jun 10, 2021
Applied for my parents on Aug 1 and biometrics were done on 5th August... Still the status shoes "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility." Usually how long it will take for the status to change from the above to the Eligibility review started?

RARUETEV

Jul 23, 2019
Parents' visitor visa timeline:

August 28th - Submitted Application online via IRCC Portal and Received Biometrics Collection letter
September 2nd - Submitted Biometrics
September 12th - Eligibility review Started
September 15th - Biometrics Validity letter and Original Passport Request letter received.

Have a valid US visa and previous US travel history
Applied from India.

gingersunny

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Applied for wife who is in India on 31st Aug
Biometrics done 5th Sept
No updates after that.
Hi I applied for my mother-in-law who is in India, on Aug 23, she once did her biometrics in 2021, which will expire in 2031 so i used the same biometrics. I did not hear any updates other than confirmation email and application number.

Sirat1301

Sep 1, 2022
Anyone apply August 4 ...I applied August 4 still showing background check I've had refusal in the past ... fingers crossed. Anyone apply August 4 and get decision...I was supposed to go for wedding September 21 hopefully hear back soon. Should I expect good news even if event date has past.... or is it dependant on event date.?

Deep46

Dec 5, 2014
applied from canada for my wife on 15th of aug..biometrics completed 17th aug. after that no response

Legend6892

Jul 31, 2017
Reapplied for TRV in Saudi Arabia for my brother through GC KEY

Timeline:-

Application submitted:
Aug 7th
Biometrics: Aug 7th - Updated from the previous application
Background check started: Aug 7th - We are processing your background check.
Update:
Eligibility check started:
Sep 27th - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.