+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2022 Spousal Sponsorship (Inland/Outland/Paper/Online)

James Lyrie-Stewart

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Exactly the same thing for me Jamie Lyrie-Stewart...

I applied online INLAND... I am a PR and applied only for my spouse.

Applied online... Aug 27 (Office Mississauga)
AOR ... Sep 9
Medical requested ... Sep 9 (Medical expiring Feb 9 2023)
Medical complete and updated on PR tracker ... Sep 14
Pre-arrival letter ... Oct 12
Eligibility pass ... Oct 13
Background check ... Oct 27

I wanted to ask that everything is complete now. And most importantly, in my tracker, the COPR number is populating now. It was not there before. It has an expiry date of 2027, though I thought it only used to be 1 year from Medical.

1) As I am inland, do I still receive PPR, or will I directly get COPR.
2) I'm confused, everything is complete in 2 months. What would take them longer to update status to "Approved"...
3) Why is COPR expiry date 2027 when it usually is only 1 year from medical. Is it because I am Inland?
1) You will not get PPR. Instead, you (or we, as I'm also on the same boat) will receive an email stating our application has been approved, and the email will ask us to reply with our personal info. Then, we will receive a portal invite, with which we can upload our photo on the PR portal. After that, we wait for eCOPR.
2) No idea, but someone asked an MP about this. The MP said when you see COPR details on the tracker, it means that IRCC has issued COPR and is wrapping stuff up on their end. The wait times between seeing COPR details on the tracker and getting the PR confirmation email vary a LOT from applicant to applicant, as per the usual IRCC fashion. Some get the PR confirmation email the same day, some get it two months after.
3) I read from unofficial sources that the expiry date is supposed to change to one year from medical when IRCC is ready to issue the PR confirmation email. Not sure how true that is. Once again, I didn't get this info from official sources so take it with a grain of salt.

aprado

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
My wife got a letter with the following text
---

Reminder - Police Certificate
Police Certificate (Mexico): If you have spent the majority of your adult life (since the age of 18) in
Mexico, you must obtain a police certificate from that country. For further information on how to obtain

a police certificate, please visit the following link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-
citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/mexico.html.

---

Is this enough to start the process? Or should we wait for another letter? From the instructions it seems like it's already possible. But also feels like they will actually ask for it explicitly.

henhouse

Nov 6, 2022
Applied paper aug 23 inland, got AOR yesterday. Still not in the system, how long does it take usually ?
any luck with this ? are you trying to link it on the GCkey website or PR Tracker
I got my AOR on Nov4 and while I have been able to link it on the GCkey website, I am unable to register with the PR tracker

Reactions: he5ham

mjw071284

Mar 21, 2015
My wife got a letter with the following text
---

Reminder - Police Certificate
Police Certificate (Mexico): If you have spent the majority of your adult life (since the age of 18) in
Mexico, you must obtain a police certificate from that country. For further information on how to obtain

a police certificate, please visit the following link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-
citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/mexico.html.

---

Is this enough to start the process? Or should we wait for another letter? From the instructions it seems like it's already possible. But also feels like they will actually ask for it explicitly.
This is all you need. My partner is also from Mexico and we got delayed a little as we were waiting for something else to ask us specifically.

aprado

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
This is all you need. My partner is also from Mexico and we got delayed a little as we were waiting for something else to ask us specifically.
Thank you. How long did it take you ? I saw some people saying they did in person in Mexico, or asked their mom to do, even tho the instructions say not to do so

aprado

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
any luck with this ? are you trying to link it on the GCkey website or PR Tracker
I got my AOR on Nov4 and while I have been able to link it on the GCkey website, I am unable to register with the PR tracker
yeah it worked... but I did with the first name + last name, and DOB I think ?! They UCI +File number wasn't working

henhouse

Nov 6, 2022
yeah it worked... but I did with the first name + last name, and DOB I think ?! They UCI +File number wasn't working
Yes that worked for me on the GCKey website but I still can't register on the new PR tracker website. I am getting the following error.

"Incorrect or invalid information. Review and make sure it matches the information submitted on your application. If you can’t create an account, it may be because your application is not in our system yet."

EloiseMann

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
Category........
FAM
Yes that worked for me on the GCKey website but I still can't register on the new PR tracker website. I am getting the following error.

"Incorrect or invalid information. Review and make sure it matches the information submitted on your application. If you can’t create an account, it may be because your application is not in our system yet."
I haven't been able to make a sponsor account for the PR tracker. No idea what information I have wrong but I always get that error. PA had no problem. It's driving me crazy lol.

henhouse

Nov 6, 2022
I haven't been able to make a sponsor account for the PR tracker. No idea what information I have wrong but I always get that error. PA had no problem. It's driving me crazy lol.
No luck for me creating an account with both PA and sponsor details

EloiseMann

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
Category........
FAM
No luck for me creating an account with both PA and sponsor details
If it helps, for us the details we needed for the PR tracker were the ones in the passport and not the ones in the application - my partner's birth place in his passport isn't the town where he was born, so we put the town in the application (to match the birth certificate) but the tracker used the passport one.

We can't figure it out for me though, since both the application and my passport say 'Toronto' lol.

Reactions: henhouse

aprado

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016

I see. Yeah, worked for me for the PA. I didn't try for the sponsor in the tracker, I'd assume is the same information. I saw you saying it didn't work with neither :/

VanHua

Nov 7, 2018
Summited date is August 13th after that I have no update.

I know not receive AOR is still normal but I am wondering if having not received a "document received" notification is normal or not after three months? Should I make a phone call? If I should, what is the best number to contact IRCC?

Thank you so much!