+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2022 Spousal Sponsorship (Inland/Outland/Paper/Online)

Kpx31

Oct 2, 2016
Application Submitted: 11 AUG 2022
Sponsor Received AOR: 09 NOV 2022

But I can not able to link my application to GCkey. Is it normal ? How long it usually takes to link the application ?
I have already linked my application to PR tracker but there's no update of AOR. It still shows "Document Received."

EloiseMann

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
Category........
FAM
Summited date is August 13th after that I have no update.

I know not receive AOR is still normal but I am wondering if having not received a "document received" notification is normal or not after three months? Should I make a phone call? If I should, what is the best number to contact IRCC?

Thank you so much!
The AOR is unfortunately the only notification they send of having received it. There's nothing before that.

gosatyasree

Sep 14, 2017
Hyderabad

But I can not able to link my application to GCkey. Is it normal ? How long it usually takes to link the application ?
I have already linked my application to PR tracker but there's no update of AOR. It still shows "Document Received."
You should be able to link it to GCKey.
Please follow the steps in the following post and go through point #12.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-link-an-application-to-cic-account-step-by-step-instruction.619724/

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018

Please watch this video to link application to gckey

jkiddo

Nov 10, 2022
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-08-2022
Is the GCKey thing something I should've signed up for after I've submitted my application?
Also, is the GCKey account the same for whatever Government of Canada service you use? I have a student loan that I'm paying back and I have a GCKey account from that, but whenever I try to log into GCKey for Immigration using that account, it logs me in but it brings me to a page that says your "login session is either invalid or has expired."

EloiseMann

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
Category........
FAM
Is the GCKey thing something I should've signed up for after I've submitted my application?
Also, is the GCKey account the same for whatever Government of Canada service you use? I have a student loan that I'm paying back and I have a GCKey account from that, but whenever I try to log into GCKey for Immigration using that account, it logs me in but it brings me to a page that says your "login session is either invalid or has expired."
It's not required, you don't need to sign up for GCKey. Plenty of people just use the other trackers.

It's your IRCC Secure Account, but the site is notoriously glitchy. You may have to use a private window to login.

Reactions: jkiddo

vishnuvj2905

Sep 21, 2022
August applicants, is anyone stuck at the Background verification for about a month, while all other requirements (eligibility of sponsor & PA, medical, biometrics) are completed? What is the normal turn around time for Background verification step?

gosatyasree

Sep 14, 2017
Hyderabad
Application Mode: Online
Application submit date: August 1, 2022
Acknowledgment of receipt: November 10, 2022
Biometric request: November 10, 2022

Hoping for medical request soon.
Cheers!
We've received medical request and Sponsor approval today.

Application Mode: Online
Application submit date: August 1, 2022
Acknowledgment of receipt: November 10, 2022
Biometric request: November 10, 2022
Medical request: November 14, 2022
Sponsor Approval: November 14, 2022

Cheers!

Last edited:

EloiseMann

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
Category........
FAM
August applicants, is anyone stuck at the Background verification for about a month, while all other requirements (eligibility of sponsor & PA, medical, biometrics) are completed? What is the normal turn around time for Background verification step?
Background for many people is often the longest. Our background has been in progress since the day we received AOR :oops:

jkiddo

Nov 10, 2022
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-08-2022
Got my reply today. Rejected because my dumbutt forgot to include the checklist. Guess I'll make my way to the November thread! :/

• Sad
Reactions: he5ham