+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2022 Spousal Sponsorship (Inland/Outland/Paper/Online)

Jollygood95

Apr 27, 2022
Still waiting for email!

I know I'm still early. From the timelines I've seen, it can take a couple of weeks for the portal invite to arrive after seeing COPR number on the tracker.
Okay! I’ve very similar timeline to yours. My background was completed on 18th Oct and since then the PR tracker hasn’t been updated. It says decision made on my ecas though since 2 days.

HazellD

Oct 24, 2022
Just joining the masses already here.

Application: Inland, Paper with OWP

Application mailed: 22/08/2022
Application delivered: 23/08/2022

Still waiting on an AOR as at 24 October.
Waiting on AOR is such a frustrating process! (especially when I look at the massive disparities in timelines for different individual cases)
Anyone got any insight as to what the online portal transition means for mailed applications?

Just concerned about whether mailed applications are being deprioritized in favour of the roll out of the new online application system.
Tossing up whether we need to prepare an online application as an alternative if we haven't heard back in respect of an AOR after like 3/4 months on the paper application submitted.

jan1992

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
india
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2021
Anyone got any insight as to what the online portal transition means for mailed applications?

Just concerned about whether mailed applications are being deprioritized in favour of the roll out of the new online application system.
Tossing up whether we need to prepare an online application as an alternative if we haven't heard back in respect of an AOR after like 3/4 months on the paper application submitted.
I think until IRCC posts something like that, it does not makes sense to prepare online application. I am in the same boat as you. My application was delivered on 9 September and haven't heard anything yet.
As per tracking sheet, most of the august paper applicants have got AOR, may be you can try calling IRCC.

Nov 28, 2019
Hey there!
Creating this thread for all August 2022 spousal sponsorship applicants.
Please post your timeline first and questions next.
Judging by the timelines in other threads, it'll likely be mid October for the AOR to be sent if everything's alright.
Best wishes!

My details are below

Application: Outland (Online)
Applied on: August 1, 2022
hey did you receive the AOR?

HazellD

Oct 24, 2022
I think until IRCC posts something like that, it does not makes sense to prepare online application. I am in the same boat as you. My application was delivered on 9 September and haven't heard anything yet.
As per tracking sheet, most of the august paper applicants have got AOR, may be you can try calling IRCC.
Yep, the tracking sheet is what has me worried. Seems like most people who submitted paper applications in August had an AOR within around 30 days from date of submission. We are currently coming up on 70+ days. I just can't understand how there are such discrepancies in timelines especially for people who submitted on the exact same date - very frustrating.

RE: Calling IRCC.
So far it has proved difficult to get hold of the IRCC to actually chat to an agent - almost always says they are busy and then drops the call. Additionally, without an application number yet they can't really offer much help.

Guess its just a waiting game for the next while.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: he5ham

Kaikai95

Aug 17, 2022
They don't possess applications in sequence. It's just like lottery and they draw files randomly from the pool...

jm90

Jan 10, 2019
Still waiting for email!

I know I'm still early. From the timelines I've seen, it can take a couple of weeks for the portal invite to arrive after seeing COPR number on the tracker.
Exactly the same thing for me Jamie Lyrie-Stewart...

I applied online INLAND... I am a PR and applied only for my spouse.

Applied online... Aug 27 (Office Mississauga)
AOR ... Sep 9
Medical requested ... Sep 9 (Medical expiring Feb 9 2023)
Medical complete and updated on PR tracker ... Sep 14
Pre-arrival letter ... Oct 12
Eligibility pass ... Oct 13
Background check ... Oct 27

I wanted to ask that everything is complete now. And most importantly, in my tracker, the COPR number is populating now. It was not there before. It has an expiry date of 2027, though I thought it only used to be 1 year from Medical.

1) As I am inland, do I still receive PPR, or will I directly get COPR.
2) I'm confused, everything is complete in 2 months. What would take them longer to update status to "Approved"...
3) Why is COPR expiry date 2027 when it usually is only 1 year from medical. Is it because I am Inland?

Last edited:

he5ham

Star Member
May 24, 2019
Exactly the same thing for me Jamie Lyrie-Stewart...

I applied online INLAND... I am a PR and applied only for my spouse.

Applied online... Aug 27 (Office Mississauga)
AOR ... Sep 9
Medical requested ... Sep 9 (Medical expiring Feb 9 2023)
Medical complete and updated on PR tracker ... Sep 14
Pre-arrival letter ... Oct 12
Eligibility pass ... Oct 13
Background check ... Oct 27

I wanted to ask that everything is complete now. And most importantly, in my tracker, the COPR number is populating now. It was not there before. It has an expiry date of 2027, though I thought it only used to be 1 year from Medical.

1) As I am inland, do I still receive PPR, or will I directly get COPR.
2) I'm confused, everything is complete in 2 months. What would take them longer to update status to "Approved"...
3) Why is COPR expiry date 2027 when it usually is only 1 year from medical. Is it because I am Inland?
Usually the visa that you get as an outland after ppr is the one that has a validity linked to medicals or passport expiry

Ashley8992

Oct 24, 2022
Hello everyone, SA does not have a VO mentioned. Other groups say its Ottawa. How would I know. Will any tracker have VO info. Thank you.

Oct 19, 2022
Extend wife's stay/ visa
Hello same situation but what if i had applied spouse work permit. Should i extend my stay as visitor or am i on maintained status until decision made??? I cane in july and will be 6 months in december. My visitor visa expire 2024

aprado

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Applied paper aug 23 inland, got AOR yesterday. Still not in the system, how long does it take usually ?

Reactions: he5ham