+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2022 Citizenship Applications

JCE

Dec 30, 2022
anyone elses tracker stuck in the loading page?
The only time it was stuck for me was when oath had been scheduled and I was waiting to take it. Then once oath was done it loaded again.

You should be able to open up "developer tools" in your browser when logging in, there's a request there to "/user" with the timeline you can try and decipher.

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
any one was waiting for Background check for long and got it completed recent, I have been waiting for Bg to be completed for four months now still pending

ameliaj0691

Sep 22, 2022
I have some questions regarding oath ceremony. How long is a virtual oath ceremony? Also, is the exact time of the oath ceremony going to be in the email instruction? The update in the online tracker only shows the date I am scheduled for.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I have some questions regarding oath ceremony. How long is a virtual oath ceremony? Also, is the exact time of the oath ceremony going to be in the email instruction? The update in the online tracker only shows the date I am scheduled for.
Depends on the number of participants. If it's more than 120 it would take close to 2 hrs and more.
Time and mode(online or in-person) is specified in the email.

Reactions: 5aab

Jaxon911

Champion Member
Jun 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
PR App 2014-06-23 & Citizenship App Filed in Aug 2022
Did my oath ceremony yesterday, hoping to receive my citizenship certificate soon.

Reactions: satish1947

satish1947

Aug 3, 2017
Has anyone who took oath on Aug 14th (MIS), able to download their e-certificate? I tried and I got this

There were issues submitting your form.
  • Your e-Certificate is not available. Please try again 2-5 business days after you provided your signed Oath of Citizenship.

chuukkal

Jan 27, 2019
any one was waiting for Background check for long and got it completed recent, I have been waiting for Bg to be completed for four months now still pending
My application is stuck at security screening stage. Requested GCMS notes from CSIS and CBSA to get more information.

Jaxon911

Champion Member
Jun 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
PR App 2014-06-23 & Citizenship App Filed in Aug 2022
I got my citizenship approved and got my e-certificate and also applied for my passport!

As I bid adieu to this forum, I'd like to thank you all here for the fun conversations, help, insights and support!

Janice2022

Star Member
Aug 19, 2022
Hello. Finally, 7months after passing my citizenship test(January). I got an update today Aug 17.

INVITATION TO AN INTERVIEW WITH A CITIZENSHIP OFFICIAL AND VERIFICATION OF IDENTITY/DOCUMENTS.

Please share if you went to an interview. And what should I expect? Thank you in advance!

Janice2022

Star Member
Aug 19, 2022
Hello all, I gave my citizenship interview. Any guidance on when can I expect the oath now?
Hi there. What do you mean citizenship interview?

I am scheduled to appear for an interview with a citizenship official and for verification of identity/documents in 2 weeks time. Was this the same interview as yours?

if yes, can you share how it went? Thank you!

HNJ

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Hi there. What do you mean citizenship interview?

I am scheduled to appear for an interview with a citizenship official and for verification of identity/documents in 2 weeks time. Was this the same interview as yours?

if yes, can you share how it went? Thank you!
Yes its the same. basically they just want to verify in person the ids and travel history, where you work, etc. Pretty basic conversation.

Reactions: Janice2022

chuukkal

Jan 27, 2019
Is your BG completed? How do you know it is security screening?
The GCMS notes that I received from IRCC shows security/criminality request.Based on that, I applied another GCMS notes from CSIS and I just got the update saying my security screening request has been completed. I hope IRCC now has all the information to process my application.

Reactions: Pushpaacna