London, UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
PR App 2014-06-23 & Citizenship App Filed in Aug 2022
Are you sure yours is still with NGF office? A lot of them got transferred to Mississauga.
My citizenship test invite was from NGF office so I'm assuming they are the office processing my application.

BM17

Mar 15, 2017
My citizenship test invite was from NGF office so I'm assuming they are the office processing my application.
I suggest you call them to find out which office. I was with Niagara but i just got my gcsm notes showing Mississauga. Notes show that my application was granted and i should be scheduled for a virtual ceremony but i haven't got oath date yet

zz9ja

Jul 16, 2023
Application filed in Aug. 2022 (Toronto location) and no update since test complete in Jan. 2023. Anything can be done to know the status as its been more than 6 months from test complete date? Received generic reply from IRCC web form though.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Application filed in Aug. 2022 (Toronto location) and no update since test complete in Jan. 2023. Anything can be done to know the status as its been more than 6 months from test complete date? Received generic reply from IRCC web form though.
Apply for GCMS notes and see what's happening with your LPP.

ada228

Mar 23, 2023
If you are the applicant who is directly affected by IRCC delays and unfair processing of applications, or if you know someone who is, please sign the petition below so our voices reaches to IRCC and to express our frustrations and distress of this unfair treatment for applications specially those from 2021 and 2022. Please make sure this link reaches all who are in this dilemma and limbo!

https://chng.it/WCMDVDqKdk

Reactions: deposit

JCE

Dec 30, 2022
LPP completed June 8th. Oath invite email came the other day for July 25th. Tracker says oath went to in progress July 14 but didn't show until the 17th.

Edit: also to add, I received an email saying I had chosen an e-certificate, and instructions to sign up for the portal last Friday, so I guess that was a sign that it was getting close.

MomminCanada

Jul 20, 2023
This forum has been so helpful for me so I am posting here for the first time to share my timeline:

Family Application
3 adults, 2 minors

• Jul 19, 2023 Picked up citizenship certificates in Vancouver office for me and my daughter. The clerk asked if we had upcoming travel and we said yes since we already had travel booked to visit family. She gave the pick-up date right after the ceremony but I needed to send my oath confirmation and proof of travel.
  • Jul 17, 2023 Virtual citizenship oath (IRCC Surrey)
  • Jul 7, 2023 Scheduled for Citizenship oath
  • Jun 28, 2023 Citizenship oath status has been updated to In progress.
  • Jun 26, 2023 Adult son appeared for in-person test and interview
Note: Our citizenship oath schedule got delayed because our adult son didn't check his email. He was requested to do an in-person test after doing an online test. IRCC sent notices in April, May, and June (final notice). He went to IRCC Surrey in June following the appointment date and time in the Notice to Appear letter (June 26).
  • May 1, 2023 Physical presence status has been updated to Completed.
  • May 1, 2023 Prohibitions status has been updated to Completed.
  • May 1, 2023 Language skills status has been updated to Completed.
  • Feb 16, 2023 Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.
  • Feb 9, 2023 Scheduled for citizenship test (IRCC Surrey)
  • Jan 31, 2023 Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress.
  • Jan 9, 2023 Background verification status has been updated to Completed.
  • Aug 29, 2022 AOR
  • Aug 21, 2022 Application sent by mail

Lessons learned:
  • Follow all instructions in the online test! Our adult son passed the test but he had other tabs open so we thought maybe that is why his test was invalid and he had to go for an in-person test and interview.
  • Check emails regularly and search for IRCC keyword.
  • The entire family application will get delayed if there is a problem with any of the individual applications.
  • I have sent a few follow-up emails to IRCC Surrey ceremony email to check our application and they replied once asking for the UCI and Application Number. However, they never said that there was an ongoing issue with one of our files. Please have everyone check their email regularly.
I hope this helps! Good luck to those who are still waiting.

Reactions: satish1947

Jaxon911

Champion Member
Jun 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
LPP completed June 8th. Oath invite email came the other day for July 25th. Tracker says oath went to in progress July 14 but didn't show until the 17th.

Edit: also to add, I received an email saying I had chosen an e-certificate, and instructions to sign up for the portal last Friday, so I guess that was a sign that it was getting close.
Congratulations!

Jaxon911

Champion Member
Jun 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
I feel this thread is slowly dying, getting less engaging. Signs are that most of the Aug'22 applicants now have their citizenship so not a lot to talk about and those who got citizenship probably won't be interested in following updates. Hoping that last few of us receive our oath invites soon and then this thread will be DONE!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I feel this thread is slowly dying, getting less engaging. Signs are that most of the Aug'22 applicants now have their citizenship so not a lot to talk about and those who got citizenship probably won't be interested in following updates. Hoping that last few of us receive our oath invites soon and then this thread will be DONE!
Once 50% people get Oath, the thread starts dying. Happening to a lot of 2022 threads now. Oct, Nov, Dec are only last bit active threads.

Californiacicle

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Guelph, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-20-2013
This is so frustrating. Still waiting for an oath update but now it can wait a couple weeks since I have another out of country trip planned. And here I was worried about my first one early in July. In September I will have been living in Canada for 14 years.