+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2022 Citizenship Applications

drshohrat

Aug 26, 2017
Yay, my LPP also changed to Completed :)
from what i understand the invite to oath will come in 1-2 weeks (end of june) , and the oath will be somewhere in july. fingers crossed

chuukkal

Jan 27, 2019
Okay so no point in calling them basically. I'm worried because my US H1B expires in September because I work cross border, ie. in USA on H1B. I can renew my visa now but it'd be some hassle. If I can get citizenship by then - then I'd not have to renew H1B stamp via embassy, I can just go to border with approved petition and Canadian passport to get my visa stamped so I'm in a bit of dilemma.
Good to know that your LPP is finished. I am actually in a similar situation. I filed my application in August last year but then moved to the United States for higher studies. Although I am currently living in the US to complete my masters, I often travel to Canada. I am curious if your case is similar and if you were requested any additional information since you are working from the states or if it was processed like a normal application

Californiacicle

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Guelph, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-20-2013
LPP complete June 13. Please update the tracker. *I needed to edit because I got the notice today 6/15 but it was complete on the 13th*

Fingers crossed my oath isn't scheduled for July 1-6 since I'll be in NYC. With my luck it will be. LOL

Last edited:

Jaxon911

Champion Member
Jun 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
PR App 2014-06-23 & Citizenship App Filed in Aug 2022
Thanks! Any idea when to expect oath invite?
I am waiting too. It's not a big deal though because it won't be months wait, I think at best oath invite will take 2-3 weeks and then it's matter of attending ceremony.

Jaxon911

Champion Member
Jun 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
PR App 2014-06-23 & Citizenship App Filed in Aug 2022
LPP complete today, June 15. Please update the tracker.

Fingers crossed my oath isn't scheduled for July 1-6 since I'll be in NYC. With my luck it will be. LOL
Yeah I wish you luck. My wife got invite for June 21 for ceremony and we have a trip booked to NYC on same date, we emailed them asking if we can reschedule it. They replied with an angry email, saying below:

Please note the Notice to Appear is not an invitation as there is no discretion on whether or not to attend.

A request to reschedule a Citizenship Ceremony event is only considered under exceptional circumstances, ie death of an immediate family member, hospitalization of an immediate family member, or other situation of emergency/ critical nature etc. Each request must be made in writing and must be accompanied by the supporting documentation ie death certificates, doctor’s notes, departure and return airline tickets or documentation to support the request etc.

I read in some other thread that if you miss ceremony then they consider your citizenship application abandoned and you'd have to apply again. Unless within 30 days you can provide reasoning that aligns with text above!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Yeah I wish you luck. My wife got invite for June 21 for ceremony and we have a trip booked to NYC on same date, we emailed them asking if we can reschedule it. They replied with an angry email, saying below:

Please note the Notice to Appear is not an invitation as there is no discretion on whether or not to attend.

A request to reschedule a Citizenship Ceremony event is only considered under exceptional circumstances, ie death of an immediate family member, hospitalization of an immediate family member, or other situation of emergency/ critical nature etc. Each request must be made in writing and must be accompanied by the supporting documentation ie death certificates, doctor’s notes, departure and return airline tickets or documentation to support the request etc.

I read in some other thread that if you miss ceremony then they consider your citizenship application abandoned and you'd have to apply again. Unless within 30 days you can provide reasoning that aligns with text above!
Yes its right. If your trip is a fun trip without any underlying emergency or work related dependency they may not accept your request for reschedule.
But I have seen scenarios in the forum who were already on vacation when they got oath invite and there request for reschedule was accepted. So as usual IRCC behavior is unpredictable.

Californiacicle

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Guelph, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-20-2013

OMG!!

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other

Oh my, sounds like they are not having it at all. You can call the Airline and see if you get out on a later flight. good luck