+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2022 Citizenship Applications

JN1996

May 15, 2023
Same boat over here. Test completed Jan 3 and radio silence ever since. No updates in LPP or anything.
I see people applying after us and they have already participated in the oath ceremony. It makes no sense how they are processing the applications

senhari2005

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Hi, can you please clarify on below ?

how long it will take for the e-certificate to be available to download after oath?

once I download the e-certificate, is it possible for me to apply for passprt same day or next day in passprt office ?

HMO

Jun 18, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2014
Doc's Request.
------
Nomination.....
21-01-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
IELTS Request
submitted with docs
File Transfer...
process started on 21 April 2015 and SLU 24 April 2015
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
21-05-2015 & TLU 27 May 2015
Interview........
------
Passport Req..
DM 06 Aug 2015 & PPR 06 Aug 2015 , PP submitted 10 Aug 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Passport collected on 20 Aug 2015 & Visa issue 04 Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Jan/Feb 2016
I just got email from IRCC Scarborough . Now, the revised interview date is May 16th 2023.
Updates:
Today I attended the interview.

Total duration of interview: 5 mins (checked PR card, ID cards, verified the presence with the help of stamped passport) . Please note that I took citizenship from India. May be that is one of the reason they called me for in person interview. there were around 5-6 cases similar to me. all of them rescheduled from April 27th to May 16th.

They were good with my records and presence. and offered me to take the oath :) :D

Oath duration: 5-7 mins. ( I along with other person (not with me) took the oath).

Total time - interview time and oath: 50 mins. (between interview and oath waited for around 30 mins)

Thank you all for your support.

benali

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
My wife just received an update on her application. Can someone update tracker please?

Type: Online
Physical Presence Days: 1100
Application: Single
Application sent: August 29th
Delivered: August 29th
AOR: August 31st.
Test complete: Mar 22nd.
LPP complete: May 10th.
what about background check

HMO

Jun 18, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2014
Doc's Request.
------
Nomination.....
21-01-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
IELTS Request
submitted with docs
File Transfer...
process started on 21 April 2015 and SLU 24 April 2015
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
21-05-2015 & TLU 27 May 2015
Interview........
------
Passport Req..
DM 06 Aug 2015 & PPR 06 Aug 2015 , PP submitted 10 Aug 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Passport collected on 20 Aug 2015 & Visa issue 04 Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Jan/Feb 2016
The journey to Canadian citizenship and passport has come to an end today. Thank you all for your support.
The journey to Canadian citizenship and passport has come to an end today. Thank you all for your support.
I have few questions on passport application. Please let me know how to reach out to you .

Limerick

Star Member
May 1, 2015
Hello Guys, my oath done and have citizenship certificate didn't apply for passport yet..came USA for 2 weeks can I come back Canada by road using citizenship certificate/co pr?

Reactions: ExpatDad

ExpatDad

Jun 17, 2018
We did the oath ceremony yesterday via Zoom. It was really remarkable, both logistically and emotionally.154 people, all online at the same time, being moved from Zoom room to room as the verification process progresses, and then recombining for the oath and anthem. It is truly amazing how fluidly and professionally the event was managed.

As a Canadian, watching my wife amongst screen after screen of thumbnails – such a rich and varied snapshot of the human family – waiting to complete their journey to citizenship, moved me to tears. How far we have all come, overcoming so many barriers, just to take this final step – and feel just the beginning of the relief that we are safely home together.

And yes, she took a selfie with the judge and clerk!

Now, we wait for the certificate, and then apply for a passport.

Thanks to all of you here on the forum, those we reached out to, personally for support, and to so many of the kind and patient IRCC officers who helped us every step of the way. And best of luck to all of you still in the final stages of the process. May your journey come to a quick and successful conclusion too.

maverick0691

Jul 22, 2019
We did the oath ceremony yesterday via Zoom. It was really remarkable, both logistically and emotionally.154 people, all online at the same time, being moved from Zoom room to room as the verification process progresses, and then recombining for the oath and anthem. It is truly amazing how fluidly and professionally the event was managed.

As a Canadian, watching my wife amongst screen after screen of thumbnails – such a rich and varied snapshot of the human family – waiting to complete their journey to citizenship, moved me to tears. How far we have all come, overcoming so many barriers, just to take this final step – and feel just the beginning of the relief that we are safely home together.

And yes, she took a selfie with the judge and clerk!

Now, we wait for the certificate, and then apply for a passport.

Thanks to all of you here on the forum, those we reached out to, personally for support, and to so many of the kind and patient IRCC officers who helped us every step of the way. And best of luck to all of you still in the final stages of the process. May your journey come to a quick and successful conclusion too.
do you need to be in Canada to do the zoom oath? The reason I ask is because I have yet to receive a date for mine and will be travelling most of june and july and was hoping to take the zoom oath outside of Canada if possible

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
do you need to be in Canada to do the zoom oath? The reason I ask is because I have yet to receive a date for mine and will be travelling most of june and july and was hoping to take the zoom oath outside of Canada if possible
Oath has to be taken on Canadian soil.

ExpatDad

Jun 17, 2018
Yes, you must be in Canada. They reiterated this during the oath ceremony itself. It also states this in the invitation to the Oath Ceremony and asks you to contact them immediately if you won't be in the country on the scheduled date.

ExpatDad

Jun 17, 2018
Here's the relevant snippit from the invitation:

By participating in this video oath ceremony, you confirm that you, and any family members associated to your application, will be taking the Oath of citizenship in Canada. If you are not currently in Canada, contact us as soon as possible in order for us to reschedule your ceremony. Indicate “Outside Canada – Oath of citizenship” in the subject line of the email. Within the text of your email, include your name, application number and planned date of return to Canada.