+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2022 Citizenship Applications

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
any one received Digital finger print request for the result to be sent by RCMP to IRCC, and they did that in Egypt, I am way for in Egypt a 5 weeks and got today request and don't know that exactly what Tod, in Egypt I am not sure they can do digital print and sent it to RCMP, they only do Ink
You can email IRCC and let them know your situation, and they will provide an alternative to you, but I would email or call them quickly as failure to provide what they need can end up in longer processing time or refusal(highly unlikely).

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Today was the day for oath ceremony for my family . it was on zoom . all went well. sent signed oath doc. Will wait for certificate . this fourm was very helpful . Thanks to all contributors . Hope everyone who are looking to complete this process would reach soon this stage .
Welcome to the greatest country in the world and super congratulation!!!!!!

GwenFayeth

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
Can I ask, what does your citizenship have to do with your job and comp? I feel like you talk about your toxic company a lot when you speak about your citizenship as if it ties to your job, as a PR you are legally eligible to work at any job unless you need secret or top secret clearance (for example, CSIS and some federal agencies)
Perhaps I wasn't clear enough in my messaging. IRCC staff as I understand went on a strike for the shared reasons. Whereas private sector workers cannot. I hope they'll see my message and it resonates with them for they were also demanding the same rights that I am now deprived of.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Perhaps I wasn't clear enough in my messaging. IRCC staff as I understand went on a strike for the shared reasons. Whereas private sector workers cannot. I hope they'll see my message and it resonates with them for they were also demanding the same rights that I am now deprived of.
I see your point, but your message would be better served by addressing the Minister and the Senate directly. A low-level IRCC worker cannot do much other than follow the slow and outdated process they have in place, with over 100 review steps and millions of applications at any given time. If your pay has been cut, I hope your workload has been reduced accordingly. Otherwise, you may want to look for a new job. There are many openings on LinkedIn, and depending on your field and skillset, you may be able to find a job.
good luck

GwenFayeth

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
I see your point, but your message would be better served by addressing the Minister and the Senate directly. A low-level IRCC worker cannot do much other than follow the slow and outdated process they have in place, with over 100 review steps and millions of applications at any given time. If your pay has been cut, I hope your workload has been reduced accordingly. Otherwise, you may want to look for a new job. There are many openings on LinkedIn, and depending on your field and skillset, you may be able to find a job.
good luck
Thank you so much for the recommendations. This is constructive feedback for me.
I, along with many of my colleagues are already on the path to land somewhere better. A bit of good news these days, however small it might be, is a boost of morale. Thanks for your well wishes!

ExpatDad

Jun 17, 2018
Dear Admins: Please update our spreadsheet. Our Oath Ceremony has been rescheduled from May 5th to May 16th.

For those in similar circumstances, the change appeared as an update on the tracker, but no email invite as yet.

harmeet25

Star Member
Dec 13, 2016
My tracker got updated yesterday. My oath ceremony has been scheduled on May 17 according to the tracker but I have not received any email with the confirmation.

Reactions: nitish.kpt

amanmander

Jan 9, 2014
Congratulations! Was this a rescheduling due to cancellation? Also did you send them any email to enquire about your application?
Thanks! A couple of applicants in the Vancouver belt have been waiting for the oath ceremony since Feb 15, and luckily strike didn't affect us much. We didn't send any emails; we just waited patiently after we learned that a couple of members here are too waiting for the oath ceremony.

Reactions: GwenFayeth