+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2022 Citizenship Applications

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Love this so much! we will soon be able to do our own citizenship ceremony without a judge

Canada Gazette, Part I, Volume 157, Number 8: Regulations Amending the Citizenship Regulations (Oath of Citizenship)

Objective
The purpose of the amendments to the Regulations is to add flexibility in how the Oath of Citizenship can be taken, including in the presence or not of an authorized person. The flexibility would allow the Department to implement options aimed at improving client service and reducing processing times of citizenship applications while continuing to allow citizenship applicants to meet the legal requirement of swearing or affirming to the Oath of Citizenship.

Reactions: forw.jane

albasa

Sep 19, 2014
may i know if your Oath ceremony will be online or in-person ? which IRCC branch processing your application ?

Haven't recieved the information on how to attend yet. Might get it closer to my oath date.
Office is scarborough

swatkats

Jan 27, 2022
Hi, can anyone please help me with these questions regarding oath ceremony? Thanks in advance.

1. I got the oath invite email(scheduled for this Friday, March 3rd via zoom) for my minor child(below 14yrs) as well, with zoom link and seat number. Does the child need to be present during the ceremony? The ceremony is at the same time as mine and my spouse.

2. Does my spouse and I need to be logged into zoom separately or can we do it together as the time slot is same?

Joship33

Star Member
May 18, 2019
Hi, can anyone please help me with these questions regarding oath ceremony? Thanks in advance.

1. I got the oath invite email(scheduled for this Friday, March 3rd via zoom) for my minor child(below 14yrs) as well, with zoom link and seat number. Does the child need to be present during the ceremony? The ceremony is at the same time as mine and my spouse.

2. Does my spouse and I need to be logged into zoom separately or can we do it together as the time slot is same?

Timeline.Please!

swatkats

Jan 27, 2022
Timeline.Please!
Application type: Family of 3(2 adults and 1 minor), paper application
Application sent: August 1st, 2022
Application delivered: August 8th, 2022
AOR: August 12th, 2022
In process status ECAS: October 26th, 2022
Background check complete: October 28th, 2022
Test invitation: November 3rd, 2022
Test given: November 26th, 2022
Test complete on tracker: November 28th, 2022
LPP complete and decision made: February 10th, 2023
Scheduled for oath update: February 21st, 2023
Oath date: March 3rd, 2023 online
Processing office: Mississauga

Reactions: Joship33

leoamb

Star Member
Nov 19, 2022

Based on https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-ceremony.html

"
Adults and children aged 14 or over must go to the citizenship ceremony and take the oath.

Parents will get certificates of citizenship for their children under age 14. Children under age 14 don’t have to go, but are welcome to."

Reactions: swatkats

sdqyul

Jan 8, 2019
Hi,

These are my times:

• Application: paper
  • Processing Office: Montreal
  • Application Type: Family of 4 (2 adults-2 minors)
  • Days:
    • Adult 1 - 1,141
    • Adult 2- 1,104
    • Minor 1-1,103
    • Minor 2- 1,104
  • Application sent: August 2nd, 2022
  • Application delivered: August 5th, 2022
  • AOR: August 12th, 2022
  • In process status ECAS: November 4th, 2022
  • Background check complete: November 7th, 2022 (for everyone except Minor 2 that was Feb 20 2023)
  • Test invitation: December 8th, 2022 (window Dec 16- Jan 05)
  • Test Adult 1: Taken December 16th, 2022
  • Test Adult 2: Taken December 24th, 2022
  • Test complete on tracker Adult 1: December 19th, 2022
  • Test complete on tracker Adult 2: January 10th, 2023
  • LPP Adult 1: Completed on Feb 18th 2023
  • LPP Adult 2: In Progress
  • Prohibition Minor 1 : Completed on Feb 18th 2023
  • Citizenship Ceremony: Not Started
My questions:
  1. Is it normal for my husband (Adult 1) to have LPP completed and mine (Adult 2) still in progress?
  2. family applications processed together and take the oath at the same time?

Last edited:

leoamb

Star Member
Nov 19, 2022
Hello,

I just checked tracker and found Oath is scheduled on April 18. 2023. When am I supposed to receive "official confirmation of the appointment" ?

Waiting on you

You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on April 18, 2023.
Follow the instructions we sent to you for information on:
  • how to attend the ceremony
  • what documents you have to present
The notice you’ll receive is the official confirmation of the appointment. If you haven’t received the notice by the

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hello,

I just checked tracker and found Oath is scheduled on April 18. 2023. When am I supposed to receive "official confirmation of the appointment" ?

Waiting on you

You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on April 18, 2023.
Follow the instructions we sent to you for information on:
  • how to attend the ceremony
  • what documents you have to present
The notice you’ll receive is the official confirmation of the appointment. If you haven’t received the notice by the
Wait for your ceremony invitation
You’ll get the invitation about 1 to 2 weeks before the ceremony. The invitation will have the ceremony’s

Most applicants are invited to a video oath ceremony.

Check your application status regularly. If the “Citizenship ceremony” section of the citizenship status tracker has an “In progress” status, it means

• we’ve scheduled your ceremony and
  • the invitation is on its way to you by email or mail