+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2022 Citizenship Applications

reemwael

Mar 1, 2017
Guys i have some confusion so please bear with me and inform me what should i do
my time line is as follows

AOR: 18 august 2022
Background verification completed: 14 december 2022
Prohibitions: In progress
Language skills: in progress
Physical presence: in progress
Test: Not started
Citizenship ceremony: not started

i have the following questions regarding my timeline:
1) Should i be concerned? or is this normal to not see any activity on the profile, since I see other applicants here , with similar AOR who have progressed further along and even completed their process.

2) in some posts i saw people getting test invites after background verification was completed, should i be anticipating any test invites at this stage? i have thoroughly checked my email account for any test invites, i could not find any, is there any indication on the tracker that will inform me if a test invite has been sent to me?

3) at this stage , will it be a good idea to request to view my file under the access to information act request?

if anyone would be able to guige me i will be very thankful.
thank you

I wouldn't request to view files now. This timeline seems very normal, and matches many others. It was two months between my background check completed and my test date.

Reactions: drshohrat

Whitehorse patel

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
What updates after citizenship test and background verification is completed ?

VO Vancouver
2022 August application/AOR
Test invitation rcvd 23 JAN 2023
Test completed by me on 08 FEB 2023
Test completed update on tracker 16 FEB 2023.

Mohsin Safdar

Star Member
Aug 26, 2021
Background completed.

Application history
Dec 1, 2022
Activity status updated: Backgroundverification
Background verification
Background verification status has been updated to Completed

Can_Bee

Dec 27, 2021
Guys i have some confusion so please bear with me and inform me what should i do
my time line is as follows

AOR: 18 august 2022
Background verification completed: 14 december 2022
Prohibitions: In progress
Language skills: in progress
Physical presence: in progress
Test: Not started
Citizenship ceremony: not started

i have the following questions regarding my timeline:
1) Should i be concerned? or is this normal to not see any activity on the profile, since I see other applicants here , with similar AOR who have progressed further along and even completed their process.

2) in some posts i saw people getting test invites after background verification was completed, should i be anticipating any test invites at this stage? i have thoroughly checked my email account for any test invites, i could not find any, is there any indication on the tracker that will inform me if a test invite has been sent to me?

3) at this stage , will it be a good idea to request to view my file under the access to information act request?

if anyone would be able to guige me i will be very thankful.
thank you
I am in a similar situation... I completed my test on Dec 5, and it shows on Dec 6 it was completed in the tracker. I was so happy with the pace of my application back then, I knew it was not usual, however, things have stalled after that.
I sent a request for urgent processing in Dec 16, and received a response in Feb 2 that the request had inconsistent information to what they have in file for my application. They told me to submit again the urgent processing request...
Today I called IRCC and as usual... they cannot help with anything. They told me to resubmit the urgent processing request - let's see another month and a half waiting for a response.
I am aware my process is very much advanced in comparison with others, but that delay on replying inquiries, unable to help over the phone, and 24 months processing time is a joke.
All the best!

Reactions: drshohrat