+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2022 Citizenship Applications

JCE

Dec 30, 2022
Should I receive email notifications of updates to my application? Or does others also miss out on these?

I had an update Dec 19 for citizenship test status changed to In progress, and on Dec 28 it updated to being scheduled for test between the 28th and Jan 18. I have yet to receive any email for the test (as of today 2 days after its scheduled start). So I went to the test link posted here and could successfully log in and start the test, the test start email link was sent instantly so clearly the email they have on file is the correct one.

But not getting the "invite" seems odd, or are they just missing to send it out? I've not really logged into the tracker since I was expecting to get notifications through email, so pure luck that I checked and noticed I was scheduled for the test...

The only email I've received for them was when filing the application (online), so I don't even know which office is handling my application except guessing based on my location.

Thoughts?

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Should I receive email notifications of updates to my application? Or does others also miss out on these?

I had an update Dec 19 for citizenship test status changed to In progress, and on Dec 28 it updated to being scheduled for test between the 28th and Jan 18. I have yet to receive any email for the test (as of today 2 days after its scheduled start). So I went to the test link posted here and could successfully log in and start the test, the test start email link was sent instantly so clearly the email they have on file is the correct one.

But not getting the "invite" seems odd, or are they just missing to send it out? I've not really logged into the tracker since I was expecting to get notifications through email, so pure luck that I checked and noticed I was scheduled for the test...

The only email I've received for them was when filing the application (online), so I don't even know which office is handling my application except guessing based on my location.

Thoughts?
That is normal,( should not be the case, buts a system so its prone to errors and malfunctions) the T&C when signing for online application IRCC made clear in the terms, that its up t us to check our status and they are not at fault for us not getting emails and missing deadlines etc and if they refuse our application because we do not get email and did not take action, its all our fault according to the terms, so we have to check our file, at least 1 time each week is what i do, or ever 15 day since most IRCC request needs a 30 day reply timeline. they also do not send updates for the tracker getting updated so you will never know lol.

Good luck, and set a reminder on your phone to check yo tracker

a small part of the Terms ----> do not worry i read everything LOL i never download an app on my phone or computer without reading all the Terms (i know i am weird) lol
  • You understand and accept that we’re notresponsible for any losses or damages because of
    • any restrictions, delay, malfunction or unavailability of your account, or
    • the unsecured email communication of your personal information during the processing of your application
  • You understand that
    • you must use the latest and most updated browser, such as Chrome, Firefox or Safari, to access your account (so you have at least 128-bit secure socket layer encryption capability)
    • your software supplier is responsible for technical support of your browser and software
    • we’re not responsible for any difficulties in downloading and installing your browser or any software

JCE

Dec 30, 2022
That is normal,( should not be the case, buts a system so its prone to errors and malfunctions) the T&C when signing for online application IRCC made clear in the terms, that its up t us to check our status and they are not at fault for us not getting emails and missing deadlines etc and if they refuse our application because we do not get email and did not take action, its all our fault according to the terms, so we have to check our file, at least 1 time each week is what i do, or ever 15 day since most IRCC request needs a 30 day reply timeline. they also do not send updates for the tracker getting updated so you will never know lol.

Good luck, and set a reminder on your phone to check yo tracker

a small part of the Terms ----> do not worry i read everything LOL i never download an app on my phone or computer without reading all the Terms (i know i am weird) lol
  • You understand and accept that we’re notresponsible for any losses or damages because of
    • any restrictions, delay, malfunction or unavailability of your account, or
    • the unsecured email communication of your personal information during the processing of your application
  • You understand that
    • you must use the latest and most updated browser, such as Chrome, Firefox or Safari, to access your account (so you have at least 128-bit secure socket layer encryption capability)
    • your software supplier is responsible for technical support of your browser and software
    • we’re not responsible for any difficulties in downloading and installing your browser or any software
Makes sense, but still odd with the test invitation that they're telling you to wait for which still 2 days after the scheduled time has not arrived... Glad either way I have all you fine people that gives excellent information so I could take the test despite not having received the invite email. :D Just hope it's not the same for the oath when it is time, since that is a bit harder to "guess" what time/place/link to use.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Makes sense, but still odd with the test invitation that they're telling you to wait for which still 2 days after the scheduled time has not arrived... Glad either way I have all you fine people that gives excellent information so I could take the test despite not having received the invite email. :D Just hope it's not the same for the oath when it is time, since that is a bit harder to "guess" what time/place/link to use.
Yeah for Oath we need an email for sure LO. Unless we just walk to an IRCC office and say YOO give me my citizenship now since i did not get an email :p:p:p:p:p:D:D That would be fun, i can actually walk to Scarbrough office and ask for mine, i live like 10 min aways from them LOL only if it was that easy

rdmindia

Nov 24, 2016
My BG completed on 21 Nov afterwards i did not hear anything from IRCC for test invites. I noticed people got the test invites after few days once BG completed. I do not know but looks like they kept my file in corner. Anyone having the same situation?
my AOR: 10 August
Tracker updated today to schedule citizenship test from Jan 6 to Jan 27.
AOR: Aug 10

Please update the sheet

rdmindia

Nov 24, 2016
Tracker updated today to schedule citizenship test from Jan 6 to Jan 27.
AOR: Aug 10

Please update the sheet
Anyone have any idea that can we take test at any authorized center because my wife is not Tech Savvy and she will need help to preform all test activities.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Anyone have any idea that can we take test at any authorized center because my wife is not Tech Savvy and she will need help to preform all test activities.
When you get the invite via email reply to them the email will have all the info you need, and they will schedule her for the in-person test, which can literally take forever you will be delaying your application until IRCC resumes in-person test (and they have NO date, so good luck with that)

rdmindia

Nov 24, 2016
When you get the invite via email reply to them the email will have all the info you need, and they will schedule her for the in-person test, which can literally take forever you will be delaying your application until IRCC resumes in-person test (and they have NO date, so good luck with that)
I believe it's worth to guide her rather than booking in person test

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
I believe it's worth to guide her rather than booking in person test
I 100% agree, you should help her to set up, and take her ID Photo etc, and once the test starts you leave and sll she needs to do it read and submit her test, you do not want her looking at you during the test or the cam seeing you as well etc.

wish you good luck, because if you do in person only god knows when IRCC will start that again, since they are still using COVID as an excuse for everything

Semeg

Oct 13, 2018

Thoughts?
Please can you share the test link. Also is your application paper or online. Thanks

rdmindia

Nov 24, 2016
I 100% agree, you should help her to set up, and take her ID Photo etc, and once the test starts you leave and sll she needs to do it read and submit her test, you do not want her looking at you during the test or the cam seeing you as well etc.

wish you good luck, because if you do in person only god knows when IRCC will start that again, since they are still using COVID as an excuse for everything
That's sound logical to me. at initial stage will guide her and once test start then leave the room.
Thank you once again for your help

Reactions: RefugeeHelp1