+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2022 Citizenship Applications

gaurangnshah

Star Member
Nov 21, 2015
NO Email of Updates

Who else is facing this issue, along with some other people I see update on my online tracker however, I have got no email. This is ridiculous. What If I get test invite and I missed it ?

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Appreciate that! Thank you for your response.

Well, I guess the bottleneck here is FP and apparently I wouldn't be able to proceed with FP submission without the letter! I also realized I can do the test as it appears to be independent from the information in the letter the email! But I asked this morning, the agent insisted that I should JUST WAIT and am unable to do anything to expedite the process!

Their system is obviously messed up, how come this is not automated and the email is not triggered with the changes of the status! Then you hear government paid millions of dollars to a software company who doesn't have a physical address to build ArriveCan!
LOL tell me about it, the amount of money they keep investing in IRCC, the issue is as a friend said, Citizenship is not a priority for IRCC because we already live and work here, so the investments go towards getting new folks into Canada.

There is a Manual i saw once i will try and find it, and that Manual shows us the process of what an Internal Agent needs to do when they want a letter to be sent, for example, i saw the one for the AoR, they have to change the status and then do a few other stuff in the GCMS system a long process just for the system to send out a letter in 24hrs after the agent does all that stuff, i think the difference here is these are sent Manually or f not the agent maybe did not go to the correspondence tab in GCMS and entered the relevant info for the system to send out the letter in the next batch when the automation runs and picks up file to email. anyways i wish you good luck i hope they get to it and send you the info by EOD, also if you know what office is processing your app you can send them an email as well if you have the contact info

Good luck

Reactions: RyanVan

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
NO Email of Updates

Who else is facing this issue, along with some other people I see update on my online tracker however, I have got no email. This is ridiculous. What If I get test invite and I missed it ?
The test window is 21 days, so if 72hrs pass and you do not have an email, they contact the office handling your file, or IRCC contact centre and they will send a note to the office processing your application. if you cannot get them Via phone, contact them via webform, and they will reset the test window for you, as it was not a fault of your own but an error with either their system or agent. no need to worry, its just frustrating that we wait so long for IRCC to annoy us even more :mad:

Also, use this Link https://ct-tc.apps.cic.gc.ca/? and enter your plication number an UCI and do your test, once your tracker update to test in process your info should be in that test system n you normally do not need the letter to do the test, and once done, then print the test and email the rest to your self

read the instructions here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/tutorial.html

Good luck

RyanVan

Aug 1, 2020
LOL tell me about it, the amount of money they keep investing in IRCC, the issue is as a friend said, Citizenship is not a priority for IRCC because we already live and work here, so the investments go towards getting new folks into Canada.

There is a Manual i saw once i will try and find it, and that Manual shows us the process of what an Internal Agent needs to do when they want a letter to be sent, for example, i saw the one for the AoR, they have to change the status and then do a few other stuff in the GCMS system a long process just for the system to send out a letter in 24hrs after the agent does all that stuff, i think the difference here is these are sent Manually or f not the agent maybe did not go to the correspondence tab in GCMS and entered the relevant info for the system to send out the letter in the next batch when the automation runs and picks up file to email. anyways i wish you good luck i hope they get to it and send you the info by EOD, also if you know what office is processing your app you can send them an email as well if you have the contact info

Good luck
Thanks.
Do you think the email instruction is required to submit the FP?

BM17

Mar 15, 2017
Hello Folks

Type: Online application
Application submitted: August 5, 2022
AOR: August 11, 2022

Fingerprint Request: Appears on Tracker as of Dec 19 - [NO emails yet - today is Dec 28]
Citizenship Test: Tracker says invited as of Dec 19 (test window Dec 28 - Jan 18) - [NO emails yet - today is Dec 28]

Honestly quite disappointed with the immigration system! I called them today to ask why I haven't received email instructions yet, they said the office has forgotten to send the email for citizenship text! Seriously!? They said they will send a message internally to the office and let them know that I still don't have email instructions!

The agent said "don't worry if you the test window gets expired! They will extend it for you!" Well, thank you!!!
I got fingerprint request on dec 20th but no email yet.

kart_84

Apr 5, 2019
Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1178
Application: Family(2Adults and 2 kids)
Application sent: Aug 19, 2022
Delivered: Aug 22, 2022
AOR: Aug 23, 2022
ECAS In Process: Nov 18, 2022
Background Complete: Nov 24, 2022 for my wife but not for me or my kids

I got a ghost update on same date as my wife but didnt get background complete till date. Also no test invite for me or my wife. Did anyone faced this or any clue on what could be the reason?
No fingerprint request so far.

rdmindia

Nov 24, 2016
Hello Folks

Fingerprint Request: Appears on Tracker as of Dec 19 - [NO emails yet - today is Dec 28]
Citizenship Test: Tracker says invited as of Dec 19 (test window Dec 28 - Jan 18) - [NO emails yet - today is Dec 28]

Honestly quite disappointed with the immigration system! I called them today to ask why I haven't received email instructions yet, they said the office has forgotten to send the email for citizenship text! Seriously!? They said they will send a message internally to the office and let them know that I still don't have email instructions!

The agent said "don't worry if you the test window gets expired! They will extend it for you!" Well, thank you!!!
Hello. How did you contact them. Could you please share the detail of e-mail or Phone number?
I wanted to contact them but do not know how to reach them.
if you could provide that would be great

Ranash

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
Physical Presence Days: 1178
Application: Family(2Adults and 2 kids)
Application sent: Aug 19, 2022
Delivered: Aug 22, 2022
AOR: Aug 23, 2022
ECAS In Process: Nov 18, 2022
Background Complete: Nov 24, 2022 for my wife but not for me or my kids

I got a ghost update on same date as my wife but didnt get background complete till date. Also no test invite for me or my wife. Did anyone faced this or any clue on what could be the reason?
No fingerprint request so far.
I am in the same situation, BG completed for my spouse but not for me, I also got ghost update on the same day my spouse BG completed
No test invitation yet

NASARIS

Star Member
Sep 10, 2018
Physical Presence Days: 1114
Application: Family(3)
Application sent: August 9
Delivered: August 12
AOR: August 17
Tracker: In progress August 18
ECAS: In Process Nov. 7
Background verification: complete Nov. 8
Tracker updated citizenship test Dec. 16
Received test email instructions Dec. 20 (test window Dec. 23 - Jan. 12)
Took the online citizenship test Dec. 28

Reactions: Helipatel42

RyanVan

Aug 1, 2020
Hello Folks

Quick Update:
Received the FP instruction in email today Dec 29!
Then, I submitted the FP within few hours!

Also, the document that is attached to the email is one of the requirement and without that document you won't be able to submit your FP.

• Love
Reactions: RefugeeHelp1