+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2022 Citizenship Applications

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Received the “Follow your application progress” email from IRCC today, one week after AOR.
OMG! I got this email, and was super happy and felt special, I thought I had some update on my application but I already created an account from the day after my AOR.

baltzly

Star Member
May 21, 2019
OMG! I got this email, and was super happy and felt special, I thought I had some update on my application but I already created an account from the day after my AOR.
Haha. I believe this a an automated email and doesn’t indicate any progress. I checked both ecas and the new tracker after receiving this email and nothing changed. My prediction is some of us August folks will see background verification completed and perhaps fingercheck request in 2 months from now.

Reactions: RefugeeHelp1

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Haha. I believe this a an automated email and doesn’t indicate any progress. I checked both ecas and the new tracker after receiving this email and nothing changed. My prediction is some of us August folks will see background verification completed and perhaps fingercheck request in 2 months from now.
Haha yeah nothing changed its an auto email for sure, I just got too excited by an IRCC email :D
fingers crossed for the background check complete I hope we all get our citizenship by Christmas as a great gift from IRCC lol we can only wish

baltzly

Star Member
May 21, 2019
Haha that is light speed if we get this done by this Christmas. I would feel lucky if I can complete the test by Christmas.

I’ve seen some cases done within 7-8 months, so I would be super happy if we get it by next March.

• Love

baltzly

Star Member
May 21, 2019
Maybe a naive question what is ECAS and "Citizenship Application Tracker"?
Ecas is the long existing system used to check application status. You could Google ecas login and you will be directed to that page. You can check your application status there by simply entering your information without registering for an account.

The new citizenship application tracker is a relatively new system developed specifically for applicants to track citizenship applications. It requires registration and you can register after you’ve received your AOR. Many people say the status in the new tracker is more up to date than the information in ecas.
I hope this helps:)

Reactions: Som_mitra

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Maybe a naive question what is ECAS and "Citizenship Application Tracker"?

1. Client Application Status
    1. This on-line service allows Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) clients to view securely the status of their immigration and/or citizenship application(s) on-line, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week; anytime, anywhere.
  2. Sign in to your status tracker
    1. You can register only after you receive your acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) letter by mail or email. If you haven’t received your AOR
Truth is they are both the same, the ECAS shows PR applications too whereas the status tracker only shows citizenship applications, and ECAS data is removed after a certain time as well status tracker is updated sooner that ecas as well

when they delete the info from ECAS
  • Permanent resident applications: 180 days after you arrive in Canada
  • Permanent resident card applications: 30 days after you get your card
  • Citizenship applications: 180 days after we make a decision
  • Visa applications: 365 days after you were refused, you withdrew or your application expired

Reactions: Som_mitra

Bob1321

Jul 8, 2017
Its funny seeing people who send the application by paper hope doing a test by Christmas and the ones who send by it Online hoping to have a test in August next year... I dont understand why they create two kind of processus if they cant respect the ones who apply first serve-basis...

Drapath88

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1.159
Application: Single
Application sent: August 07, 2022
Delivered:
AOR: August 15th, 2022

MacNy

Aug 23, 2022
Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days:1111
Application: Family of 4
Application sent: Aug 19
Delivered: Aug 22
AOR:

Flori-Ana

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1123.5
Application: Single
Application sent: August 13, 2022
Delivered: August 13, 2022
AOR: August 22, 2022

WarmIce

Nov 20, 2018
Hello everyone!!! Please I would like to confirm if anyone noticed this while completing their paper application form. The question 9a which states to enter “To” date from the calculator does not give the exact “From” date as that of the online presence calculator. There’s like a one day difference. For instance, the physical presence calculator gives 5 year eligibility period as August 24, 2017 to August 23, 2022 but the citizenship form gives a 5 year eligibility period of August 23, 2017 to August 23, 2022.
Is this the same for everyone or could this be from my own form? I have gone through it a number of times though following their instruction to the letter. I’ll appreciate the feedback.
Thanks

riaz137

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Saudi Arabia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-12-2017
Med's Done....
20-01-2018
Passport Req..
26-06-2018
Hello everyone!!! Please I would like to confirm if anyone noticed this while completing their paper application form. The question 9a which states to enter “To” date from the calculator does not give the exact “From” date as that of the online presence calculator. There’s like a one day difference. For instance, the physical presence calculator gives 5 year eligibility period as August 24, 2017 to August 23, 2022 but the citizenship form gives a 5 year eligibility period of August 23, 2017 to August 23, 2022.
Is this the same for everyone or could this be from my own form? I have gone through it a number of times though following their instruction to the letter. I’ll appreciate the feedback.
Thanks
+1

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Thanks
Yeah that is correct

The eligibility period is five (5) years before the date you sign your application. The minimum amount of time you need to be physically present in Canada is 1095 days within the five years immediately before applying. I highlighted the last part that is why it is the day b4 you sign, its the same for online applicants as well

WarmIce

Nov 20, 2018
Okay, I was expecting the 5-year eligibility period for the physical presence calculator to match the 5-year eligibility period generated by the citizenship form as well. The 1-day difference made me wonder if I was making a mistake on the form.
Thanks for responding.

(i.e. for both
Yeah that is correct

The eligibility period is five (5) years before the date you sign your application. The minimum amount of time you need to be physically present in Canada is 1095 days within the five years immediately before applying. I highlighted the last part that is why it is the day b4 you sign, its the same for online applicants as well