+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2022 Citizenship Applications

rdmindia

Nov 24, 2016
Type: paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1107
Application: Family (02 Adult, 01 minor)
Application sent: Aug 02, 2022
Delivered: Aug 7, 2022
AOR: Aug 10, 2022

CanMon

Star Member
Jul 28, 2022
Hi all,

I am new to the forum. I will be eligible for citizenship in Sep end 2022. I am applying single, do you advise to apply paper based or online.

I was seeing a trend in people who apply paper based are getting updates faster. I might be wrong.

Thank you.

Reactions: Can_Bee

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hi all,

I am new to the forum. I will be eligible for citizenship in Sep end 2022. I am applying single, do you advise to apply paper based or online.

I was seeing a trend in people who apply paper based are getting updates faster. I might be wrong.

Thank you.

You can read in this thread

2021-2022 Online Applicants

to see what folks are saying.

You can look at this document month over month and analyze the data to see and make your own choice.

My personal View is it all depends and everything is case by case I have friends who applied both ways and online was faster some paper was faster.

From what I read from couple of threads is, IRCC do not have enough case workers who are trained to work on Online applications. Because of this reason, there is a cap on number of applications they can process. My understanding is with time passing the cap will increase.

At the same time IRCC is planning to phase out paper based system, so naturally paper applications are getting higher preference.

if you want to paper application from the threads it’s better to pay separate application fees as you cannot use the fees you paid for online application until the online application is withdrawn.
There is also this post from @ramsaran2022 which i think is interesting and might also be true so i am not sure how to answer this. at the end of the day, the choice is yours

Good luck

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Just to follow up on my prev post as well. its interesting the data in the sheet i attached does show Paper applications move WAYYY faster actually so this might be true based on this data.

i do not see any online application done and i see alot of them from Jan paper that are done so maybe paper is indeed better based on this data alone in the tracker

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
Good day guys, I am putting together my application and will soon be with you all on the August list.

I feel like applying online but also see the paper applications being processed faster historically. We will see where I end up submitting it.

One question that I'm stuck on under prohibitions.

4. Are you now, or have you ever been, under a removal order (have you been asked by Canadian officials to leave Canada

I was technically never served a removal but when I did previously apply for a refugee application I was given a conditional departure order, which then came into effect when the claim was denied. We also ended up applying through family afterwards and got my PR.
I wanted to understand the question before I end up messing it up.

I'm selecting to say Yes then explain that I'm not under any removal orders but have had a conditional one before which was put aside and then nullified when I became a permanent resident. Any how, I have spent a lot of time thinking about this question and even delayed my application by a lot, but I intend to submit it within this week.

Thanks for reading, any input or experience is appreciated.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Good day guys, I am putting together my application and will soon be with you all on the August list.

I feel like applying online but also see the paper applications being processed faster historically. We will see where I end up submitting it.

One question that I'm stuck on under prohibitions.

4. Are you now, or have you ever been, under a removal order (have you been asked by Canadian officials to leave Canada

I was technically never served a removal but when I did previously apply for a refugee application I was given a conditional departure order, which then came into effect when the claim was denied. We also ended up applying through family afterwards and got my PR.
I wanted to understand the question before I end up messing it up.

I'm selecting to say Yes then explain that I'm not under any removal orders but have had a conditional one before which was put aside and then nullified when I became a permanent resident. Any how, I have spent a lot of time thinking about this question and even delayed my application by a lot, but I intend to submit it within this week.

Thanks for reading, any input or experience is appreciated.
You are correct, the answer would be yes and then explain why it's yes and upload additional document sections for any document you have to support.

Good luck and can't wait for you to join us in the applied boat

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hello:

I received my AOR in August 17.
ECAS still says "Application Received"

Thanks!
Got y AOR 18 and it still does not even show up in ECAS not even that it was received o_O but I did sign up for the status tracker on the 19th so I don't care about ECAS

ramsaran2022

Jan 6, 2022
Hello:

I received my AOR in August 17.
ECAS still says "Application Received"

Thanks!
It is going to take approximately 1 month to move to In Process in ECAS.

Right now people who applied by paper and received AOR in early July are In proces.

New_Fighter

Sep 23, 2018
Hi Friends, I am trying to submit my Citizenship application right now . I am almost done but I stuck in the fee payment step!. the payment pages shows "HTTP Status 404error". I tried to access the page using different devices and still have the same issue not sure what's wrong!. does anybody experience the same ?

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hi Friends, I am trying to submit my Citizenship application right now . I am almost done but I stuck in the fee payment step!. the payment pages shows "HTTP Status 404error". I tried to access the page using different devices and still have the same issue not sure what's wrong!. does anybody experience the same ?
It's down for me too, maybe they are doing some updates try again tomorrow hopefully it works then. :)

Reactions: New_Fighter

Bob1321

Jul 8, 2017
Hello,

I received AOR today but I can't create an account on the tracker and they dont see my file in Ecas.
What i'm doing wrong?