+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2022 Citizenship Applications

th1ru

Jul 9, 2018
I'm filing a paper application and I'm not sure how to print the application form. It opens ONLY in acrobat and if I open it any other way I get the generic error message. Is printing from Acrobat Reader the ONLY way to print the form?

WhereAmIQc

Star Member
Jun 3, 2022
I'm filing a paper application and I'm not sure how to print the application form. It opens ONLY in acrobat and if I open it any other way I get the generic error message. Is printing from Acrobat Reader the ONLY way to print the form?

You have to use Acrobat reader to fill the form and then use the VALIDATE button on the first/last page of the form to validate you have filled the form correctly. If it is correctly filled, the VALIDATE button will generate pages with barcodes. You can SAVE the document at anytime. But you need to validate the document to have the barcodes. Otherwise IRCC will not accept your application. That's why you have to use Acrobat to fill it up, validate and then print the application.

You can go here for more information on the adult application https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-canadian-citizenship-adults.html

Hope this helps

Rizjin

Nov 18, 2021
Hi

I received AOR and when I try to register with UCI and application number for tracker it says wrong details. Do I need to wait days before I-can register

Californiacicle

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Guelph, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-20-2013
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1,787 (Though I've been in Canada since 2009 and PR since 2013)
Application: Single
Application sent: 8/14/2022
Delivered: 8/14/2022
AOR:

brave heart 100

May 9, 2018
Hi everyone.
I applied online a week ago.
I read in forum that online applications very very slow and paper is very fast.
Do I have to withdraw and apply again on paper?

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hi everyone.
I applied online a week ago.
I read in forum that online applications very very slow and paper is very fast.
Do I have to withdraw and apply again on paper?

This is not particularly true, I have a few of my friends who applied last year 2 of them who applied online are already Canadian took 9 months for the full processing for 1 and 11 months for the other one, and 3 of them that applied on paper still processing and 1 of the 3 did the test last week and the other 2 who applied on paper still processing, and it's now 12.5 months, so not always true, processing time, as usual, is very much a finger crossed game with IRCC.

Also, you can definitely take your application back if you want here are some articles from the IRCC help centre
Good Luck :)

brave heart 100

May 9, 2018
This is not particularly true, I have a few of my friends who applied last year 2 of them who applied online are already Canadian took 9 months for the full processing for 1 and 11 months for the other one, and 3 of them that applied on paper still processing and 1 of the 3 did the test last week and the other 2 who applied on paper still processing, and it's now 12.5 months, so not always true, processing time, as usual, is very much a finger crossed game with IRCC.

Also, you can definitely take your application back if you want here are some articles from the IRCC help centre
Thank you so much

brave heart 100

May 9, 2018

Could you check this topic please:
2021-2022 Online Applicants

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Could you check this topic please:
2021-2022 Online Applicants
It's 10 pages long, is there something specific that I am looking for?

or do you just want me to read what other online applicants feel is a longer process?

if so, as I said, this is not always true on paper or online, you may get it sooner or later, some folks on paper take longer some online take longer, I do not think there is any real analysis, at least none I have seen with a large data set that can be used to compare.

Processing time with the government is not reliable at all.

I feel if IRCC is treated like other companies that we pay for a service and expect some sort of regular update or good customer service it would be better, but unfortunately its just how the government is and they will continue to blame COVID-19 and now we have MonkeyPx on the rise so who knows what the next 12 months will bring.

Also, let's say you withdraw your application now, what is the timeline for them to approve the withdrawal? and then you have to apply again and wait again for a new AOR let's say it takes 3 months to withdraw, that is 3 months that you lost.

The good thing is you are a PR so hopefully, there is no rush to be Canadian unless you wanna vote and the next election is like in 4 years lol so you will be wellll done by that time...........hopefully :p

is there a reason you are stressed about it taking long?? why do you care about how long it takes to process since you are a PR who can work travel live and do whatever basically and is not limited by a TRV or Work permit etc?

ramsaran2022

Jan 6, 2022
From what I read from couple of threads is, IRCC do not have enough case workers who are trained to work on Online applications. Because of this reason, there is a cap on number of applications they can process. My understanding is with time passing the cap will increase.

At the same time IRCC is planning to phase out paper based system, so naturally paper applications are getting higher preference.

if you want to paper application from the threads it’s better to pay separate application fees as you cannot use the fees you paid for online application until the online application is withdrawn.

or do you just want me to read what other online applicants feel is a longer process?

if so, as I said, this is not always true on paper or online, you may get it sooner or later, some folks on paper take longer some online take longer, I do not think there is any real analysis, at least none I have seen with a large data set that can be used to compare.

I feel if IRCC is treated like other companies that we pay for a service and expect some sort of regular update or good customer service it would be better, but unfortunately its just how the government is and they will continue to blame COVID-19 and now we have MonkeyPx on the rise so who knows what the next 12 months will bring.

Also, let's say you withdraw your application now, what is the timeline for them to approve the withdrawal? and then you have to apply again and wait again for a new AOR let's say it takes 3 months to withdraw, that is 3 months that you lost.

The good thing is you are a PR so hopefully, there is no rush to be Canadian unless you wanna vote and the next election is like in 4 years lol so you will be wellll done by that time...........hopefully :p

is there a reason you are stressed about it taking long?? why do you care about how long it takes to process since you are a PR who can work travel live and do whatever basically and is not limited by a TRV or Work permit etc?

Reactions: ripujit

brave heart 100

May 9, 2018

Tank you so much brother.
I really appreciate it.

Reactions: ripujit
Aug 16, 2022
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1130
Application: Single
Application sent: Aug 6, 2022
Delivered: Aug 6, 2022
AOR: Aug 15, 2022