+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2022 Citizenship Applications

Xtreme Innovations

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Hello all
Does it seem like work on August 2022 application has slowed down? Going through the forum I realised applicants in September 2022 and onward have seen more progress...?
Did the test in January..last update in March 2...and nothing else since then...
Are there many August applicants still waiting for updates?

mitiriki

May 26, 2019
Hello all
Does it seem like work on August 2022 application has slowed down? Going through the forum I realised applicants in September 2022 and onward have seen more progress...?
Did the test in January..last update in March 2...and nothing else since then...
I’m in the same situation, no update after March 2. Called IRCC twice and there wasn’t any request in my application

wasda_punjab

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
Background complete and no test is weird. I hope you checking your tracker and email regularly and did not miss test invite.
You should call IRCC and check with them.
thinking of doing that, but its not gonna result in anything, call center is different than officers actually processing the file, no email received so far though, my wife applied for the same day she already is a citizen now

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
thinking of doing that, but its not gonna result in anything, call center is different than officers actually processing the file, no email received so far though, my wife applied for the same day she already is a citizen now
I can understand application stuck in Background verification. But not getting test invite for such a long time is not right. Somewhere they have missed you in inviting for test. Would need a nudge from your side. Call, raise a webform. That would bring it to there notice.

e_ash

Jun 24, 2019
Hello all
Yes - AOR Aug 2022, BG check completed in Dec 2022, did the test and updated March 7, 2023 and no update since..

hkencanada

Sep 6, 2022
same boat here. completed test early Feb then ghost update on Mar 2. nothing since then. very simple application with no travel record / outside Canada in the last 3 years. unsure why it's taking IRCC so long to verify info like this.

reemwael

Mar 1, 2017
I can understand application stuck in Background verification. But not getting test invite for such a long time is not right. Somewhere they have missed you in inviting for test. Would need a nudge from your side. Call, raise a webform. That would bring it to there notice.
Why do you think background verification can be stuck for long? It seems the thing that is finished first usually. I'm asking because my husband has his stuck "in progress" and he applied in September so I'm wondering if this is more common than I thought?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Why do you think background verification can be stuck for long? It seems the thing that is finished first usually. I'm asking because my husband has his stuck "in progress" and he applied in September so I'm wondering if this is more common than I thought?
It's the first thing that's done when your name does not pop up in there initial search. If it does then -
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/post-6082868

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/post-6082869

Californiacicle

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Guelph, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-20-2013
Hello all
Yep, seems like forever without any update.

Alberto70

Star Member
Nov 6, 2011
Same here.
AOR: Aug 2022
Background check: Dec 2022
Citizenship test: March 2022
LPP: In progress
Office: Scarborough

:'(