+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 Outland spousal Sponsorship.

twinmama15

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
Yeah it’s frustrating waiting, I can see my updates online using my UCI but there’s been no movement at all from Oct 20th. I guess we continue to wait

Reactions: mrpraz17

ramekris3163

Sep 8, 2021
yup. my application was received on 6th Aug, AOR1 8th Oct . Nothing after that. Can't even find my application in ECAS . Its going really slow for August applicants for some reason.
You should get it soon. We submitted ours on 4th Aug. Received AOR1 on 6th Oct and SA on 4th Nov. You will receive it soon don't worry.

Reactions: mrpraz17

c_m_m

Nov 4, 2021
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
12-08-2021
AOR Received.
28-10-2021
Med's Request
08-12-2021
Med's Done....
22-12-2021
Passport Req..
09-02-2022
Hello everyone, just adding in our case to the mix, here are the details so far:

(Paper) app received: 12th Aug
ECAS in progress for me (PA): 27th Oct
AOR1: 28th Oct

I live in the outer hebrides - have just moved from England and unfortunately had to leave my job behind. Husband is a born Canadian citizen and we have no children or anyone else in the mix.

May I ask if people have their BIL yet, and if yes how long did it take after AOR? I want to visit my husband ASAP as I am currently jobless, and this is our first opportunity for a longer visit since we started seeing each other. My understading is I won't be able to give biometrics in Canada as an outland visitor so we are waiting for BIL first. Is this the right call ?

Wishing you all good luck. ♥

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello everyone, just adding in our case to the mix, here are the details so far:

(Paper) app received: 12th Aug
ECAS in progress for me (PA): 27th Aug
AOR1: 28th Oct

I live in the outer hebrides - have just moved from England and unfortunately had to leave my job behind. Husband is a born Canadian citizen and we have no children or anyone else in the mix.

May I ask if people have their BIL yet, and if yes how long did it take after AOR? I want to visit my husband ASAP as I am currently jobless, and this is our first opportunity for a longer visit since we started seeing each other. My understading is I won't be able to give biometrics in Canada as an outland visitor so we are waiting for BIL first. Is this the right call ?

Wishing you all good luck. ♥
You can give biometrics and medicals anywhere in the world, subject only to availability of slots and COVID issues.

c_m_m

Nov 4, 2021
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
12-08-2021
AOR Received.
28-10-2021
Med's Request
08-12-2021
Med's Done....
22-12-2021
Passport Req..
09-02-2022
You can give biometrics and medicals anywhere in the world, subject only to availability of slots and COVID issues.
Hi, thank you so much for a quick response. I have been able to verify that I can give medicals from inside Canada as I have contacted some clinics, however it is extremely difficult to verify about the biometrics. Is there any official source you can point me to that would verify this? Or any organisation my husband and I could call?

Edit - I have seen from other threads I could give Bios from other countries like US, but I'm currently not set up with an ESTA and I'm not interested in renewing that & crossing border to US unless I absolutely have to. Everything I've read has specifically said giving bios inside Canada not an option for outland PR, only very specific circumstances. Would be pleased if corrected on this though!

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi, thank you so much for a quick response. I have been able to verify that I can give medicals from inside Canada as I have contacted some clinics, however it is extremely difficult to verify about the biometrics. Is there any official source you can point me to that would verify this? Or any organisation my husband and I could call?

Edit - I have seen from other threads I could give Bios from other countries like US, but I'm currently not set up with an ESTA and I'm not interested in renewing that & crossing border to US unless I absolutely have to. Everything I've read has specifically said giving bios inside Canada not an option for outland PR, only very specific circumstances. Would be pleased if corrected on this though!
Service Canada locations. Don't know what sites you are reading, this is direct off govt of Canada site.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/where-to-give-biometrics.asp

c_m_m

Nov 4, 2021
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
12-08-2021
AOR Received.
28-10-2021
Med's Request
08-12-2021
Med's Done....
22-12-2021
Passport Req..
09-02-2022
Service Canada locations. Don't know what sites you are reading, this is direct off govt of Canada site.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/where-to-give-biometrics.asp
Threads from this site, mentioning having to travel to USA or their home countries while visiting Canada. My husband is going to call the service Canada line tomorrow as I won't travel without confirmation they will take me... thought he had done this but turns out he was calling IRCC direct instead (we all know how fruitless that is LOL).

• Haha
Reactions: msjcg

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Threads from this site, mentioning having to travel to USA or their home countries while visiting Canada. My husband is going to call the service Canada line tomorrow as I won't travel without confirmation they will take me... thought he had done this but turns out he was calling IRCC direct instead (we all know how fruitless that is LOL).
Could try the booking function. Some were closed for a while with COVID so perhaps that's why people thought this.

c_m_m

Nov 4, 2021
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
12-08-2021
AOR Received.
28-10-2021
Med's Request
08-12-2021
Med's Done....
22-12-2021
Passport Req..
09-02-2022
Could try the booking function. Some were closed for a while with COVID so perhaps that's why people thought this.
Thank you, I think one thread was from 2015 so it's possible it was outdated info too. I have the option to book with service Canada but I'm worried about eligibility. It's an 8 hr flight back to the VAC in the UK and plus added expense of testing for COVID and hotels, I'm really anxious about getting to Canada and having to go straight back. Would rather wait an extra few weeks to travel if that were the case. Hopefully we get confirmation from Service Canada tomorrow and can plan accordingly. Thanks for your help.