+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 Outland spousal Sponsorship.

Muthu04

Jan 27, 2022
I got two ghost updates. one was last month when my web form got answered and another update was on yesterday. But nothing updated in my profile. It's really frustrating as all the checks was completed by February itself ☹. Is anyone on the same boat!?

wippetywu

Jul 11, 2021
Taipei
Any applicants from Quebec, waiting to get their CSQ?
@nuo I just saw this post... I applied to sponsor my husband to immigrate to Quebec. We live in Taipei, so our visa office should be Hong Kong.

I'm a little worried that we haven't heard anything from Quebec regarding our CSQ application (which we mailed on Dec 20), though I see from my credit card statement that they charged me on January 21. Shouldn't they notify me about receiving our application? Do they only send things by snail mail?

We also got a letter on March 9 from IRCC asking us to send them our CSQ (?!). Has anyone gotten such a request letter? I'm very confused, since I thought the IRCC would get the CSQ directly from Quebec. We have been patiently waiting, presuming that our CSQ via snail mail would take a while to reach here, but I'm starting to worry...

Anyone have a similar experience?

Last edited:

Hasoso

Star Member
Oct 18, 2021
They changed processing time to 20 months damn it. Waiting for background check, COPR & visa.

bbmoi

Star Member
Aug 8, 2021
@nuo I just saw this post... I applied to sponsor my husband to immigrate to Quebec. We live in Taipei, so our visa office should be Hong Kong.

I'm a little worried that we haven't heard anything from Quebec regarding our CSQ application (which we mailed on Dec 20), though I see from my credit card statement that they charged me on January 21. Shouldn't they notify me about receiving our application? Do they only send things by snail mail?

We also got a letter on March 9 from IRCC asking us to send them our CSQ (?!). Has anyone gotten such a request letter? I'm very confused, since I thought the IRCC would get the CSQ directly from Quebec. We have been patiently waiting, presuming that our CSQ via snail mail would take a while to reach here, but I'm starting to worry...

Anyone have a similar experience?
Don't bother much about that. I was expecting my wife's acceptance mail early May but it came today after three failed attempts. Medical exam was done last October, so she has only Biometrics (We got the BIL today as well) to do and wait for decision. We have linked the application and medical exam is passed. YES! By the way I'm traveling next month to see her and IRCC knows about this trip and when I am coming back...who knows....

Last edited:

fatinek

Apr 23, 2022
hi everyone,

i sent my application (paper) to IRCC in august 16, 2021 spouse sponsorship outland . i didn't received my AOR yet ! I don't know if i still need to wait or should i sent another application ?

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
hi everyone,

i sent my application (paper) to IRCC in august 16, 2021 spouse sponsorship outland . i didn't received my AOR yet ! I don't know if i still need to wait or should i sent another application ?
It's nearly impossible that you're still waiting for AOR. Many possibilities of what could have happened here:

1- Your application was returned as incomplete, and it got lost in the mail for example.
2- Your AOR was sent to you, but the email address had a mistake or it went to your spam and got deleted.
3- Your application never arrived at IRCC for example.
4- Your application was never opened by IRCC (again, it's very unlikely but still a possibility no matter how small it is.)

Start by a process of elimination, check your application to make sure your contact info were sent correctly. Check your email again (both PA and Sponsor). Call IRCC and ask if they can find it based on the sponsor's UCI. Speak to your MP, they can help in asking IRCC about your application. But if all else fails, send a new one.

fatinek

Apr 23, 2022
i think that my application never arrived at IRCC or was never opened by them. i want to sent another application, should try the online process ? or stick to the old one and sent a paper application ??

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
i think that my application never arrived at IRCC or was never opened by them. i want to sent another application, should try the online process ? or stick to the old one and sent a paper application ??
How do you know it never arrived? Did you send it with mail tracking?
I think it's important to rule out all cases before sending a new one. If I were you I would send an online one given your experience so far with paper applications is unreliable.

Asinai marion

Jan 22, 2020
Uganda
Category........
Other
hi everyone,

We are also in the same boat .Application received by IRCC on 09th August 2021 . No AOR upto now we contacted the MP and we were able to only get temporary file number .We were told it’s under check

Reactions: fatinek

fatinek

Apr 23, 2022
We are also in the same boat .Application received by IRCC on 09th August 2021 . No AOR upto now we contacted the MP and we were able to only get temporary file number .We were told it’s under check
Can you please tell me how did you contacted your MP ? It was via email or did you call him ?

Dixit patel

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
I got two ghost updates. one was last month when my web form got answered and another update was on yesterday. But nothing updated in my profile. It's really frustrating as all the checks was completed by February itself ☹. Is anyone on the same boat!?
We are in the same boat. We receive ghost updates on our PR tracker every week but don't see any actual updates. What visa office is processing your file??

Muthu04

Jan 27, 2022
We are in the same boat. We receive ghost updates on our PR tracker every week but don't see any actual updates. What visa office is processing your file??
PR tracker update is some system update we can't rely on that. If there is some ghost update in your gckey file then it means some process is going on in the background. Our file is processed in Ottawa VO after 2.5 months of prearrival we got PPR on April 26..