+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

NBFamBam

Star Member
Feb 6, 2022
Your application is sent to local office ( majority of the time where you live but can be sent to other place as well if they have a ton on load ). You get to know the local office once you get the test invite, some 3 letter abbreviation in the email id tells you.
Out of curiousity, i checked the email invite they sent to me before but cant find anything that may look like a local office—- or is it something on their email address say if you cant take the test or need to reschedule? But do you think applicants in atlantic region will be automatically processed in Sydney NS?

Last edited:

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
Out of curiousity, i checked the email invite they sent to me before but cant find anything that may look like a local office—- or is it something on their email address say if you cant take the test or need to reschedule? But do you think applicants in atlantic region will be automatically processed in Sydney NS?
maybe / maybe not , who knows but do you mind sharing the email id you got the test invite from.

umarr.cole

Nov 21, 2013
That's probably the Yellowknife office in Northwest Territories usually responsible for applications from Yukon, Nunavut, The Northwest Territories itself and few applications applications from Northern Manitoba and Saskatchewan.

I am assuming you reside in one of the afore-mentioned places.
i moved to Toronto

Auror888

Feb 17, 2022
How do you know if you need fingerprint request? Do you need to go to the office location for that? What if you already provided for fingerprint for PR? Thank you.

cnapo

Nov 22, 2021
hey guys ,i just completed my citinznship online exam. does anyone know when our online tracker will be updated? i noticed that the test link is still accessible (even though i finished my test) and wondering if other ppl noticed the same issue. , thanks.

Reactions: pvarma

pvarma

Star Member
May 4, 2017
hey guys ,i just completed my citinznship online exam. does anyone know when our online tracker will be updated? i noticed that the test link is still accessible (even though i finished my test) and wondering if other ppl noticed the same issue. , thanks.
It took 10 days for me, 2 days for my friend and months for few people over here

Reactions: cnapo

hassan09

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw Ex Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
2nd AOR :19.04.2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16.02.2013, Remedicals for kids (15.02.2014)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
Planning for October 2014
guess it really depends mine in 2 days, others in the span of week to two!

Reactions: cnapo

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
I applied online at that time cause I read an article that online is faster hehe... also the same for some other fed gov agencies... but I guess it depends? Since now, it appears like paper applications are moving faster. But I agree, just need to be patient. I wonder how others are able to talk to officers though since I can't get through the calls and it's always the same voice prompt to wait lol
Yeah it depends. IRCC flip flops all the time. Sometimes they're fast sometimes they're slow. Sometimes they process online applications faster and other times paper. Can't really tell but right now they're processing paper faster so whoever applied by paper in the last 6 months got lucky. Also it depends on a case by case basis and how simple/complex your application is. You can reach to officers but you have to keep trying but anyways they aren't being very helpful they can't answer general questions they'll always guide you to the website because they are focusing on the situation in Ukraine now (used to be Afghanistan and COVID-19 earlier)