+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

DeBaPh

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
@Kuchbhi & @Horus_88

Both of your points make sense.

Following is my take and its just a guess.

Applications are probably prioritized on the basis of when the fees is actually paid.

For example: if a paper applicant paid fees and sent the application on 1st day of the month and it was received by IRCC on 4th day of the month. I think, IRCC will still prioritize the paper applicant over anyone who applied online on 4th day of the month because the paper applicant actually paid the fees on 1st.

I think the fee payment receipt decides who gets prioritized and on the basis of above, its fair to process paper applications first as they paid and started the process before online applicant.

Probably that’s why IRCC asks for fee receipt to be included with all applications.

This is just a thought and there is no proof to support the idea.

@Kuchbhi & @Horus_88

Both of your points make sense.

Following is my take and its just a guess.

Applications are probably prioritized on the basis of when the fees is actually paid.

For example: if a paper applicant paid fees and sent the application on 1st day of the month and it was received by IRCC on 4th day of the month. I think, IRCC will still prioritize the paper applicant over anyone who applied online on 4th day of the month because the paper applicant actually paid the fees on 1st.

I think the fee payment receipt decides who gets prioritized and on the basis of above, its fair to process paper applications first as they paid and started the process before online applicant.

Probably that’s why IRCC asks for fee receipt to be included with all applications.

This is just a thought and there is no proof to support the idea.
So, that seems like a valid possibility. BUT:
1. IRCC would not know if the fee receipt is for citizenship prior to AOR (Source). In other words: IRCC would not associate the fee receipt to the application prior to actually receiving the application (and thereby sending AOR once deemed complete). So, AOR priority is not done based on fee receipt.
2. Post-AOR, maybe - but in that case, one can game the system because fee receipts don't have an expiry date per se. It would be as if I landed in Canada today as PR and immediately paid the fees to get the fee receipt just to get high priority when applying for citizenship later (assuming the fee amount does not change in that time).

Basically, only IRCC knows how they prioritize our applications internally :)

Reactions: Horus_88 and DeBaPh

DeBaPh

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
So, that seems like a valid possibility. BUT:
1. IRCC would not know if the fee receipt is for citizenship prior to AOR (Source). In other words: IRCC would not associate the fee receipt to the application prior to actually receiving the application (and thereby sending AOR once deemed complete). So, AOR priority is not done based on fee receipt.
2. Post-AOR, maybe - but in that case, one can game the system because fee receipts don't have an expiry date per se. It would be as if I landed in Canada today as PR and immediately paid the fees to get the fee receipt just to get high priority when applying for citizenship later (assuming the fee amount does not change in that time).

Basically, only IRCC knows how they prioritize our applications internally :)
Well, I thought that as IRCC asks us to send in fee payment receipts with all applications, probably that decides the order of processing and applications are queued up accordingly for immigration officers to verify whether an application is complete or not. And thereafter issue AORs for complete applications, be it online or paper.

Although @sid8tive, you are completely right that it’s difficult to predict IRCCs application processing regime and we can just sit back & wait for their responses.

Fingers crossed and I hope that August 2021 applications start moving by end of September

Reactions: 8494193

maple321

Jul 25, 2017
AOR Received.
12-07-2017
Hi Everyone,

Type: Paper
Physical presence:1095
Application: Family (4)
Application sent: August 6, 2021
Application delivered: August 9, 2021

Admin please add me in the google sheet.

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Kanedaa

bono1

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 06, 2014
AOR Received.
Mar. 06, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar. 13, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov. 12, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jun. 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jul. 02, 2014
LANDED..........
Sept. 11, 2014
Hi, Please add me to the spreadsheet

Physical presence:1392
Application: Single
Application sent: August 25, 2021
Application delivered: August 30, 2021

Thanks

Lollie

Jun 26, 2016
Hello everyone, so far this is my status

App. Type: Single
Physical presence days: 1,168
App. Sent: Aug 15, 2021
App. Delivered: Aug 17, 2021

Gio1908

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Hello everyone,

Is good to be back in this website (forum).

I applied for Spouse sponsorship 4 years ago and now is time to be back and apply for Canadian citizenship.

I am a little late in this forum. Here are my details and can be added to the spreadsheet..

Application type: Online
Physical presence:1461 days
Application: Single
Application sent: August 24, 2021
Application received: August 24, 2021

Please add my details to the sheet.

Thank you

Ps. It would be great to have a WhatsApp group as well.

Last edited:

Kuchbhi

Jul 16, 2017
Basically all members in this group are in a holding pattern until Nov i guess? As per IRCC, in week of 9th Sept, they mentioned they are starting processing on applications received week of May 20 (updated 31 Aug).

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Basically all members in this group are in a holding pattern until Nov i guess? As per IRCC, in week of 9th Sept, they mentioned they are starting processing on applications received week of May 20 (updated 31 Aug).
Might see some movements starting by next month. Some June applicants have already started receiving the iAoRs

Last edited:

Benito2

Aug 11, 2021
hey folks, I submitted my online application in August, im currently not in Canada, but my permanent address is in Toronto. I wonder if folks have any idea where my application will be processed? Toronto?
Also, you know when you sign it in the end and they ask you where you're signing the application, well what I wrote is a city outside of Canada, which is the true. It's just making me a little bit anxious but from what I understand, as long as I have eligibility, I can apply from outside of Canada. Correct?

Any input would be appreciated. thanks!

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
hey folks, I submitted my online application in August, im currently not in Canada, but my permanent address is in Toronto. I wonder if folks have any idea where my application will be processed? Toronto?
Also, you know when you sign it in the end and they ask you where you're signing the application, well what I wrote is a city outside of Canada, which is the true. It's just making me a little bit anxious but from what I understand, as long as I have eligibility, I can apply from outside of Canada. Correct?

As far as i know it is better to be in Canada when you apply for citizenship else it can cause a significant amount of delay. Most likey your file will be processed in Toronto. maybe @rajkamalmohanram can shed some more light on it.

Gio1908

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Just to start a conversation while us August applicants waiting.

What are your thoughts of paper vs online application?

For me it seems online is better. Less mistakes likely to happen.

On the other side, some applicants are saying that is faster by paper. I am not sure if that is true..

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

Not 100% of this but if you are applying from outside Canada, that might add some additional scrutiny to the file, specifically in the areas of "physical presence" and "residence".

Please keep us posted on how it goes. Also, there should be other people on the forum that applied for citizenship grant from outside Canada. You can discuss with them to see how their applications were processed.

Good luck!

tugi

Dec 8, 2018
Hi all,

Haven't been around a while, glad I found this again. :)

Please add me to the spreadsheet;

Physical presence:1097
Application: Family (3)
Application sent: August 26, 2021
Application delivered: August 30, 2021

Thank you and good luck everyone! ;)