+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello

I have some questions regarding online application. I was about to submit the application but I thought I'd browse this forum to see if I missed something and looks I have indeed overlooked something. Any advise will be greatly appreciated. I don't think I can look at this application anymore.

1. History of immigration and citizenship status -The application guide (Q13) states that one has to state the status held (student, employment/worker, refugee/protected person, permanent resident or citizen) in any other country than Canada.
However, I saw in one of the forum somewhere, which has a link to tweet from IRCC showing that we have to disclose all status, EVEN as a tourist. So does that mean, I have to disclose each and every vacation/holiday I took in my entire life as there is no 5 years period mention in this question? Of course, the absence is shown in the Physical Presence Calculator but even in this section?

IRCC tweet:
2. Document checklist: Do I have to fill this and submit it in additional documents?
Earlier this month I submitted my application. I had to list all the visas including visit, work visas since the beginning under Question 13
I attached an LoE as well explaining it in detail as I had multiple German visit visa in the last 8-9 years, multiple on arrival visit visas in Qatar. Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait over the last 13-14 years

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi , lm planning to send my application on Tuesday, l have a question , if someone can help me
1. With question No 5. Have you ever used any other name. If we didnt use any other names, should we leave this section blank or write N/A.

If you do not have a given name, leave this field blank. Do not enter “*”, “Not applicable” or “NA”.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#Step4

2. Do we have to send color copy of all the pages of passport .

Online application asks for only Passport Bio page.
Paper application requires all pages including bio, visa and blank pages colour copy

Thank you

Kathmandu23

Dec 15, 2017
Earlier this month I submitted my application. I had to list all the visas including visit, work visas since the beginning under Question 13
I attached an LoE as well explaining it in detail as I had multiple German visit visa in the last 8-9 years, multiple on arrival visit visas in Qatar. Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait over the last 13-14 years
Thank you so much for replying.

Oh how fun! Just as I thought I was done. So how do I fill the form? Most of the visitor visa I had was single entry although the "expiry date" is later than the date I left. In this case, should I just use the date I left the country? I only have the US visa that still has not expired yet. I have travelled there 3 times so far. For the US, should I just put down the start and end date of the visa instead of listing each and every visit?

Also did you submit Document checklist as an additional documents? I just ask to confirm as I think this is required only for paper application.

Everything I think I am done, I find something in my application. It never ends! Thank again for helping me out!

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thank you so much for replying.

Oh how fun! Just as I thought I was done. So how do I fill the form? Most of the visitor visa I had was single entry although the "expiry date" is later than the date I left. In this case, should I just use the date I left the country? I only have the US visa that still has not expired yet. I have travelled there 3 times so far. For the US, should I just put down the start and end date of the visa instead of listing each and every visit?

Also did you submit Document checklist as an additional documents? I just ask to confirm as I think this is required only for paper application.

Everything I think I am done, I find something in my application. It never ends! Thank again for helping me out!
I just sent you a message privately about this on how I tackled this Question
I submitted paper application hence I had to submit the document checklist.

Reactions: kari1133

kari1133

Aug 15, 2021
Hello

I have some questions regarding online application. I was about to submit the application but I thought I'd browse this forum to see if I missed something and looks I have indeed overlooked something. Any advise will be greatly appreciated. I don't think I can look at this application anymore.

1. History of immigration and citizenship status -The application guide (Q13) states that one has to state the status held (student, employment/worker, refugee/protected person, permanent resident or citizen) in any other country than Canada.
However, I saw in one of the forum somewhere, which has a link to tweet from IRCC showing that we have to disclose all status, EVEN as a tourist. So does that mean, I have to disclose each and every vacation/holiday I took in my entire life as there is no 5 years period mention in this question? Of course, the absence is shown in the Physical Presence Calculator but even in this section?

IRCC tweet:
2. Document checklist: Do I have to fill this and submit it in additional documents?
Following. Thanks for asking. Also from Dubai with multiple visits to Dubai and other countries, so had the same question

kari1133

Aug 15, 2021
I just sent you a message privately about this on how I tackled this Question
I submitted paper application hence I had to submit the document checklist.
Hi Abbas, would you mind sharing the response with me as well as I'm exactly in the same boat with residence visas from the UAE and multiple visits to other countries. Thanks in advance!

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Hi all,

As I can't access the Google Doc, might as well throw my hat into the ring! Please add the below to the tracker:

Type: Online Application
Physical Presence Days: 1096.5
Application: Single
Application sent: Aug 22,2021
Delivered: August 22, 2021

Also, to answer the question regarding passport pages, I concur with what's been said before. The online application I just submitted didn't have any request for anything aside from the bio page. Unsure why that differs from the paper version.

However, I didn't add my passport pages in additional docs simply because almost all of my international travel the past 5 years has been cross border between the US and Canada (with the exception of one trip to the UAE and India). I've never had my passport stamped for US-Canada travel, so I wouldn't have had much to add anyways.

Why do I have the sense this is going to take much longer than getting my PR a few years back?

Matt
Added to tracker

LSC

Dec 3, 2017
Type: Paper Application
Physical Presence Days: 1193
Application: Single
Application sent: Aug 10, 2021
Delivered: August 13, 2021
AOR: August 20, 2021

URGENT PROCESSING !

please add me to the spread sheet
may i ask what are the documents needed for urgent processing ? i wanted to ask someone with experience in applying urgent processing , thank you

Reactions: luvtrump

adolfbuddha

Sep 28, 2017
hi guys I am planning for this Augus I am applying for 2 daughter
1.one started school last year and so what are educational doc I need to submit ,
2. i have my daughter report card in my mail without the teacher or principal sign is that ok
3.if report card is not ok how to get student index card

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
1.one started school last year and so what are educational doc I need to submit ,
2. i have my daughter report card in my mail without the teacher or principal sign is that ok
For minors, Passport and health card copies will work, that's enough.
If you don't have health card then you can also submit copy of immunization from your doctor.
Also School records can be submitted, you can get it from the school board, just call the school.

fafa3002

Star Member
Sep 2, 2017
Type: Paper
Application Type: Single
Physical Presence: 1109 Days
Application Sent: Aug 23, 2021
Application Delivered: Aug 24, 2021

Reactions: Kanedaa

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Please check the link below if only you are applying for minors citizenship application.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/citizenship-minors-subsection-5-11.html
  • If the minor is under 14 years of age on the date you sign the application, please submit photocopies of official education record(s) in which the minor attended an educational institution in the past 5 years.
    Official education records are:
    • Report cards
    • Transcripts
    • Attendance records
  • Note: Student identification cards and letters from institutions, teachers or principals are not accepted as official education records.
    Home schooling: If the minor was home schooled in the past 5 years, submit photocopies of written proof of registration as determined by the respective Ministry of Education in the province or territory where you live.
    If no, explain why these documents are not in your possession in the space provided.
    Note: Minors 14 years of age and over on the date you sign the application are not required to submit education records upfront with the application
  • Select “Yes” or “No” to indicate if you have all of the required photocopies of official education records.
  • Tell us what you have been doing during the five (5) year eligibility period. You must list all your work and study history including English/French language training inside or outside Canada for the five (5) year eligibility period. Press the (+) plus button if you need more space.
    • If you were not working because you were studying, unemployed, retired, a caregiver, homemaker or volunteering for any part of this time, provide that information, including the location.
    • If you were self-employed, you must provide details of your self-employment.
    • If you have multiple occupations/activities that are present, type “present” instead of putting a date.
  • You must provide information that covers the five (5) year eligibility period, being sure to account for each month.
    Do not leave any gaps during this period and do not leave this section blank. If you do, your application will be returned to you
    Note:
    If the minor was not alive during part of their eligibility period, use their date of birth as the start of their eligibility period

le chat orange

Jul 20, 2018
Type: Paper
Application Type: Single
Physical Presence: 1141 days
Application Sent: August 10, 2021
Application Delivered: August 13, 2021

Reactions: Kanedaa