+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

creatorzson

Star Member
Jan 23, 2017
August 2021 Application:

Stuck at citizenship test completed since July 2022. No update after that. Rest all steps are in process.

IRCC is taking quite a long time to process the online applications. Paper applications are being processed way quicker now.

No revert from them on the GCMS notes as well yet. I have already submitted the request twice :(

• Angry
Reactions: tonymeland

Hus85

Sep 16, 2017
August 2021 Application:

Stuck at citizenship test completed since July 2022. No update after that. Rest all steps are in process.

IRCC is taking quite a long time to process the online applications. Paper applications are being processed way quicker now.

No revert from them on the GCMS notes as well yet. I have already submitted the request twice :(
My wife is an August 2021 paper-based applicant. The decision was made on 20th July 2022 and after that, we have been waiting for the oath. So far nothing.
The last conversation she had with her test office as she was in a queue for the oath ceremony. This was in the last week of November 2022. We live in Saskatchewan.

DeBaPh

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
August 2021 Application:

I'm in a similar situation. Test completed on July 28th, 2022 and all stages completed on August 4th, 2022. Waiting for oath now.

I applied for GCMS notes on June 9th, 2022 and got reply on December 12th, 2022.

Paper applications have priority it seems and online applications are at the back of the line.

Irony is that even 2022 paper applications are getting processed faster and applicants are getting oath within 6-8 months.

• Angry

Hus85

Sep 16, 2017
I'm in a similar situation. Test completed on July 28th, 2022 and all stages completed on August 4th, 2022. Waiting for oath now.

I applied for GCMS notes on June 9th, 2022 and got reply on December 12th, 2022.

Paper applications have priority it seems and online applications are at the back of the line.

Irony is that even 2022 paper applications are getting processed faster and applicants are getting oath within 6-8 months.
What's your GCMS notes said?

levintt

Mar 27, 2018
Pierre brought up a huge issue in parliament. It seems many immigration related applications were assigned to officers who were no longer working for IRCC. They identified the issue now. Hopefully some applications will see movement when it’s reassigned.

DeBaPh

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
Pierre brought up a huge issue in parliament. It seems many immigration related applications were assigned to officers who were no longer working for IRCC. They identified the issue now. Hopefully some applications will see movement when it’s reassigned.
Damn. IRCC seems to be in a terrible mismanagement situation.

But I still wonder how are they processing 2022 applications while they have a backlog of previous years pending.

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
August 2021 Application:

I passed the test in Apr-2022, still waiting for decision made.!!

DeBaPh

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
Are ghost updates a positive sign? I just saw my tracker update to December 16th but nothing else changed.

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Are ghost updates a positive sign? I just saw my tracker update to December 16th but nothing else changed.
Any update is a positive sign. Ghost update means someone looked in your profile behind the scenes.

Hmzmtl

Jul 5, 2022
Got the same update couple hours ago nothing changes
On a facebook groupe there is like 30 people with the same situation
I dont want to give my self hope for nothing cause we we are many with the same update

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Got the same update couple hours ago nothing changes
On a facebook groupe there is like 30 people with the same situation
I dont want to give my self hope for nothing cause we we are many with the same update
LoL, just noticed even I have the same. If the ghost update is for a very large group then some data update might have been done in the backend and less hopes of a real update in the backend. I wish I am totally wrong here.!