+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

mober21

Nov 1, 2021
You can reach out to IRCC.DNSCRCitizenshipCeremony-CeremonieCitoyenneteSCRRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca to request for rescheduling your ceremony.
Email subject should be your Application#: Pre Arranged Travel.
You can inform them when you are likely to come back to Canada in the email... Depending your dates they can then reschedule your ceremony...

I have don't have experience in rescheduling but I tried to request IRCC to reschedule the ceremony earlier, since I had pre-arranged travel, to an earlier date which they said No too and suggested "that I can request for cancelling the scheduled ceremony and keep my PR Card intact and reach out to them via email to request to be rescheduled after you have RETURNED to Canada. I would have most likely be rescheduled within 4-6 weeks from the date of my request"
Thank you for your suggestion

jacksheep

Star Member
Apr 5, 2019
still waiting and frustrated

Mar 22, 2022 - Citizenship test has been updated to Completed
Dec 20, 2021 - Background verification status has been updated to Completed
Sep 28, 2021 - Application filed
Aug 2021 - sent application

anyone has the similar timeline as me?

ashvez

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012

Similar timeline. My test was updated in May 2022

NBFamBam

Star Member
Feb 6, 2022
Hi when did you receive the invitation? My online application status changed 2 weeks ago that my oath is on the 26th but i still have not received anything yet for instructions
I received the email instruction with the form week after my status changed.

kezz

Dec 9, 2015
How is the Vancouver office with Scheduling the oaths?
Been almost a month since decision made.
Should I get excited or is it gonna take another month or so?

hateircc

Jul 15, 2022

Similar timeline, test completed in Feb. Contacted IRCC a few times and received generic response that since processing time is 2 years, application is not delayed and under normal processing time.

NBFamBam

Star Member
Feb 6, 2022

Have you tried to contact your mp? Maybe they can help.

SCNU

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
I finally got my citizenship certificate today, to the glory of God, but the intriguing thing about how I got it is what I want to share here.

First, we had our oath on the 17th of August, 2022, and our application was closed on the 22nd of August, 2022. From IRCC, I got the information that my certificate was mailed on the 26th of August. My certificate was mailed from the same city where I live. I have called IRCC several times, and they told me I should wait until six weeks before they can do anything about it. That six weeks came on Oct 7th, 2022 and I called IRCC, and they sent a note to my local office informing them that they I had not received the certificate. I have not heard back from the local office till today.

Now the interesting part. This evening (Oct 12, 2022), I went to check my mail, not expecting the certificate but to check for a product we were expecting. Upon checking my mailbox, I saw a mail that was not mine; it was the same house number but on a different street adjacent to my street. Then something clicked ( I believe it was God); he said, take the mail to the address and give it to them. While at it, ask them if they got any of our mail. I did just that. I went to their house ( 5mins walk) and gave them their letter; then I asked if they had any letters for me. They asked me my name, I gave them, and they indicated that they were looking for my address and that they had got a mail, and the mail looked like it was important mail cos on the mail it stated: "Do not bend." They went in and brought it, and it was my Citizenship Certificate. I was stunned.

I am grateful they did not throw it away; who knows when the local office will get back to me on a new one. I will tell IRCC that I found the certificate, and they should not worry about sending me a new one.

This is my story. Hopefully, this will help someone.

Last edited:

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
I finally got my citizenship certificate today, to the glory of God, but the intriguing thing about how I got it is what I want to share here.

First, we had our oath on the 17th of August, 2022, and our application was closed on the 22nd of August, 2022. From IRCC, I got the information that my certificate was mailed on the 26th of August. My certificate was mailed from the same city where I live. I have called IRCC several times, and they told me I should wait until six weeks before they can do anything about it. That six weeks came on Oct 7th, 2022 and I called IRCC, and they sent a note to my local office informing them that they I had not received the certificate. I have not heard back from the local office till today.

Now the interesting part. This evening (Oct 12, 2022), I went to check my mail, not expecting the certificate but to check for a product we were expecting. Upon checking my mailbox, I saw a mail that was not mine; it was the same house number but on a different street adjacent to my street. Then something clicked ( I believe it was God); he said, take the mail to the address and give it to them. While at it, ask them if they got any of our mail. I did just that. I went to their house ( 5mins walk) and gave them their letter; then I asked if they had any letters for me. They asked me my name, I gave them, and they indicated that they were looking for my address and that they had got a mail, and the mail looked like it was important mail cos on the mail it stated: "Do not bend." They went in and brought it, and it was my Citizenship Certificate. I was stunned.

I am grateful they did not throw it away; who knows when the local office will get back to me on a new one. I will tell IRCC that I found the certificate, and they should not worry about sending me a new one.

This is my story. Hopefully, this will help someone.
Interesting and unique.
Seems like it was IRCC's error in drafting the address. But when you got their mail seems like there's a deeper issue where you get each other's mails.!

sugaredfects

Sep 27, 2022
Interesting and unique.
Seems like it was IRCC's error in drafting the address. But when you got their mail seems like there's a deeper issue where you get each other's mails.!
Or the post officer's error. That happens to me with regular mail. I have a similar house number 3 streets away and they keep mixing up mails

citizentest21

Nov 30, 2021
Hi guys I’m an august 2020 applicant mississauga . Waiting for oath date. I got a ghost update on Friday but not sure what that means. Anyone know?