+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

Lupus

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
Yes, the modified LIFO processing is what really made me frustrated and depressed. I am in a few groups and seeing 2022 paper applications consistently being processed in 3-6 months. I was feeling ready to give up and withdraw my application in August, when I was waiting with no signs of oath while a crowd of people in one of the groups who had moved to Canada well after me and had applied only earlier in 2022 was taking oath left and right.
Damn i didn’t know it was possible to being processed in 3-6 months. Very lucky 2022 applicants.

Reactions: trumprefugee

TIGER123

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
400 days since I sent my application: Vancouver office.

Everything completed except Oath Ceremony since May 10, 2022.

Sent them an e-mail, called them last week, contacted my MP a month ago, sent them two webforms, and made two requests for GCMS notes.

All I've heard from them are canned answers: "We verified the information you provided and can confirm that a decision has been made. You will be contacted by mail or email about the decision on your citizenship application."

"We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application to become a Canadian citizen (grant of citizenship) is in the finalization process."

Yes, I have been waiting for about 14 months now since I logged in my application too, now I am stucked at Citizenship test - completed since June 27th, 2022. language, physical presence and prohibition are still "in progress".. zz what is vancity office doing now? I was wondering. are they still open? lol

le chat orange

Jul 20, 2018
I applied for my passport today and will be able to pick it up in two weeks for travel in three. If you would like to read about my experience, it's in the in-person application thread linked here.

Acorn450

Star Member
Jun 1, 2022
hey! got requested for an online interview/doc check, anyone has experience with these? thanks
I had an interview in August. I am still unsure exactly why. I thought it went well, but the agent ended up asking for some supplemental information. I submitted the info, but no updates yet.

What office sent you the invitation?

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
I finally got my oath invite for November 1. Still waiting for the email with details, when does that usually come?
See, we told you your oath was coming and would arrive before an attempt to withdraw the application would be processed! :D

The timing of the email depends on the office. For online oaths, Scarborough tends to send the email pretty close to the oath date, but usually around a week before. Some people here have reported in-person oaths in Scarborough, and sometimes those invitations come in the postal mail about 1-2 weeks in advance.

GargiS

Star Member
Jun 11, 2017
Finally got some update today. In the new tracker Physical presence, language skills and prohibitions all changed to Completed on June 15th 2022. In the old tracker status changed to Decision Made.
Finallyyyy, after over 3 months of waiting since Decision made, got an update when i checked the tracker today. Citizenship oath activity updated to "in Progress" on Sep 27th 2022. Citizenship oath ceremony scheduled for 1st Nov 2022. Now waiting for the instruction email to attend the ceremony.