+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

Perry Remy

Dec 2, 2020
Yeah, looks like it, both you and lehar.sood got the same update. I'll call them again closer to the weekend and can verify if its the same update as both of you. BTW if you're in/ around GTA, the Hamilton passport office has a few appointments for the 11th of Oct- assuming we get our certificates on time, might be worth booking an appointment and submitting your applications.
Any update for your invite. It seems like they send it very close to the ceremony date. I'm having my Oath ceremony on Oct. 17th and want know when should I expect to receive the invite.

akshath.goyal

Jul 22, 2022
Any update for your invite. It seems like they send it very close to the ceremony date. I'm having my Oath ceremony on Oct. 17th and want know when should I expect to receive the invite.
No updates yet, but given that Sept 19th is a federal holiday, fairly certain the oath has been pushed for another date and so less stressed about not receiving the invite/

Edit: just checked my profile and new date is Sept 24.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Anyone still waiting for their citizenship ceremony status to update? Everything updated on June 28, nothing since then for me. Scarborough office.
Email them asking about your oath (reply to the email that sent you the test invite). That seems to work for most people processed by Scarborough in getting their oath scheduled quickly.

sufi0808

Nov 12, 2021
Montreal
Category........
Other
I’m calling IRCC now…this waiting game has to STOP at some point. Some of us in this forum had their Oath Ceremony early September and they’ve already received their Certificate…Not to mention that passport processing time is as painful as this whole process has been.
Its really painful and there is no respite. Please keep us posted what you hear from them.

Benito2

Aug 11, 2021
Test updated to complete on May, only background done since March, everything else still processing, copies of passport asked right after the test. No updates since then, any words of wisdom/encouragement?

Dp32

Jan 25, 2019
Hey guys, I just got my oath scheduled and i am getting married 5 days before the oath. My marital status changes just before the oath. So if i report it, do they cancel my oath? Also, does this trigger a full background check process for my wife as well? Anyone with any knowledge on this, please comment.

Reactions: Toronto1971

Katfezy

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
Test updated to complete on May, only background done since March, everything else still processing, copies of passport asked right after the test. No updates since then, any words of wisdom/encouragement?
I will give you company. I am in the same boat.

Reactions: Acorn450

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Hey guys, I just got my oath scheduled and i am getting married 5 days before the oath. My marital status changes just before the oath. So if i report it, do they cancel my oath? Also, does this trigger a full background check process for my wife as well? Anyone with any knowledge on this, please comment.
You no need to report now - but if asked during the ceremony you should be honest. it's not going to effect your citizenship process.

Reactions: Toronto1971