+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

Screenager

May 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear fellow Canadians and soon to be Canadians,

Quick question: How early should we be to the Zoom room for the oath ceremony? Mine’s at 1pm and have an important interview that ends just 30mins prior to ceremony time.
… and any last minute tips for this poor soul?

Is it an issue if our signature goes outside the box like sid8tive mentioned above?

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015

Quick question: How early should we be to the Zoom room for the oath ceremony? Mine’s at 1pm and have an important interview that ends just 30mins prior to ceremony time.
30 mins is ample time. Just follow the instructions sent to you.

Reactions: Screenager

Is it an issue if our signature goes outside the box like sid8tive mentioned above?
I'm fairly certain I'm overthinking the signature bit. Will report back if they ask me to re-send the form. Though, I don't think it should be an issue, honestly. I'm paranoid by nature, lol.

As for your questions, just have fun! The first section of the session is 'pre-registration' which can last upto 30 min in my experience. So, even if you join on the dot of your appointed time, that's fine - you'll still be waiting a bit to get to the ID verification/registration step.

max09

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Your case is on right track, just wait for the oath invite. The kids status will change at the end when they send the oath invite.
Thank You for responding.
I hope it goes through soon but I am amused that IRCC responded saying the application has been granted but asking me to request to expedite. If everything is complete, what are they waiting for.

max09

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Hi the status for the kids is normal. When you get the Oath scheduled, your kids will get it done as well. My kid has everything in progress but has been scheduled for oath along with us. And your kids application usually don't hold up yours if applied at the same time.

Unfortunately its a wait game and no one knows how long it takes. If you have a valid reason for urgent processing, you can raise that and expedite the process with appropriate documents.
Thank You for responding.
I hope it works out. People here have said an email to IRCC triggers scheduling of Oath. I'll wait till the end of the week before looking into expediting the application. Congratulations on you Oath ceremony getting scheduled !

Reactions: arvindrags

max09

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
For the ny and wife’s application, All activities (except Oath) were marked completed on Aug 4 and Oath invite update was received on Aug 9
SCR office.
For my daughters applications, Language, Physical Presence, Background Verification , Ceremony moved to In Progress on Aug 9
Citizenship test not started
Only Prohibition is marked completed (Aug 4)
Cool, scheduling of Oath happened very quickly for you after the status change, congratulations !
For me, I guess I'll just have to wait and keep fingers crossed.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Cool, scheduling of Oath happened very quickly for you after the status change, congratulations !
For me, I guess I'll just have to wait and keep fingers crossed.
I had to travel for 2 weeks on business mid to end of July so I told the SCR office (first week of June) that I am traveling and if they can expedite my processing... They said No they wont.
I believe while others were getting the process completed my application went in cold storage.
So when I came back to Toronto end of Jul, I wrote to them that I am back providing them the copy of the tickets and boarding passes. (I did not ask them to expedite my application again in this email.)
So that kinda triggered them to take action on my file and as a result of it all activities were marked completed and Oath invite

Reactions: prkuti

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Update:
I’ve got an email with instructions for the ceremony.
My ceremony date is: September 13
Office: Calgary
Email with instructions: August 17
Ceremony invitation: July 26
Scarborough, ON office here...
Our Oath ceremony date is: September 13
Waiting for the invite as well

max09

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
I had to travel for 2 weeks on business mid to end of July so I told the SCR office (first week of June) that I am traveling and if they can expedite my processing... They said No they wont.
I believe while others were getting the process completed my application went in cold storage.
So when I came back to Toronto end of Jul, I wrote to them that I am back providing them the copy of the tickets and boarding passes. (I did not ask them to expedite my application again in this email.)
So that kinda triggered them to take action on my file and as a result of it all activities were marked completed and Oath invite
Wow, thats quite a story.
I had to miss a couple of my business travels in July. Don't want to lose more hence I am desperate.
Seems like there is not logic or trend to the sequence in which they are processing things, its so haphazard the only option is wait and watch.
Let's hope I hear from them sooner.