+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

sachinfromNB

May 13, 2022
I am expecting to get my Oath ceremony invite soon.
Due to work, I have to move to a different city for few weeks.

Can family members take Oath separately from different cities., family of three was filed together?

I am expecting to get my Oath ceremony invite soon.
Due to work, I have to move to a different city for few weeks.

Can family members take Oath separately from different cities., family of three was filed together?
I'll let others chime in, but I think as long as everyone is physically located in Canada at the time of the Ceremony, actual location shouldn't matter. Even with a group application, everyone will need to send in their own signed Oath form, so if they join remotely from different cities, all in Canada, it may be fine.

Amar55

Jun 25, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
Doc's Request.
22-09-2017
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
IELTS Request
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
22-09-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2018
When did you get the email? and which email id? Nothing yet in my inbox and spam.
I just emailed them to expedite it. but they replied that it has been shipped on Aug 12

sachinfromNB

May 13, 2022
I'll let others chime in, but I think as long as everyone is physically located in Canada at the time of the Ceremony, actual location shouldn't matter. Even with a group application, everyone will need to send in their own signed Oath form, so if they join remotely from different cities, all in Canada, it may be fine.
Thanks for replying, Is each family member get separate link to join Oath or it is same link? I am worried if It is one link and can't be open from multiple laptops at the same time

Kalsiharjot

Star Member
Dec 30, 2016
Thanks for replying, Is each family member get separate link to join Oath or it is same link? I am worried if It is one link and can't be open from multiple laptops at the same time
As long as one is in the country it should be fine, my opinion. As this may not be the first time IRCC may have come across a situation like this.
I would write them an email and request to either reschedule it or ask them for a separate link to join the ceremony.
I have a feeling it will work out in your favour. Best wishes.

max09

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Hi Folks

I sent email to Scarborough IRCC about the delay in my Citizenship ceremony since all other steps in my application have been completed since August 3rd. They promptly responded saying "Our records show that your application has just been granted on 2022/08/03. You can follow the progress on your application on your tracker in your IRCC account.". They pasted the GCKey portal link in there. Further on they said, "For your request to expedite your application, please provide supporting documents for our consideration and action."
I am unable to see the status in GCKey account since I applied on paper and I cannot link my application because the only subcategories I see under "Citizenship" are search and proof of Citizenship.
I am not sure how to interpret their response. Can someone please provide some guidance here?
To add some detail, for both me and my wife, all steps are completed but the Citizenship ceremony where the status is "not started".
For my kid however all the steps show "In progress" status with the exception of "Citizenship Test" and "Citizenship ceremony" where the status is "Not started". The presence of things like "Language skills" and "Citizenship test" on my kids application is weird, maybe its just a default format they have and some of the items do not apply.
Did someone else who applied for their kids as well observed the same behaviour for their kid's application status?
I think because none of the steps on my kid's application have been completed is what holding our Citizenship ceremony, do you think that might be the case?
What steps would you recommend, should I email IRCC on my kids behalf to ask them what the hold up is for or you think I should wait for some days and hope the status changes to "In progress" for "Citizenship ceremony" given that my email might make them expedite our case?

Thanks

arvindrags

Star Member
Apr 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-10-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
16-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2017
Hi Folks

I sent email to Scarborough IRCC about the delay in my Citizenship ceremony since all other steps in my application have been completed since August 3rd. They promptly responded saying "Our records show that your application has just been granted on 2022/08/03. You can follow the progress on your application on your tracker in your IRCC account.". They pasted the GCKey portal link in there. Further on they said, "For your request to expedite your application, please provide supporting documents for our consideration and action."
I am unable to see the status in GCKey account since I applied on paper and I cannot link my application because the only subcategories I see under "Citizenship" are search and proof of Citizenship.
I am not sure how to interpret their response. Can someone please provide some guidance here?
To add some detail, for both me and my wife, all steps are completed but the Citizenship ceremony where the status is "not started".
For my kid however all the steps show "In progress" status with the exception of "Citizenship Test" and "Citizenship ceremony" where the status is "Not started". The presence of things like "Language skills" and "Citizenship test" on my kids application is weird, maybe its just a default format they have and some of the items do not apply.
Did someone else who applied for their kids as well observed the same behaviour for their kid's application status?
I think because none of the steps on my kid's application have been completed is what holding our Citizenship ceremony, do you think that might be the case?
What steps would you recommend, should I email IRCC on my kids behalf to ask them what the hold up is for or you think I should wait for some days and hope the status changes to "In progress" for "Citizenship ceremony" given that my email might make them expedite our case?

Thanks
Hi the status for the kids is normal. When you get the Oath scheduled, your kids will get it done as well. My kid has everything in progress but has been scheduled for oath along with us. And your kids application usually don't hold up yours if applied at the same time.

Unfortunately its a wait game and no one knows how long it takes. If you have a valid reason for urgent processing, you can raise that and expedite the process with appropriate documents.

mindblowz

Star Member
Oct 8, 2018
Hello, i had my citizenship ceremony on august 12th and my application was updated as complete on august 15th.
how long does it take to receive certificate of citizenship?
thanks

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Hi Folks

Thanks
Your case is on right track, just wait for the oath invite. The kids status will change at the end when they send the oath invite.

Hello, i had my citizenship ceremony on august 12th and my application was updated as complete on august 15th.
how long does it take to receive certificate of citizenship?
thanks
~2 weeks from when the application is marked 'Closed' from the data points observed on the forum.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi Folks

Thanks
For the ny and wife’s application, All activities (except Oath) were marked completed on Aug 4 and Oath invite update was received on Aug 9
SCR office.
For my daughters applications, Language, Physical Presence, Background Verification , Ceremony moved to In Progress on Aug 9
Citizenship test not started
Only Prohibition is marked completed (Aug 4)

Last edited:
Reactions: husman

This is mostly me overthinking it while I wait for updates, but my signature went outside the box in the Oath form. Will that be an issue? :confused:

• Wow
Reactions: Screenager