+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

Meeree

Oct 4, 2017
Hi there,

Is it normal to have done citizenship test while all other steps are still “in progress”. I always thought citizenship test is an indication that we are closer to the completion but I could be wrong.

Applied August 2021.
AOR Nov 2021.
Test email March 2022.
Test completed March 2022.

No other updates. What do you think where are we in the process?

Also, how do I know which is our processing office? I received test email from this email: DNCITSRYTESTS@cic.gc.ca. Thanks.
I have the exact same situation, Test passed, everything else, including background check still “In Progress”. My timeline is similar to yours as well.
I found couple of other threads with handful of people in similar situation (test passed, everything in progress) so I would say it’s normal but a niche perhaps? I haven’t seen anyone yet who experienced anything beyond this situation though. Why, I have no idea. Judging by the small sample of people who post on this forum, i have come to believe it’s extremely difficult to predict any timelines or step sequences. Anything is possible.

Total guess, no info whatsoever, I think the email you shared is from Surrey office (if Surrey has a office). Mine was Vancouver.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
DM me your first part of the page where it says your app status . App reason. Blank out your personal information.
What does luvtrump mean?

• Haha
Reactions: Vangamu

Paper applicants are the winner here, Yay. I am an online applicant, Booo for me lol.
...for now :) - it's been like this: at each stage, first paper apps move ahead, then they slow down while online ones then catch up, rinse and repeat. Net net we would all average the same amount of processing time in the end.

Reactions: Jakev and Dreamer77

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
...for now :) - it's been like this: at each stage, first paper apps move ahead, then they slow down while online ones then catch up, rinse and repeat. Net net we would all average the same amount of processing time in the end.
Lol no they are just clearning paper to avoid backlog