IELTS Request
Sent with application - 7.5
Med's Done....
08/09/2016
Passport Req..
13/09/2016
Hi guys

Just submitted my fingerprints for BG check

I already gave my citizenship test which is marked as completed as of 19th April 2022 in my online tracker. However, after reading through comments, it’s usually BG done before Citizenship Test

I had got the request for both Test and FP on the same date, is it normal ? The fingerprinting agency mentioned that if all criminal records are clear it should be processed by RCMP in 3 days and sent to IRCC, how much time does it take to reflect on IRCC once it’s sent by RCMP and will my other processes like probation, language and physical skill be updated with the BG check ?

Secondly, I had got an email in November asking me for my renewed passport, I wrote back saying that since my country doesn’t allow dual citizenship I plan on surrendering it once I get Canadian citizenship, however on online tracker it still says waiting information from you.

Kindly suggest

BeerBeem

Feb 1, 2022
Hi guys

Just submitted my fingerprints for BG check

I already gave my citizenship test which is marked as completed as of 19th April 2022 in my online tracker. However, after reading through comments, it’s usually BG done before Citizenship Test
Hi,

I got my FP and test invite within 4 days of each other, and there are no set rules that FP needs to be sent before the test, there are several candidates who received FP after the test.

I had got the request for both Test and FP on the same date, is it normal ? The fingerprinting agency mentioned that if all criminal records are clear it should be processed by RCMP in 3 days and sent to IRCC, how much time does it take to reflect on IRCC once it’s sent by RCMP and will my other processes like probation, language and physical skill be updated with the BG check ?
RCMP takes 1-2 weeks to process CRC with digital FPs for normal applicants and up to 8 weeks for applicants with Criminal Records. Add another 2 weeks with current delays to see the status change in IRCC. So normal case would be about 3 weeks between submitting FP and reflecting in IRCC.

BG verification resumes once the FP is received by IRCC, again there is no set timeline for completion - varies from location to location.
Prohibition/Language/Presence will be marked completed only towards the time of receiving your Oath Letter. - no set timeline. (SCR office average processing time is 2.5 months after Test and BG completed status.)

Secondly, I had got an email in November asking me for my renewed passport, I wrote back saying that since my country doesn’t allow dual citizenship I plan on surrendering it once I get Canadian citizenship, however on online tracker it still says waiting information from you.

Kindly suggest
As per the citizenship application requirement, you can apply even with an expired passport, but you need to give a justifiable reason as to why you don't have a valid passport or a passport that expires within the timeframe of citizenship processing(now 27 months). Provide reasons as to why you are not planning to travel outside Canada until your Citizenship and new Canadian passport are available - Full-time employment, Family commitments in Canada, etc.

Contact IRCC regarding this and check if the clarification you sent earlier helps.

Btw, has your passport expired? or when is it expiring? I had 5 months remaining on my old passport at the time of application, so to avoid the risk of delays during BG verification, I renewed my passport(which took 1 month) and applied for citizenship with new passport details.

Reactions: tbear

ceek

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Hi, just wondering is there anyone still waiting for their online tracker to be updated after taken the test and passed? Ours has been since last month.

Last edited:
Reactions: didouette

hassan09

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw Ex Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
2nd AOR :19.04.2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16.02.2013, Remedicals for kids (15.02.2014)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
Planning for October 2014

bhavikc20

Star Member
May 16, 2017
Is the c-test easier than all the practice tests out on the web?
Im good with most of it apart from all the dates... any one with experience with the test, id welcome some feedback on how yours was?

Is the c-test easier than all the practice tests out on the web?
Im good with most of it apart from all the dates... any one with experience with the test, id welcome some feedback on how yours was?
Test was relatively easier than the mocks. All questions were based off of the book.

Reactions: bhavikc20