+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

dddimok

Jun 17, 2019
Please update the sheet.
Completed the test today: 2022-04-01
20/20, 4 minutes. It takes much longer to take all photos.

Last edited:
Reactions: fafa3002

sebishh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
15-06-2017
I got a ghost update today. Everything is same but it shows updated on 1st April. Is this a good sign?
application sent: August 27
AOR: November 16
Ghost update: April 1

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
I think a lot of people (including myself at first till I read more about it) are misunderstanding the whole processing time brouhaha. What it boils down to is as follows:

Prior to this new update, when you submit your application there is an "implied promised" by IRCC that your application will be finalized and you'll be granted within 12 months (i.e. the service standards). However, IRCC realized they are not keeping this "implied promise" so they look at the data for the past six months and realized well it's taking us 27 months to process 80% of applications we received so we might as well update the processing time to reflect the current reality rather than the 12 month we promised people but weren't adhering to.
Just like AOR updates where we see which dates they are generating AORs for, we will now see the processing time update weekly (taking into account the last 6 months of data). Therefore, the processing times will increase/decrease depending on how fast they work through backlog. It also goes without saying that unlike before where you can ask IRCC what's going on with your file after 12 months, now they are no longer obligated to keep to that 12 months schedule.

Reactions: micky.nice

winteriscoming2017

Star Member
Sep 9, 2017
I have the same feeling as well, we're already done with the test. so it shouldn't take us 27 months. let's hope!
The only concern is that most of us are now waiting on our test invite and/or oath. When most of us applied the processing time was 12 months. And hope they stick to that.

DeBaPh

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
A little update on one of my earlier queries in the group;

So I received an update on my account on March 21st saying that a correspondence was sent to me via email or letter and I was to follow the instructions on it. I was checking my letterbox and email frequently since the past 10 days but nothing came.

Finally, I called IRCC today and they told me that it was an error on their system and no correspondence was sent to me.

For the first time, I'm happy that they didn't send anything and so relieved that I didn't miss any correspondence or no information was lost.

• Haha
Reactions: BeerBeem

dddimok

Jun 17, 2019
Reactions: fafa3002

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
For those wondering or worried about 27 months processing time, here's my two cents. The timelines will be adjusted based on 80% of existing backlog applications and 20% of SLA. So at the moment that time comes to 27months. So once the backlogs start clearing the 27 months will get auto adjusted since it will be dynamic.
You might be right. It's not necessary the backlog will start clearing, it can pile up further as well.

rafayet

Star Member
Jan 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
Nomination.....
CC charged 21 January 2015, PER 12 February 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
07-04-2015
Med's Done....
11-04-2015
Passport Req..
27-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-05-2015

fafa3002

Star Member
Sep 2, 2017
https://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/
http://citizenshipcounts.ca/quiz
and https://hicanadatest.azurewebsites.net/quiz
Well and looked through Discover Canada once.

Imagine my surprise then I found that Conservatives leader has changed in February. O'Toole kicked out and now it's Candice Bergen. yourlibrary.ca updated the answer, others are not.
Thanks! With questions like the new conservative leader, do you have to give the name of the newest one? Do we get questions like this in the test?
The reason why I'm asking is that there are things in the Discover Canada booklet that are not up to date, for example the population of Canada. But if you get this in the test, you have to go with what is given in the book.

Reactions: sebishh and thuong